Tell me what you think about this League.

I'm looking for the forum's pro-spective on a this league... A buddy of mine runs a league up in simcoe county. I have played a few seasons and I think it's a bit of a crap shoot. I would like the forums opinion, if i should play this league again?

This is how the league works.. The buyin for 12 games is only $200. There are 27 players in the league. Each week the players play 3 separate SNGs. Your seat is determined by where you sit in the standings. (1-9 tbl 1, 10-18 tbl 2 and 19-27 tbl 3) Each week the points and money are awarded like this for each table... $50&10pts, 7, 5, 4, 4, 3, 2, 1, 0. Each point is worth 200 in tournament dollars for the playoffs. At the end of the regular season the top 11 and a wild card make the playoffs. 12th-27th play 2tbl SNG to determine the wildcard.

In the playoffs the top 12 players play 2 separate SNG's. Your seat is once again determined by where you finished in the regular season. Each table plays two games with the winner of each match moving onto heads up matches.

Once you have made the heads up matches you have made the money. The first winner on table 1 plays the winner of the second winner on table 2. and the opposite for table 2. the two first winners recieve a small chip advantage 10k vs. 7k. once these matches are completed the winners play a championship match and the other two play a consolation match. The prizes look like this 1st-1600, 2nd-1000, 3rd-600, 4th-400.

I'm continuely within the top 5 in pts during the regular season, however once i play the playoffs i cant seem to get a good run in either of the two matches. two years ago i got sucked out on huge when my opponent went runner runner to move on. It seems to me like the regular season doesn't matter(the money incentive is not even good only $50 for a win) so it seems like plrs just need limp into the playoffs and get lucky in one of the playoff games. we play this over 8 months, which is :bs:. also there is no prize for finishing first in the regular season, just a small chip advantage in the playoffs. I may have missed a couple minor details so if you are unclear about something ask away.

Comments

• personaly i am not a fan iho
  • I prefer a league that has several "seasons" during the year. Majority of the money is paid out each week with a portion of the buy-in going towards a season ending tourney with either the money added or a free roll for those that qualified.

Why not suggest a new format ?
  • djgolfcan wrote: »

Why not suggest a new format ?

I did, but he doesn't want to. all my suggestions get shot down pretty quick.
  • Was just going through all the threads I started and thought I would post my results from this years league so far. In the regular season I won 4 games to pay off the entry fee, I accumulated 79pts out of a possible 120pts and finished 15pts ahead of 2nd.#crushedit... Last week we played game 1 of the playoffs, I won to move on to the final four and ITM where I'm GTD a min of $300 to a max $1000... To win the final four I just have to win two best of three heads up matches.
  • Depending on the blinds structure that 10k to 7k advantage seems like more than "slight". First impression is that this seems weighted so that pay-outs are significant for the Finalist pairing, decent for the consolation pairing, and somewhat discouraging for everyone else. Cannot see the casual player liking this format much, or sticking around for multiple seasons.
  • We had only 20 this year,2 tables of 10. Which helped me increase my edge over everyone! so your also right about the casual gambler not liking it!lol

edit: the 10k/7k is only for the heads up which is great, but for the 5 handed and 4 handed playoff games its 200TD x (reg. season pts)... everyone except 1st and 2nd overall started with pretty much their starting stacks from the regular season.(the previous to years even 1st and 2nd were starting with their SS from the reg. season) that's why I was saying that.
  • Noted . . .
  • The level of complexity would also deter casual fish ...
  • Play cash games.
  • Play cash games.
    Working on it, lol
  • Just played the final four. Ended up going 4-0 in my heads up matches to finally ship this league!!!
  • RWPKRPLR wrote: »
    Just played the final four. Ended up going 4-0 in my heads up matches to finally ship this league!!!

Well, that answers the original question - should he play this league? LOL
  • Sure did lol