*New Poker Movie* World Premiere Tonight!

Trailer & Summary - features our very own Canadian Daniel N. (KidPoker)
Hot Docs | Film : Title : Grinders

looks like it has potential, anyone going to see this?

Comments

• I was in this. So was Steve.
  • Also,

The main guy in the film I was 3 handed with at the final table at COPC last year.

His name is Dan Kalpakis from Ajax.
  • Shouldn't your friends here at PFC get a private screening?
  • "I'll take AK suited over a blonde any day"? Okay . . . he's gay.
  • funny, I play with most of these guys weekly and never heard a thing about this flick. Always thought a flick about the underground poker scene in Toronto would be cool but figured the club owners would frown upon it.
  • Grinders: Trailer

I met the producer at Fallsview 2 weeks ago. He seemed a pretty neat guy.

I plan on going to see this movie. If the movie is as good as the trailer it should be great.
  • Yes I will see the movie - Danny is a friend, very good player.
  • Yes, Danny is a really great player! Small world. I'm going to see the flick at the Light Box on Saturday.
  • I saw this movie online. Danny is by far the best of the underground grinders portrayed, but sadly, they all have huge poker and lifestyle leaks. :'(
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I saw this movie online. Danny is by far the best of the underground grinders portrayed, but sadly, they all have huge poker and lifestyle leaks. :'(

Link to onlinewatchability?
  • Give it a few days . . . this isn't Transformers.
  • I watched it @ Grinders - Journeyman VOD but access has since been cut off from Canada and US. According to Grinders: Screenings,
    "Broadcast premiere in Canada on TVO, Knowledge Network, SCN, Access and Canal D in the Fall/ Winter of 2011. Exact dates TBA."
    Wetts1012 wrote: »
    Link to onlinewatchability?
  • tried to d/l off of vuze, no go anywhere that i could find this movie??
  • From the film's website

"Broadcast premiere in Canada on TVO, Knowledge Network, SCN, Access and Canal D in the Fall/ Winter of 2011. Exact dates TBA."
  • seen it online... didn't like it that much :S
  • A friend linked me to the trailer. My first thought was that it looked like an unfortunate portrayal of poker players. I have played with Andre before and can name dozens of Toronto players I would rather watch as characters in this movie ... I also feel the 'underground' scene is a brutal setting, the games are illegal and often populated/run by shady people. Im hoping people I know dont see this on tv and talk to me about it
  • Wednesday, November 2, 2011 @ 9:00PM (World broadcast premiere)
    TVO in Ontario, Canada

Wednesday, December 2, 2011 @ 12:00 midnight
    TVO in Ontario, Canada

Sunday, November 6, 2011 @ 11:00PM
    TVO in Ontario, Canada

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 @ 10:00PM
    Knowledge Network in British Columbia, Canada

Grinders: Screenings
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    I watched it @ Grinders - Journeyman VOD but access has since been cut off from Canada and US. According to Grinders: Screenings,

Link seems to be working. 1 pound to rent, must be UK site?
  • TVO Doc Studio app for IPad and IPhone has it. Watched it yesterday and I wish I was in Toronto playing in those card rooms, looked very real grinderesc.
  • Grinders airs on TVO

Wednesday November 2nd at 9 PM and Midnight
    Sunday November 6th at 11 PM