Study group preperation

So let's try this. At the very beginning now I want people who are confident in their game and feel like they have something to contribute in discussion, maybe 4-5 players would be a good number to try this with. So if you're interested post in this thread, and if we get too many interested players we'll just divide up into groups of 4-5 for now so that's not a problem.

Now then, what I want you to do is the following:

(1. post in this thread)
1. download universal replayer
2. Learn to use it ^^'
3. Play 3-5 10 dollar mtt's on your site of choice that supports this software
4. Pick one of them that you find (the most) interesting and send it to call01@hotmail.com
5. Agree upon a time and get together in a skype or msn chatroom and look over the replays of the "group" and talk about hands and concepts

I think 10 dollar mtt's are a good small start, they're sort of bread and butter games that requires solid poker to get good results in due to the unpredictability of your opponents. I'll send out a .rar file with all the replays to all players involved before we meet up in chat

Comments

• I think this is a wonderful idea.

I almost never play tournaments, only cash games. I'd be interested in this if there was interest in cash games.
  • Great idea, Am definitely interested in participating.

How big does the MTT field need to be ? Will 45man SNGs suffice or should it be 180+ players.
  • in...i have the western can champs this weekend for four days but ill grind wed, and can chat it up mon/tues, maybe on night will im in edmonton, and i have much time for this after that...
  • djgolfcan wrote: »
    Great idea, Am definitely interested in participating.

How big does the MTT field need to be ? Will 45man SNGs suffice or should it be 180+ players.

I think bigger fields makes for more hands to talk about as well as deeper starting stacks. you can play what you want though, as long as you pick from no more than 5 games and the buyin is right. non turbo is preferred but that's also up to you
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I think bigger fields makes for more hands to talk about as well as deeper starting stacks. you can play what you want though, as long as you pick from no more than 5 games and the buyin is right. non turbo is preferred but that's also up to you
    lol...my thought are if were doing mtt 180 and up is fine. 180 mans are great because there aren't as intensive to discuss but they incorporate the same elements...more so then 45 man or less....

turbos...however...make....zero.....difference.....???
  • Definitely in for this. I will prob not have the time to get in 5 mtts until the weekend though. If needed sooner, I can go through my db and pick a few out. Will need to learn how to skype or w/e though.
  • reibs wrote: »
    Will need to learn how to skype or w/e though.
    seems part of the benefits of a study group is we're about to.
  • Boom: msmtt - Tinychat

omg, mind = blown
  • I think this is a wonderful idea.

I almost never play tournaments, only cash games. I'd be interested in this if there was interest in cash games.

I might be interested in cash games. I usually play $0.25/$0.50 online NLH. With Poker Rankings & Stats | PokerTableRatings.com, its easy enough to sign up for a free membership and then replay each others online cash sessions. Then we can critique each others hands on our own time. Probably good to limit it to a certain number of hands in the sample. What do you think?
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    I might be interested in cash games. I usually play $0.25/$0.50 online NLH. With Poker Rankings & Stats | PokerTableRatings.com, its easy enough to sign up for a free membership and then replay each others online cash sessions. Then we can critique each others hands on our own time. Probably good to limit it to a certain number of hands in the sample. What do you think?

I think you should get your own thread, lol.
    id do cash games :-\

just a subset of OP. Some of us don't play SNGs, etc. Thanks for getting this started in any case.

I think this is a great idea.

I've been playing rush recently, but I could put in a .25/.50 non rush session

PM me
  • I think this is a great idea.

I've been playing rush recently, but I could put in a .25/.50 non rush session

PM me

How many hands do you think would be a good sample size? I think non-rush would be preferred as IMO rush plays a lot differently. Do you think the level of play is a lot different between $25NL and $100NL if others are interested at different limits?
    How many hands do you think would be a good sample size? I think non-rush would be preferred as IMO rush plays a lot differently. Do you think the level of play is a lot different between $25NL and $100NL if others are interested at different limits?

Most hands are uninteresting. Why not just select the two most interesting from a session.

I mainly play the 50NL so I can't tell you how the 25 and 100NL play. My guess is they are rather different.
  • hmmmm, this is a interesting idea.:)
  • i can do whatever just need a little guidance...........:biggrin2:
  • I like to be part of it.
  • Turbo does matter a bit, it'll lead to less hands and many obvious shove spots. Also, there's a reason why I want people to pick from only 5 random games and that's because we're not looking for games where people play perfectly, we're looking to help correct some everyday mistakes that we make and it'll be harder to pick a good one from a 5 HH turbo pack than a 5 HH non turbo pack.

I'll give everyone seven days to send the hand histories to me, that should be enough time to play out the games and learn to play around with HH files. If you for some reason can't make it in time, don't worry, this will hopefully not be a one time thing
  • Good idea. I'll participate.
  • Best thing for you guys to do imo is just set up a skype chat group and not limit the amount of players that can participate. That way, there is a better chance of a few people being online at any given time. You can use skype to share your screen and do live sweat sessions and you can also paste hh's for review into skype chat.
  • having some issues getting my handhistory files hmmmmmmmmmm?:biggrin2:It is automatically saved to my computer or do i have to save something?Yes im new lol.
  • proffisher wrote: »
    having some issues getting my handhistory files hmmmmmmmmmm?:biggrin2:It is automatically saved to my computer or do i have to save something?Yes im new lol.
    yes you have to go into your poker site options and set it to save to a folder then youll know which folder theyre in too

im ready for this soon
  • Well if you need any standard push hands or how to play AQ off, I got a few from the game I just played:wink2:.

2 months off and 1st game back and a cash:), only a min cash which I am a lil bummed out about, but I won some flips and was just trying out the new stars sit n go structure so meh I will take it,lol
  • I still can't get this going since no one has been interested enough to send me any HH's yet ^^'
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    I still can't get this going since no one has been interested enough to send me any HH's yet ^^'

I sent in one... a week ago or so I think... :confused:
  • I must've missed it, sorry about that. Which adress did you send it from?
  • I'll send you one Richard