How To Win The World Series Of Poker

A new article has been added to my website.

How To Play And Win The World Series of Poker
http://www.play-the-game-of-poker.com/world-series-of-poker-how-to-win.html

Check it out and let me know what you think of it.

Any suggestions on how to improve it?

How To Win At Texas Holdem

http://www.play-the-game-of-poker.com

Dave

Comments

• I've read your articles and I play both limit/ no-limit hold'em. Let's see if I can utilize your strategies and win some money... lol.. but at this time, I guess I need to accumulate more experience and try to memorize the steps/ points you offer.

Sorry, Scotty Z, I did not see this as a really "off-topic reply". Just thought I'd ask Dave directly here since he's got his own website offering tips and he's had 20+years of experience (not to underestimate all the other members' experiences). Do you NOT feel the same MIKE?!

I do apologize. :P
  • I've read your articles and I play both limit/ no-limit hold'em. Let's see if I can utilize your strategies and win some money... lol..

By the way, I'd like to know what you would do in a following situation in a no-limit hold'em play by play:

you are dealt 2 suited cards Q, J (c)
    3 folds; no other players bet or raise before the flop;
    you call to play --> would you bet, rather?
    flop comes: 5(h), K(c), 10(c)
    one checks, one bets.
    you raise --> would you just call? or would you go all-in?
    both of other players call
    turn comes: 7 (s)
    one bets (almost 1/2 of your total chips)
    you go all-in --> would you just call or try to bluff him out?
    the other calls

and the rest is HISTORY!

I'd like to know if I've done the right thing or was I just too aggressive and made the wrong call. Thx.
    With great trepidation I point out..."This is OFF-TOPIC" -- Scotty... Scotty!!!
  • Hey Dave,

Thanks for sharing this with me. I had a look. For sure doing all those things will improve your chances. Very much common sense type stuff.

Like any other area, there are those with loads of natural talent who can excel with no effort but can blow it if they get carried away. There are those with some talent that can excel with consistent hard work. And the vast majority just don't have a chance. I hope like hell I'm in the second category and not the third! Poker differs from sports or business because literally anyone can play and anyone can win a given hand. Even a complete dork can get lucky and win WSOP on occasion. :tongue: Like sports or business, 95-99% of the people who play poker will never make it to the top. That's ok because they can still have fun playing.

It's a bit simplistic and if anyone thinks an article or book can make them the next champ, they've been going a bit heavy on the ginseng and listening to too much Tony Robbins. But the steps you have outlined definitely will help those who are serious about winning. Taken to the extreme, it kind of reminds me of the Steve Martin routine where he says "You Can Have One Million Dollars and NEVER Pay Taxes". There are 2 easy steps. First you get a million dollars. Then, when the taxman asks you why you haven't paid taxes, you say, "I forgot". I hope you get the gist of what I'm saying.

I like your site. There is a lot of information that members here could find useful. It does seem like a bit of a front for Party poker so I'm glad this thread is in the advertising forum. I'm not knocking you. Beginners and intermediates need this kind of info and you gotta get paid.
  • Hey pkrfce9,

Thank you for your comments.

The article I wrote, "How To Play And Win The World Series Of Poker"
    was not written for seasoned poker players like the people who
    hang out at poker forums like this one.

I plan on having this article published on popular general interest websites
    to drum up business for my website, and to help keep the recent poker
    craze alive.

It was written for the masses, people who may have seen a few of the big
    tourney's on TV and are thinking about getting in on the action.

I just wanted to run it by some real poker players to see what you think.

I even dropped a few famous players names into the article to again,
    appeal to the masses.

Thank's again for your kind, and constructive comments about my website.

Dave