Live MTT hand JJ

Only the 2nd level of the tourney, but villain has been active and actually called a river bet in position with the NUTS!!!
He likes to fire most flops OOP
One of the regs at the table referred to him as a "PRO" ;)

Anyways on to the hand.

I've built my stack up fro 10k to almost 15k in the by the 1/2 way point of the 2nd level.

Blinds are 50/100.
I pick up JJ in the CO
Villain limps UTG
I raise to 400
Villain calls.
Pot 950
Flop 9 6 5 rainbow
Villain donks 300 into me
I raise to 1100
Villain calls
Pot is now 3150
Turn brings a T and a possible flush draw
Villain checks
I bet $1800
Villain calls
Pot is now $6750
River is an off suite 3, so no flush is possible
Villain bets $3k into me ....
Hero?

Comments

• I think I call here hoping that he has missed a draw and praying that he doesn't have 78s or two pair. I don't think he has a set but it's possible as well. Smells a little like a value bet (also like he thinks he's all pro cause everyone's saying that about him) but you are still left with 8700 and the blinds are still so low that you can recover easy enough. If the call is right you are up over 20K. I like a call, but I like to gamble early to try to get a decent stack going.
  • Hero heroes and hopes villain just shot himself in the foot
  • I like checking back the turn there for some pot control, makes the river call easier.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I like checking back the turn there for some pot control, makes the river call easier.

I was thinking the same. I also probably raise smaller on the flop.
  • actyper wrote: »
    I like checking back the turn there for some pot control, makes the river call easier.

this, but don't mind how it's played either

I'm probably swearing as I snap call river bet
  • I don't mind this board/situation as a spot to go for 3 streets
  • When you guys say you want to pot control here, you mean you want to leave money on the table and miss value right? This is an awful spot to pot control, it's a slam dunk bet/fold turn. Now call this river b/c it's hard to put him on any reasonable range but he would probably put more money in on earlier streets if he had us beat unless the river improved him, which is verrry unlikely. I'm with Richard, def going for 3-streets most times here, sucks that he donk bet such a retarded amount but I doubt I'm folding.
  • Call and pray he didn't hit set 5, 6 or most likely 3s