Official Blue Jays Discussion thread

Comments

• Good game to be at last night if you're the Mooses.

Big win for Happ's 20th and almost caught Edwin's Home Run.

Good times.
  • IMG_0090.jpgIMG_0088.jpg

It was a sweet game and just what the Jays needed! Here is a couple of screen shots of the Moose's in the outfield!
  • Having an awesome time.

77654cf97b0b9096978eac66d352759c.jpg

Edwin's homer.

c0dbd48b72d918c4115f4b7b30fa6820.jpg

The beer rocks.

605805b3523646f8763734d99f10f1ba.jpg

This is how close our Airbnb is to the stadium

563a67d1b69d55bef6b41b4c0ae652cc.jpg

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk
  • moose wrote: »
    Some people believe.

I just sold a pair of World Series game 2 tickets sec 535 for $650 USD on stubhub. :D

Now I am really hoping they make it.

So how does that work on stubhub with games that may not take place? Do they Escrow the money and tickets?
  • No money transfers until the tickets are uploaded.
  • Thanks. Looking at tix to the WC game since it looks like we may host it.

I can get first row field level in dead centre field (my favourite place to sit) for about $220 a seat. One game, winner take all would be a great game to be at.
  • Orly? So you believe now? Btw dead centre they cover the seats for the batters eye, so wtf?

Prices will drop dramatically if you wait until the day of game.
  • Who's Orly?

It's not about believing, it's about taking in a cool experience.

True, I did think they were done a week ago, but they've been playing better lately, so there's room for optimism. And it's not like I wanted them to tank, but I did fear it. I still watched almost every game.

Back to the seats, you really they'd go that much cheaper? I'd have thought they'd be way more or not available at all.

BTW, it's sections 101-102, which is about as straight away as it gets at field level.
  • The people who actually can't go will be dumping them close to face.

When I sold my WS tickets, I listed them at $25 cheaper than the cheapest available at the time @$325, cheapest avail today is down to $297 already.
  • So likely Stroman starting the wild card game on Tuesday?
  • One would think.

More interesting question would be what's the rotation lineup for the DS? Do you pitch Ol' Sanchey in game 2 on Friday, or game 3 on Sunday?
  • compuease wrote: »
    So likely Stroman starting the wild card game on Tuesday?

My vote goes to Francisco Liriano

Prophet22
  • Need a lefty against the Orioles.

@carddead stubhub sec 139 $90. Act fast.
    Need a lefty against the Orioles.
    Well that would mean Lariano then... Happ would only be on 2 days rest. Would you really pitch your 5th starter in an elimination game even if he is a lefty?
    You could say you need a lefty against most teams couldn't you?
    I think you go Stroman Tuesday, then Estrada or Happ on Thursday, Sanchez Friday and then Estrada or Happ Sunday, Stroman Monday. Lariano out of the bullpen...
  • Good thing is, this year, every Jays starter has post season experience now.
    Good thing is, this year, every Jays starter has post season experience now.

Pitching will not be the downfall of this team. If the Jays hit with and regularity they win it all. The problem is we have never hit consistently over a long period of time.

Prophet22
  • If Pat Borders can be WS mvp then hitting consistently over a long period is not what is needed in a short post season.
  • Pretty sure The Yankees and Orioles would love to swap rotations with the Jays if they could. Rays and Sox not so much however Jays offence is much stronger. And they can still pull off a trade at the deadline if needed.

If I were setting percentages I would give the rotation the following outcomes for the AL only
    awesome (top 5) 25%
    average (middle 5) 60%
    terrible (bottom 5) 15%

Thing is with the Jays offence and defence even average should mean a playoff berth which is why I like their chances in 2016!

Stg nailed it. Best rotation in the AL.
  • I think they go with Stroman to start the wild card on normal rest. Liriano will be the first one out of the pen at the first sign of trouble.

Time for the young gun to take the next step! Go Jays!

If they win then it looks to me like Estrada and Happ in Texas then Sanchez gets game 3 at home! That is what I would do and I think that lines up with what Gibby talked about earlier.
  • I think they go with Stroman to start the wild card on normal rest.

Have you seen Stroman's numbers versus the Orioles this year?

Marcus Stroman Batter vs Pitching Stats - ESPN
    If Pat Borders can be WS mvp then hitting consistently over a long period is not what is needed in a short post season.

The World Series ends in November this year. I would call that a long period. We may not be playing every day but it is still 30 days of playoffs.

Prophet22
  • Starters just announced. Stroman vs Tillman.
    12 wins
    Countdown clock started:
  • I am so looking forward to going to tonight's game ! The atmosphere is going to be amazing.

Go Jays Go !
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    I am so looking forward to going to tonight's game ! The atmosphere is going to be amazing.

Go Jays Go !

Are you going to be there?
  • Anyone have any reliable streams for the game that you can post please.
    Thanks!
  • Anyone have any reliable streams for the game that you can post please.
    Thanks!

goATDee.Net - Watch Free Live Sports TV

i have ad blockers set up.

Prophet22
  • You gotta be fuckin kidding me!

How do you not score a leadoff double in the bottom of the ninth in a tie game!

Bunch of fuckin pantloads.
  • lol, well Gibby pulled the right strings tonight. Sure hope Osuna's ok.