The 7 types of poker players.

A guy I play with was talking about the 7 types of players the other day.. I heard a few of them before you know like a Shark, Rock, Mouse, Maniac... but a couple others I've never heard of.. and two groups.. Solids and something else.

I've also heard some people say there are more then 7.

What do you go by? and what type of player would you say you are (expects everyone to say Shark.)

Comments

• Only really 3 types:

Winners
    Losers
    Delusional

Pretty sure I'm #3 :D
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Only really 3 types:

Winners
    Losers
    Delusional

Meh.

There are those who run good.

And those who run bad.
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Only really 3 types:

Winners
    Losers
    Delusional

Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Meh.

And those who run bad.

So much truth in both of these answers....
  • I prefer this quote: 90% of all poker players think they are better than the other 90%.

I say this as someone firmly in the other 90%
  • theres a book called blink by malcolm gladwell (or something like that) that talks about this in an everyday sense. our minds seem to be able to distinguish between seven things best, whethers its a music scale where a whole ocatve spans seven different notes, or colors, or whatever.

7 is likely good then i think. And there is no number and no perfect categories i think. Its just a way of looking at it and you might want to consider many diffent ways.

I know in phil helmuths book he talks about elephants, mice, jackals, and eagle or something like that. his book seems really novice and most would pass it by but i think that was great information and insight from his game he shared because i learned what he said above.

i couldn't say im a shark but i am able to pick up on the bottom 2 or three at the table pretty good now (other than me)
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Meh.

And those who run bad.

dammit, I was going to do a is wetts busto thread?:D where have you been?:)
  • I'm just a Donkey.
  • lets just go with, i need to learn the game
  • I'm just a Donkey.
    poty