Options

25 nl skill check

6max.....should i be able to beat this or is the competition decent at this level. cause ive been sorta studyin it expecting to just go steadily up but really im getting slaughtered...maybe.....i feel like i can do better than even in midstakes mtts but toss money at 6 max

???

Comments

• I think you have to define what you consider beating nl25?

Are you looking at a specific win rate or profit?

Are you adequately rolled?

What books/videos have you been watching?

How have you been losing? Post some hands and let's take a look.
  • I think you have to define what you consider beating nl25?
    ah good ol blackmagicz.....

Are you looking at a specific win rate or profit?
    yes profit would be nice
    Are you adequately rolled?
    yes i have many reloads available.....:confused:
    What books/videos have you been watching?
    pretty much all of them, i will get through aejones diary soon and some of improvas videos....read baluga whales book many times etc. but i wonder if its over the 25l level. they all say they will help you beat 100nl but i wonder if the competition is stiffer at 25nl than it was a couple years ago...

How have you been losing? Post some hands and let's take a look.
    not sure what hands to post is the thing. i might take another go at it, dig in a little since i read alot but hadn't played it much before i did my studies on it....maybe have to re read now that i have more experience at it......

appreciate the help would be nice to find some overall concepts im screwin up.....:mad:
  • just play tournaments. thats where all the dead money is.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    just play tournaments. thats where all the dead money is.

AGREED, cash games are for suckers. play PLO if your gonna play cash games :P
  • darbday wrote: »

yes profit would be nice

pretty much all of them, i will get through aejones diary soon and some of improvas videos....read baluga whales book many times etc. but i wonder if its over the 25l level. they all say they will help you beat 100nl but i wonder if the competition is stiffer at 25nl than it was a couple years ago...

not sure what hands to post is the thing. i might take another go at it, dig in a little since i read alot but hadn't played it much before i did my studies on it....maybe have to re read now that i have more experience at it......

appreciate the help would be nice to find some overall concepts im screwin up.....:mad:

I like aejones and baluga's books.

They are both awesome.

But they are totally wrong for 25NL.
    Way too advanced.

You're doing magic tricks to a dog. It wastes time and annoys the dog.

aejones is for nose bleed stakes.

To beat the micros you don't need to worry about balancing your range or playing unexploitably.

Are you using a HUD?
  • I like aejones and baluga's books.

They are both awesome.

But they are totally wrong for 25NL.
    Way too advanced.

You're doing magic tricks to a dog. It wastes time and annoys the dog.

aejones is for nose bleed stakes.

To beat the micros you don't need to worry about balancing your range or playing unexploitably.

Are you using a HUD?

ya thats what i thought but im not being too complex i think, just never gaining, i feel like i must out class the low limit players but im not winning the monies. i may be over thinking it but i feel like i lose more if i play stupider. i have a few more learning tricks up my sleeve and then ill be stuck. maybe i need to move up to nosebleeds then....

and yes im using a hud but honestly i haven't zoned in on the standards for each stat like i know tourney play...
    wait a minute...your not just saying that cause your a tourney player.....???
  • AGREED, cash games are for suckers. play PLO if your gonna play cash games :P
    i prefer REAL poker ....
    wait a minute...your not just saying that cause your a tourney player.....???

Partly. I just dont think random fish deposit online to grind cash games. I think they deposit to bink a big/med score.

Im likely wrong tho.

Im likely wrong tho.
    partly....because aejones would likely have a huge winrate at 25nl over a large sample, uh i assume right??? or whomever ever. and also how can i beat 50 nl if i can't beat 25nl.....but lastly how can i win mtts if i can't beat micro stakes poker......:-[

was trying to post our allin pre with j8s and 44 or something playin cash but i messed up my pt3 trying to do it....
  • One thing that I see good players do against donkeys is to try to bully them off hands. This spews money to the donkeys. Often you see good players 3 barrel a donkey who won't fold his 3rd pair.
  • One thing that I see good players do against donkeys is to try to bully them off hands. This spews money to the donkeys. Often you see good players 3 barrel a donkey who won't fold his 3rd pair.

thats why you keep waiting until you get a set....they pay you off constantly!!

Those are good players? Our definitions must be different... :D

yes profit would be nice

A simple TAG strategy should be sufficient then playing NL25 to profit. Play a lot of position and make sure you are able to release hands when you get resistance. A lot of the players at NL25 play an ABC poker game with a bit of a mix, I find if you bet your hand accordingly and don't call a lot of re-raises on the river chances are you will have a decent win rate at this level. Post some hand histories where you thought you made some errors and we can see where your leaks are.....

Wetts1012 wrote: »

Very true as well, playing the 11-27 dollar tournies on Stars etc, you may find yourself binking a nice score, even the SNGs can be profitable.
    AGREED, cash games are for suckers. play PLO if your gonna play cash games :P

PLO ROCKS....I suggest PLO to help with hand reading and understanding betting, I found after playing PLO for the last 6 months hold em is a cake walk. Also anything under 1/2 PLO is pretty straight forward and extremely easy. Just brush up on a couple of PLO concepts.

Once again play within your limit and the avg player should be able to beat NL100 and under with enough info.

• Once again play within your limit and the avg player should be able to beat NL100 and under with enough info.
    see there is a giant disconnect here....you are playing these levels online though right?

I will play a little more and back with questions and hands....thx Blacky!
    see there is a giant disconnect here....you are playing these levels online though right?

I will play a little more and back with questions and hands....thx Blacky!

Yeah I have played these levels just post some hands and give your thoughts on the hand and I think there are enough players on here to give analysis.
  • Yeah I have played these levels just post some hands and give your thoughts on the hand and I think there are enough players on here to give analysis.
    kk
  • A lot of the players at NL25 play an ABC poker game

I've had success with the 6player NL5dollar SnGs, playing ABC poker. I've found that my win rate depends on the speed of the game, seems like the good players hang out at the regular speed and the rookies at the turbo and hyper. The hyper tables have been the most profitable, the players there seem very impatient and push too often. I imagine it's similar up there at 25.
  • just a little update....

i found out all of my positions are profitable except i was losing giant amount from my blind. more than i should be.....leak tightened..

the other thing was something i knew was going on but i couldn't figure out exactly what.....my vpip and pfr were very standard...but something was still off, my post flop play destroys the general feild but i was still losing....turns out i was too lose from ep and too tight from lp.....so my vpip was correct overall but not good in respect to position .....i must play more with my new ranges then i will maybe come back with some hh's
    just a little update....

i found out all of my positions are profitable except i was losing giant amount from my blind. more than i should be.....leak tightened..

the other thing was something i knew was going on but i couldn't figure out exactly what.....my vpip and pfr were very standard...but something was still off, my post flop play destroys the general feild but i was still losing....turns out i was too lose from ep and too tight from lp.....so my vpip was correct overall but not good in respect to position .....i must play more with my new ranges then i will maybe come back with some hh's

I'm really tight utg and and really loose on the button.

What's your starting hands selection preflop UTG at 6 max?

I use ATs+, AJo+, QJo+, KJo+ and pairs.

If you're having trouble you can play much tighter UTG,
    AJso+, KQs, pairs. (As you gain experience you will want to widen this range.)

On the button I open raise 40% of my hands

65o, 95s+, 85s+
  • I'm really tight utg and and really loose on the button.

those offsuit broadways are dangerous utg i think, and i wasn't even playing them, but i was playing hands like 97s, k4s, 65s.....so ya i tightened up to your 2nd range their i seem to have more grasp of the general game flow.....

i played 1200 hands last night might post my top 10 losing hands....was down 1 buyin by the end...
  • I'm really tight utg and and really loose on the button.

On the button I open raise 40% of my hands

65o, 95s+, 85s+
    darbday wrote: »
    those offsuit broadways are dangerous utg i think, and i wasn't even playing them, but i was playing hands like 97s, k4s, 65s.....so ya i tightened up to your 2nd range their i seem to have more grasp of the general game flow.....

i played 1200 hands last night might post my top 10 losing hands....was down 1 buyin by the end...

Yes, I agree those offsuit broadways are *dangerous* You have to be ready to pitch them. You don't lose much by playing the tighter range I suggested.

I'll post a bunch of hands too.