Dat support ^^'

Them:
Hello IRichardI,

Thank you for your cashout request.

Due to the accumulated amount that you have cashed out in the last 30 days, we are required to ask that you provide some documentation to verify your identity and location. We ask that you please provide the following:

1. a copy of a valid, government issued, photo ID

2. a copy of a recent utility bill clearly showing your full name, current address and statement date (no older than 3 months). In lieu of a utility bill, we will accept a phone bill, bank statement, payslip or insurance bill which includes your full name, current address and statement date. Please note, we will not be able to accept personal letters or online statements.

If you have access to your PokerStars account we ask you to please log in and upload all requested documents via the client.

Please go to "Help > Contact Support / Upload Documents" and you will be able to upload documents with a size up to 5 MB.

If you are not able to log into your account please scan or make a digital photo of your ID (front and back) and send it to security@pokerstars.eu, or fax to:

PokerStars
Attn: Security
Fax: +44-1624-630899 (international)
Fax: 1-800-631-9050 (toll free)
Fax: 00800-7653-7782 (UK & Italy)

Please ensure that if you are sending documentation via fax that you clearly write your User ID on every page.

Please understand that these documents are being requested for your protection as well as ours. They are solely for security purposes and are bound by our privacy policy.

Thank you in advance for cooperating with our security procedures.

PokerStars Security

me:

Sent: 2011/05/30 04:49:55
To: support@pokerstars.eu
Subject: trouble cashing out

>User ID: IRichardI This message was sent from the Contact
>Support form. Authenticated sender is "call01@hotmail.com"
>
>Category: Cashier Sub-Category: Cashout - Questions
>Client Version: '4.696' System (OS) Info: 'Windows7[6.1]'
>
>Message:
>
>Hi
>
>I feel like I've provided a copy of my ID before during one of
>the times I've been wrongly suspected of connections with
>players "with whom you have an issue" but let me know if you
>still need me to send that in.
>
>My question however is what else you needed from me? I have no
>phone bills , pay slips or anything of that sort and I'm not
>entirely sure what a bank statement is or how I go about getting
>one, especially if you didn't want something from my internet
>bank. Any advise or clearification would be appriciated ^^'
>
>Regards
>/Richard

them:

Hello Richard,

Thank you for your cashout request.

Due to the large amount of your cashout, we are required to ask
that you provide some documentation to verify your identity and
location. We ask that you please provide the following:

2. a copy of a recent utility bill clearly showing your full
name, current address and statement date (no older than 3
months). In lieu of a utility bill, we will accept a phone bill,
bank statement, payslip or insurance bill which includes your
full name, current address and statement date. Please note, we
will not be able to accept personal letters.

If you have access to your PokerStars account we ask you to
please log in and upload all requested documents via the client.

Please go to "Help > Contact Support / Upload Documents" and you
will be able to upload documents with a size up to 5 MB.

If you are not able to log into your account please scan or make
a digital photo of your ID (front and back) and send it to
security@pokerstars.com, or fax to:

PokerStars
Attn: Security
Fax: +44-1624-630899 (international)
Fax: 1-800-631-9050 (Canada toll free)
Fax: 00800-7653-7782 (UK & Italy)

Please ensure that if you are sending documentation via fax that
you clearly write your User ID on every page.

Please understand that these documents are being requested for
your protection as well as ours. They are solely for security
purposes and are bound by our Privacy Policy.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Regards,

Rodrigo
PokerStars Security Team

I have a decent idea of what I'm supposed to send in but this is just retarded...I mean seriously, are they even trying to pretend like they know what they're doing? <.<

Comments

• They may be trying to ensure that it's you cashing out and someone has not hacked your PS/email accounts.
  • That's not quite the issue I have with it ^^'

They emailed me telling me they need stuff from me. I asked how to get ahold of the stuff they need. They responded by "we need stuff"
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    That's not quite the issue I have with it ^^'

They emailed me telling me they need stuff from me. I asked how to get ahold of the stuff they need. They responded by "we need stuff"

It's not up to them to tell you how to get government id or phone/utility bills. That would be different depending on where you live. It appears to be getting much more common now, probably because of the numbers of fraudulent/hacked accounts.
  • Even so, they could've done a better job explaining that than copypasting the original email for absolutely no reason
    Them:

Due to the accumulated amount that you have cashed out in the last 30 days, we are required to ask that you provide some documentation to verify your identity and location. We ask that you please provide the following:

2. a copy of a recent utility bill clearly showing your full name, current address and statement date (no older than 3 months). In lieu of a utility bill, we will accept a phone bill, bank statement, payslip or insurance bill which includes your full name, current address and statement date. Please note, we will not be able to accept personal letters or online statements.
    I have a decent idea of what I'm supposed to send in but this is just retarded...I mean seriously, are they even trying to pretend like they know what they're doing? <.<
    Richard~ wrote: »
    Even so, they could've done a better job explaining that than copypasting the original email for absolutely no reason

I am not sure what is confusing about what they are asking for?? This is pretty standard KYC (know your customer) stuff.

They are asking for ID..you must have that.

They are asking for something to verify that you live where you say you do.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    I am not sure what is confusing about what they are asking for?? This is pretty standard KYC (know your customer) stuff.

They are asking for ID..you must have that.

They are asking for something to verify that you live where you say you do.

well I emailed them against and they apologized and said they already have my id so there's no need for that. Then they adviced me to just go to the bank and ask for a document with my adress on it linked to my accounts and they should be able to provide it for me.

What can I say, I'm easily confused, does that mean I shouldn't get support from their support staff? ^^'
    well I emailed them against and they apologized and said they already have my id so there's no need for that. Then they adviced me to just go to the bank and ask for a document with my adress on it linked to my accounts and they should be able to provide it for me.

What can I say, I'm easily confused, does that mean I shouldn't get support from their support staff? ^^'

Not saying you shouldn't get support..lol Just not sure why you would be mad at them to start with? They were quite clear in what they wanted? ID and address verification is very standard stuff. A pain in the ass (*just went through this with Betfair and Tilt myself) You said you don't know what a bank statement is...do they call them something else in Europe? I find it strange that you have absolutely no mail coming in that has your address that would fall within the guidelines? No phone bill? No utilities?
  • I was just annoyed cause they copypasted the same email I asked about as a response to my question. The apartment is not rented in my name, I don't have a job and any school stuff is more than 3 months old. I honestly wasn't sure what a bank statement was, I get all kinds of different statements from my bank online and offline all the time lol. Turns out what I need is called "ekonomisk översikt" in swedish (economical overview) but that wasn't really easy to guess since I havn't done it before
    The apartment is not rented in my name, I don't have a job and any school stuff is more than 3 months old.

You don't exist!! ;)
    I honestly wasn't sure what a bank statement was, I get all kinds of different statements from my bank online and offline all the time lol. Turns out what I need is called "ekonomisk översikt" in swedish (economical overview) but that wasn't really easy to guess since I havn't done it before

haha..fair enough...the only troubles (besides the whole graduating class of young ladies in short white skirt uniforms) I had in Sweden was when I was confusing the word "badrum"...I kept saying.."No..no more rum dammit" when the bartender kept saying "badrum"? Apparently I didn't look well...
    Then again..vodka and swedish meatballs for breakfast could have been considered trouble too..
  • I got a request for documentation like that when I cashed out, and promptly ignored it. About 2 weeks later, the money was in my account. If they didn't actually need it, why did they ask?
  • Lol I just got this 2 days ago too, and I flipped on them. Like every 4 months they ask me for it, it gets kind of annoying. Its never a problem when Im depositing but as soon as I cash out more then 2 times in a month they ask for it. How could it possibly be someone else. If it was they are still cashing out into the same bank account, mine! lol. I lost it on them asking how they lose my info so much, or if they are just lazy and dont take the time to look it up. I even stated that I have been to the pca with them, my Identity has been proven and to stop bothering me. They eventually told me they need the info because my address changed (housing at university). I sent them the stuff and told them to save it and not lose it, next time if they ask for it, give me a number where I can speak to someone so I dont have to go through this so ofter.