Royal Cup X Postponed!!!!!!

I am really sorry but I have just found out that the Milton location is out for May 7th. Apparently there is an electrical problem in the building that is going to require some extensive electrical renovations which are going to be done during the 1st half of May.
We have 2 options, find another location OR reschedule to Apr 30th or May 21st. Any ideas/opinions/thoughts?

*** Edit *** Postponed until the fall..

Comments

• Just my opinion, but wouldn't rescheduling be easier than locating a new venue? I am good either way, so it is not really a major concern either way, just thinking of the organizers . . .
  • Just as an update we need to make a quick decision on this as I can't hold the possible Apr 30th and May 21st dates for long...
  • No problem with either of those dates. Or a different location, but that does seem like more work.

/g2
  • Is the Westside venue available for May 7th?

If not reschedule.
  • I set up a Jays Game for the weekend of my birthday on May 21st (everyone is welcome to come btw). I already have people who would be attending the Royal coming so would definitely vote for April 30th.
  • I would vote for location change simply because I can't make April 30th and I'm assuming May 21st is the long weekend.

Selfish but honest.
  • I'd prefer April 30 too, and I'm sure we can swap people if others on the team aren't available.

-Darren
  • May 7 was out for me but both other dates work right now.
  • Looks like it's leaning towards Apr 30th but I would really like to hear from the Captains. Please poll your members asap. I have to make a decision real soon and want this to be a democracy not a benevolent dictatorship...
  • what about June 4th?
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    what about June 4th?

Trouble is if we leave it that late aren't we running into a few that will at WSOP?
  • I just need to know the date decided on. I'll arrange things on my end to make it fit. I"m still confident MOST of the team can handle whatever date you decide on.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I just need to know the date decided on. I'll arrange things on my end to make it fit. I"m still confident MOST of the team can handle whatever date you decide on.

Thanks AJ, appreciate it, now can MOST of your team even HOPE to handle the Rocks and their superstar lineup?
  • compuease wrote: »
    Thanks AJ, appreciate it, now can MOST of your team even HOPE to handle the Rocks and their superstar lineup?

Since MOST of my team is HALF the age of the Rocks, we need only stay awake to compete
  • compuease wrote: »
    Trouble is if we leave it that late aren't we running into a few that will at WSOP?

Looking at The WSOP Schedule the best time to go is June 17th to 26th.

There is like 2 $1000 events, 3 $1500 events, and a $2500 event, and the seniors event falls into that time frame so you rocks won't miss that.

IMO that is the best time to go to The WSOP, unless you are playing in the Main Event which starts July 7th
  • I am happy with the date change, because as it turns out, I couldn't make the 7th. I vote for the 30th. I think the long weekend is a bad idea for most people although it makes no difference for me personally.
  • Sending a message to everyone right now. The only one who might have a problem with the change is Dennis. I am okay with it though.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Sending a message to everyone right now. The only one who might have a problem with the change is Dennis. I am okay with it though.

Yeh I was worried about Dennis as well, hope he hasn't booked yet. Nothing I can do though. Nor can I wait for ev1...
  • April 30th will be out for some players now, as Seneca is holding deepstack events that weekend.

And the long weekend on May 21 probably won't work for many either.

June 4th may be the best.

I will be going to Seneca, and long weekend is also out for me, But whatever, choose your date if I can't make it I can't it.
  • SteveKerr wrote: »
    April 30th will be out for some players now, as Seneca is holding deepstack events that weekend

I think the number will be very low. I won't play with that rake.
  • I edited my post.

Rake? what the 30%. that is nothing with the amount of buy ins I will have in the states from now until the end of the year with The WSOP, and my february trip to Vegas with Caesars and Venetian buy ins.
  • april 30 works better, i have no chance of fielding during the long weekend
  • Either one is ok for me.
  • Got a message back from Dennis and the 30th is okay. I am sure it will be for the rest. I am still looking for 2 more.
  • HBK says April 30

Mark
  • I haven't heard back from any captain that Apr 30th is out so that's the way I'm leaning at the moment. Still a couple of captains to hear from though.
  • Jeff, I think you should just set the date that best fits and let the capt's work the team details. I'd book it now while you can rather than wait and possibly lose the date altogether.

Ching Hill will be there on whatever date in one way, shape, or form.
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    HBK says April 30

Mark

Did you talk to Trevor? I believe neither of them can make it on the 30th.
  • I cannot make the 30th or 21st, so sorry HVEE but I am out..
  • Not sure if I've made this clear, but the 30th works and is my preference in any case.
This discussion has been closed.