Winnipeg's Tuesday night tourney

Anyone from this site playing in this Tuesday's tournament at Club Regent. I haven't made it to one yet but I'd like to know what to expect.

Paul

Comments

• Hey Paul,
    I played in one of these events over Christmas. Buy-in was $90 + $10 and $40 rebuys. Then a $50 add-on or something like that. It was an okay tournament. About 100 players and an average of 2 or 3 rebuys per player. I forget how big the prize pool was but I think first place was over $6000. The blind structure kind of got out of hand after the rebuy portion. At one point, the blinds MORE than doubled in subsequent rounds. Nonsense. The players weren't that great. It seemed like there were a lot of limit players who did not have too much no-limit experience so I saw a lot of people calling sizable raises preflop with marginal hands (e.g., any suited cards). It's also a total O-Fish tank -- many players who would stake their children's lives on AJo. I doubled up early when I went all-in with KK in late position after a raise and three limpers and I was called (rather quickly) by KQ. I ultimately met my demise in the second or third round after the rebuy period when I went all-in preflop (with a slightly below average stack) with JJ and the big blind called for most of his chips with KJ (it was sooooted though, so, obviously it was a fantastic call :confused: ). As soon as I saw his hand, I actually got up and put my coat on because I knew he was going to his one of his three outs. Of course, a king hit on the turn -- bah humbug :mad: Anyways, if you build up a decent stack in the rebuy period and catch some cards when the blinds start to explode you'll do well. And given that you are a forum member, I guarantee you're already well positioned to do better than most of the players in that tournament. Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    Phil
  • Thanks man
  • So did you play? How'd you do? For more info on the tourny, member DJW has played in a couple. I've only been a cheerleader.

One of my buddies, Sean Tauber, has won an event, don't know if you know him