Government-run online poker has begun

Anybody in Quebec played poker yet in the government-run espacejeux.com? See Loto-Québec launches espacejeux.com, which includes a funny ad with Oreo cookies ala Rounders.

■Rake seems to be competitive, e.g., 5% up to $3 for 2¢/4¢ to $25/$50
■Up to $20 cash bonus to play at table games
■Giant Launch Tournament with a total purse of $250,000 (registration free).
■The Espacejeux launch Bad Beat Jackpot is $100,000.

■Lucky hands:
■Each millionth hand (1 million, 2 million, etc. right up to 25 million), will offer $500 to be shared equally among players who were dealt cards at the start of the hand.
■Each hundred thousand hands (100,000, 200,000 etc. right up to 4,900,000) will offer $300 to be shared equally among players that were dealt cards at the start of the hand.

■Guaranteed Tournaments:
■Espacejeux will run daily Guaranteed Purse Tournaments, whatever the number of players
■There will be 5 Guaranteed Tournaments on weekdays, 6 on Saturday and 7 on Sunday
■A $50,000 Guaranteed Tournament will be run on the first Sunday of each month

■A free registration fee tournament for new members each week with $1,000 in prize money.
■Free registration fee cash tournaments open to all to learn poker risk-free with real money.
■Prizes for the best players of the week ($1, 000) and month ($7,500 divided among players on the Leaderboard).
■Sports event tournaments. Among available prizes, a first: five luxury evenings for two at the Jean Pascal Gala de Boxe on December 18, 2010.
■Québec Grand Championship of Poker in the spring of 2011.

BC is supposed to join the poker network soon, then the Atlantic provinces. Hopefully by the time Ontario joins in 2012, the government site will be as good as the so-called "illegal" sites. Software such as PT3 and HEM seems to be currently "prohibited since they are deemed to provide an unfair edge."

Comments

• www. canada poker.com/massive-250000-freeroll-on-espacejeux-a-success
    Massive $250,000 Freeroll on EspaceJeux a Success

It’s been a little more than two months now that Loto-Quebec made history by launching the first government regulated real-money online poker room in North America. Since the official launch on December 1st, more than 28,000 Quebec residents have created accounts on the Government site, Espacejeux.com.

Last night, EspaceJeux hosted a major event, their much anticipated Launch Poker freeroll valued at a remarkable $250,000. By online poker standards this surely qualifies as one of the largest freerolls ever held on the planet. In order to play in this tournament, a maximum of 1,500 players qualified via more than 550 available freeroll satellites running between December 1st and February 12th, making the tournament exclusive but at the same time creating super value for the players involved who earned their spots.
    :
    :
    All in all, this is a huge step for regulated online poker in Canada. With tournaments of this caliber, a Bad Beat Jackpot just shy of $300,000, a generously staffed and very courteous customer support team to ensure quick efficient response (CanadaPoker tested them) and player membership growing, EspaceJeux is demonstrating that they have what it takes to narrow the gap with other long established poker sites.
  • Shouldn't this be under online section?

Prophet :2h :2s
  • the Sunday $50k guaranteed tournament might be good.
  • Yes, please move to the Online section if possible. There doesn't seem to be any posters from Quebec, but this could be important to the online players of Ontario, BC and Atlantic Canada when the government poker network expands.
    Shouldn't this be under online section?
  • Can all of Canada play on this site or is it just open to residents of Quebec?
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Yes, please move to the Online section if possible.
    Done...
  • So based on previous threads on the subject, when can we expect the collective poker sky to fall on the province of Quebec? :sarcasm:
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    Yes, please move to the Online section if possible. There doesn't seem to be any posters from Quebec, but this could be important to the online players of Ontario, BC and Atlantic Canada when the government poker network expands.

BC - Playnow.com poker is actually open now. $100k freeroll in March.

PlayNow.com officially joins Canadian Poker Network — Canada Poker News
  • Yeah, got my email from Playnow just a few minutes ago outlining all the detail.. Claiming a 300k bbj already...lol
  • DennisG wrote: »
    Yeah, got my email from Playnow just a few minutes ago outlining all the detail.. Claiming a 300k bbj already...lol

for real? ???
  • for real? ???

true story.
  • Rake at 4nl is 10% :o
  • Waiting for an answer for about a month now and I guess I am not going to get it. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FTW lmao
  • They're provincially restricted at this point afaik, or else I'd be on them, lol.
  • Yep, it is provincial only right now. I don't see any reasons for the rest of the provinces not to follow suit in the near future...likely Ontario next. Alberta probably last..

Rake is not 10%.
    rake max
    Micro Limit Tables $0.10/$0.20 $0.01 every $0.20 $1.50
    Micro Limit Tables $0.25/$0.50 $0.05 every $1.00 $1.50
    Low Limit Tables $0.50/$1.00 - $1.00/$2.00 $0.25 every $5.00 $1.50
    Mid Limit Tables $2.00/$4.00 - $10.00/$20.00 $0.25 every $5.00 $3.00

The tourneys aren't great so far (not that big), but at least they are time zone oriented.
    Yep, it is provincial only right now. I don't see any reasons for the rest of the provinces not to follow suit in the near future...likely Ontario next. Alberta probably last..

Rake is not 10%.
    rake max

The tourneys aren't great so far (not that big), but at least they are time zone oriented.

How many players are online typically at peak hours?

Does anyone know if HUDs work? Are OPR, sharkscope, topshark, etc able to track these games?
  • I think I read on the PT3 forum the other day that someone sent the BCLC an email about this and they said that any software that provides one player an edge over another player would be prohibited.

However, (I believe) the MOD from the PT3 forum said that they were an accepted application. I'll try and look it up and post the response.

Ok, well that's standard. I can't find the post now. Anyhoo, I'd consider going to a forum specific to your particular application and asking before I'd try it.
  • hahaha...this is awesome!! I have been playing some tournies this afternoon, and been in this 10ra for 4 hours... I just got a pop up that says something like "you have been playing at our tables for 5 hours and 30 minutes and have lost a total of 51.00, would you like to continue playing? If you choose no, all of your tables will be closed."

Yeah, I want to quit and lose the money I have put up in this tourney now that we are on the money bubble...lmao.
  • reibs wrote: »
    How many players are online typically at peak hours?

Right now, 1827 players. BBJ at 375k. 6max 2/4nl bad beat table is the highest denom. that is full. there are several 1/2 tables full (10player)
  • Not sure were I read this but none of the Canadian sites are going to allow software that gives a player an edge over another player. This was about a month or so ago.
  • According to trusted online news sources, CBCNEWS and The Vancouver Sun, amongst others, Saskatchewan is most likely the next province to get on board the regulated provincial online gambling train.

With Quebec already well into full operations with its ESPACEJEUX site and British Columbia players grinding the felts of PLAYNOW, it seems to be more a matter of when, then if, other provinces will follow suit. Ontario is already well under way to launching its own provincial gambling site and could be live and taking rake as early as next year.
    Sask. eyes online gaming action - CBC News
    canada poker.com/saskatchewan-leaning-towards-getting-into-online-gambling-market
  • lol..funny, I just opened pfc again to find this exact thread...

BBJ...475,207...any piece of that would be schweeet...
    Yep, it is provincial only right now. I don't see any reasons for the rest of the provinces not to follow suit in the near future...likely Ontario next. Alberta probably last..

Rake is not 10%.
    rake max

This rake structure looks better than most sites actually given that the caps are structured more proportionately to the buy in level for the micros. At Stars the CAP is $2 for the micros iirc.
  • So can you fund these sites from Moneybookers? Or play them if you are not in that province?
  • I asked if Ontarians could play a while ago Comp and got no answer.
  • HVEEPOKER wrote: »
    Can all of Canada play on this site or is it just open to residents of Quebec?

Here it is. Asked Feb 16 2011
  • Vekked wrote: »
    They're provincially restricted at this point afaik, or else I'd be on them, lol.

Here's the answer.
  • compuease wrote: »
    So can you fund these sites from Moneybookers? Or play them if you are not in that province?

As been mentioned, IP restricted to provinces...can you reroute your IP? Might not be able to cash out without validating your info?

Deposit methods (for BC anyway) are CC (mine doesn't work though), Interac payment, and online bill payment.
  • I think you need valid BC gov't ID also
  • 'Cause government regulation is supposed to wipe 2 and 3 outters out of the game, 'casue they'd be more legit.

tongue firmly planted in cheek, btw.