A few PLO Hands

2»

Comments

• Steve.693 wrote: »
    Here are a couple hands to resurrect my old thread. Critique away and I will then give my reads/reasons tomorrow as I am headed to sleep for a 5am morning.

PokerStars - $0.25 PL Hi (6 max) - Omaha Hi - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $51.21
    MP: $58.80
    CO: $9.65
    Hero (BTN): $54.34
    SB: $8.43
    BB: $29.76

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has A:heart: J:club: 8:club: 8:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, fold, fold

Flop: ($2.05, 2 players) J:heart: 3:diamond: 8:diamond:
    CO bets $1.96, Hero calls $1.96

Turn: ($5.97, 2 players) Q:heart:
    CO bets $5.70, Hero raises to $11.40, CO calls $1.14 and is all-in

River: ($19.65, 2 players) 9:heart:

CO shows A:diamond: 2:club: 2:heart: J:diamond: (One Pair, Jacks) (Pre 35%, Flop 32%, Turn 20%)
    Hero shows A:heart: J:club: 8:club: 8:heart: (Flush, Ace High) (Pre 65%, Flop 68%, Turn 80%)
    Hero wins $18.77

This one is easy to explain. Top set on relatively safe board (scared of diamonds but figured even then I am ahead/ even money) Shove and pray.

PokerStars - $0.25 PL Hi (6 max) - Omaha Hi - 6 players
    Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

SB: $52.16
    BB: $70.70
    UTG: $21.91
    Hero (MP): $30.01
    CO: $25.00
    BTN: $25.00

SB posts SB $0.10, BB posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.35) Hero has 5:club: Q:heart: K:heart: K:club:

UTG raises to $0.85, Hero calls $0.85, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($2.05, 2 players) T:spade: K:diamond: 4:diamond:
    UTG bets $1.96, Hero raises to $7.84, UTG raises to $21.06 and is all-in, Hero calls $13.22

Turn: ($44.17, 2 players) 7:heart:

River: ($44.17, 2 players) 6:club:

UTG shows A:heart: T:heart: Q:diamond: J:diamond: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 48%, Flop 53%, Turn 42%)
    Hero shows 5:club: Q:heart: K:heart: K:club: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 52%, Flop 47%, Turn 57%)
    Hero wins $42.18

if you don't 3 bet double suited kings what exactly is your 3 bet range?
  • Hand 1 I either just fold pre to the short stack as our hand isn't that great and outside of binking exactly what you got, doesn't play that well post flop. Not to mention there isn't enough equity to play weak aces given villains stack. Unless villain was steaming and overly aggro, I fold. As played raise and get it in on the flop. The turn completed a straight and while we do have equity against a made straight, just get it in on the flop and make life easier.

Hand 2 3bet pre. If I am 4bet, I am likely folding as villain with have less than a PSB and will likely be shipping any flop so calling is bad and villians 4bet range is likely always AA or large run downs so we are either flipping or crushed. We have position with a premium hand, 3bet and use position. As played, get it in obviously. I had nearly the same hand a few years back (kkxx vs big wrap) and PLO100....mine didn't end up as well....
  • In hand one my choice was because the CO was playing about 80% of hands and betting through whether he hit or not so I figured I could get the stack if I hit. I just called the flop because I figured I would see if the turn brought a diamond and I figured with a set and nut flush draw I had enough equity on the turn to shove.

Hand 2 I sometimes 3 bet and sometimes don't. I normally prefer 3 betting a hand that I can call a 4th bet with such as a big rundown or aces than one that I have to fold. I figure the other benefit here is that flat calling they don't put me on a big pair and that can lead to them making bigger mistakes post flop.
  • Steve.693 wrote: »
    In hand one my choice was because the CO was playing about 80% of hands and betting through whether he hit or not so I figured I could get the stack if I hit. I just called the flop because I figured I would see if the turn brought a diamond and I figured with a set and nut flush draw I had enough equity on the turn to shove.

Hand 2 I sometimes 3 bet and sometimes don't. I normally prefer 3 betting a hand that I can call a 4th bet with such as a big rundown or aces than one that I have to fold. I figure the other benefit here is that flat calling they don't put me on a big pair and that can lead to them making bigger mistakes post flop.

You're giving up way too much not 3 betting a high percentage of hands in position