anyone gonna watch that new show tilt

looks kinda dumb to me but i might check out the first episode or two just wonderin if any one else is, the whole idea of scripted poker seems lame but who knows Alot of tv shows suck maybe it ill be somethin different

Comments

• i'll watch it if i can get it
  • Does anyone know if this will be aired in Canada? Legally I mean, I don't have DirecTV anymore.,
  • no chance of seeing it in canada, as no one has picked up the rights, although i imagine after the first season , if it's moderatley successful a canadian network will pick it up. ive heard some bad reviews of this though from various people, very cliched apparently. but michale madsen is in it, i love that guy! lol
    espn is havily promoting it though, i was in san fran a couple of weeks ago and it seemed as hough every other commercial on ESPN, ESPN2, and ESPN News was for TILT [insert lunge over table]
  • be watching it...at least at first, they ran a 1/2 hr show the other day about it, i'd rather HBO did it...then there'd be the profanity/nudity/violence that i need in my TV...and must exist somewhere in the Poker world.

D

p.s. that's a hint Tyson...only 2 things missing at the WPC, velvet rope outside...brass pole inside...
  • Here at school in st.catherines we get HBO and ESPN so I'll be able to get it. Although I cant' watch the season premier because I have a tournament, I'm gonna tivo that for sure though
  • watched the 2 first episodes...the first episode was okay, not as good as i thought it would be but then after seeing the first one and having my hopes come down a little i thought the second was a bit better and could maybe see some development comming in the next few episodes and will still give it a chance...its definately a certain type of show, either your gonna hate it, or your gonna love..imo...im still trying to figure out if i like it or hate it lol, i will keep watching and see how it goes, after all it was only 2 episodes... what did everyone else think?
  • I watched the first two and allthough it's a horrible representation of the poker world I was entertained, so that's what matters to me. There are some cheezy lines but I get a kick out of that.
    Touristy type fella sits at the table and the young gun stairs at him coldly and you hear him thinking "Tonight he doesn't know it, but he's my ATM" ........ :D
  • I agree with ol-stone-face...the show has been entertaining enough. (although a frontal shot of the daughter (she's over 21) would have improved the shows value.)

The poker they've show is about as realistic as Top Gun was to the Air Force and Days of Thunder was to Nascar, so, that shouldn't be a shock.

But, entertaining in the end.
  • check out species 3 for a 'frontal' of the daughter.... ;)
  • I found the first two episodes pretty entertaining. The first episode featured cameos by Negreanu and Cloutier. The show is about three "young guns" who try to take revenge on the #1 player in Vegas, the Matador, who previously emptied their bankrolls by cheating (collusion). Who risks their whole bankroll? Makes for good TV though.

Grab the episodes here www.tv-swarm.com (You need a bittorrent client)