First trip to vegas

this is gonna be my first trip to vegas for my 21 bday (went when i was 12 doesnt count) I was wondering where i can go to play some limit holdem? And any other suggestions for good eats and bars and stuff? And advice is apreciated

Comments

• your 21 and in vegas, get a stripper and let her play some texas ...

umm nevermind,

do a search on vegas in the foum you'll find a bunch of threads about people's trips and writeups on the rooms
  • get a stripper...think my gf might freak but maybe shed be into it? lol
  • I was down there in November and there was plenty of places to play. The best is probably Mirage, lots of 3-6 hold em. I also played at the Sands and the Sahara. You can get a list of tournaments from homepokergames.com , there are alot of them. And remember to not drink to much at the tables, it is kind of hard not to when the drinks are free. Also remember to tip your dealers and waitresses. Later
  • Try lasvegasadvisor.com, lots of info and links to everything in Vegas. The free part of their forum has a lot of info as well. Played at Luxor when I was there back in May, good poker room but smaller, I"ve heard a lot more poker rooms have opened since then.
  • I was also in Vegas in November. Played low-limit at a number of places.

Bellagio 4-8
    Golden Nugget 4-8
    Mirage 3-6
    Luxor 2-4
    Binions 2-4
    Excalibur 2 to 6 spread limit
    Aladin 2-4

Places we dropped by the poker room but didn't play at:
    Mandalay Bay
    Monte Carlo

Bellagio 4-8 was definitely the best game. Lots of tourists, very loose-passive and 4-8 is their lowest limit so that is where all the newbies were. Also get to see some of the pros playing. When i was there I saw Gus Hanson, Paul Phillips, Carlos Mortenson, TJ Cloutier and a few others. Mirage also had very good game.
  • gotta love it. im turning 21 in march, and also havent been to vegas since i was like 10 years old, but im probably going to hit up vegas next xmas. im march im probably going to hit up atlantic city or might venutre out to foxwoods. anyone played in atlantic city? is there anything there besides the taj, borgota, the worst slums on the eastern seaboard? thanks