Oh boys . . .

President's Day Sale

Just in case anyone wants a few more PCAs, like me. :D

Comments

• Thanks Milo,

Just ordered a bunch of .50, $1's and $5's =)
  • If you ordered primaries, be prepared for a LOT of cleaning. The ones I have seen looked like they were stored in mud. And no, I am not kidding. Secondaries will be mint condition.

So, what was the break-down?
  • Ordered Primaries

100x .50
    200x $1
    200x $5
    20 x $25

Well thanks for the buzz kill about the cleaning lol. Oh well, will give me something to do :) Thanks again for the link.
  • Relax . . . it takes effort, but it's worth it. Secondary $1.00 chip, though . . .

I picked up some of the Secondary $5.00 chips (which were "sold out" until yesterday, afaik), some of the primary $25.00's, and the primary hundos (that is a sweet chip when you clean it up.

Good luck with your set.
  • Looks like he just added some New Primary ones, bit too late. Oh well.

What did you order Milo?

Edit: Nvm I see now
  • Hello Brian,

Your package from The Chip Room LLC is on its way. You can track it online using this tracking number.

U.S. Postal Service: CQ347074300US
  • Week to 10 days if you're in the GTA . . .
  • BrianS wrote: »
    Well thanks for the buzz kill about the cleaning lol. Oh well, will give me something to do :)

Warm water
    1tsp TSP
    soak for 20min, stir occasionally
    rinse in clean cool water
    old toothbrush rubdown for those impressions
    dry on towel or ShamWOW (works best I found)
    oil edges with mineral oil LIGHTLY

After a month or so of constant cleaning, your chips will look great...for primaries anyway.

When they arrive, don't be disgusted with how they look. They'll be grimy as hell, but clean up quite well.
  • Thanks Str8

What is TSP? 1tsp TSP??
  • Trisodium Phosphate. Some chip nuts also swear by Resolve, but I have no experience.

1 tablespoon of TSP in a couple litres of warm water.

Do NOT use TSP on Hot-stamped chips.
  • Got it, thanks again!
  • No problem. Call your financial institution now, though . . . you'll want an increase to your credit limit . . . :)

We are such enablers, here. :D
  • This can't possibly be right can it? That seems wayy to quick.

Label/Receipt Number: CQ34 7074 300U S
    Expected Delivery Date: February 25, 2011
    Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
    Service(s): International Parcels

Your item left the United States from ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) at 12:08 am on February 24, 2011. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.giftc_tab.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Enter Label/Receipt Number.spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Enter Label / Receipt Number.
    spacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gifspacer.gif Detailed Results:
    spacer.gifspacer.gifbullet_circle.gifInternational Dispatch, February 24, 2011, 12:08 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS)bullet_circle.gifArrivalbullet_circle.gifAcceptance, February 22, 2011, 5:40 pm, MILFORD, MI 48381bullet_circle.gifElectronic Shipping Info Received, February 22, 2011
  • It isn't over yet. Just getting started. Once its here, though you may actually have to wait for customs to get off their asses and process it, this alone can take as little as a day or two...or as long as six weeks, depending entirely on your luck factor.

I would say you should see your chips by next Wed or Thursday though.
  • Ya I originally presumed end of next week as well. I was just thrown off by that 'Expected Date of Delivery Feb 25'

That must be the date to customs.

I'm soooo pumped up, words can barely express!

I'm soooo pumped up, words can barely express!

Just wait till you see how much cleaning is going to be needed. I'm sure you won't find it hard to find some words to express that at all.

Just to give you an idea, this is how I rec'd mine

012.jpg

Not to worry though...after hours and hours and hours and hours of cleaning...they ain't so bad

016.jpg
  • Good grief that cant possibly just be finger gunk. Those literally must have rolled around in mud like you said earlier.

You did an awesome job cleaning them, they look lightyears better!

Maybe I should stick to buying secondaries in the future (Can't stop buying now!)
  • Couldn't guess what all of it was, but it came off, that was the good thing. Take your time with cleaning...do about 20 at a time, soak them well in the recipe I gave you earlier, let them dry, then give them a LITTLE bit of oil to make them shine. Primaries take more work, but they're still a very good chip, especially if you're going to be using them A LOT. I use mine every week, that's why I wanted primaries, they're already banged up a bit, so I don't mind if the crew puts them through a rough game or not.

Regardless, though, my primary Presidents are the first AND last primaries I will ever own.
  • A small container of TSP costs about $2 in the paint section at Home Depot and will last you forever. If you bring the chips I can give you a cleaning demo when you come over.

100_2345.JPG

scan0002.jpg
  • Thanks for the advice guys.

I will bring some over next week moose and take you up on that.
  • AJ is right, prolly Wednesday at the earliest. It's to the point now, I don't even bother to check once the stuff leaves the US. Canada Post is just so random . . .
    I'll be doing some cleaning myself, as I have some primaries on the way, as well as some $5.00 secondaries.
  • SHIP IT!!!

Your item cleared customs in CANADA at 12:30 pm on February 25, 2011. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
  • Another update. Looks like I should have them Monday.

2011/02/25 12:30 MISSISSAUGA Item Processed at postal facility.
  • Don't count on it, but good luck . . . means I should have mine around the same time.
  • Chips delivered this morning! Will see them when I get home from work :)
    Chips delivered this morning! Will see them when I get home from work :)

Don't forget to post pron for us!
  • Must be nice. Still waiting for my small box to arrive.
  • Will post when I get them all cleaned up :)

PS - How long do yall let the chips dry after soaking/scrubbing before oiling?
  • I left mine overnight, just to be sure. I dried them with a towel, and oiled them the next day.

Start doing the rolling edges first and, if you're paranoid about staining the inlay, go very light on the faces.
  • Ok.

some are in excellent condition, and some inlays are so grimy it looks permanently brown and require like 5 minutes to whiten :P

The $5 chips were the best out of all denoms, with the $1's being the worst and the .50's being so-so.