Gavin Griffin

This young guy is going to be the future of poker.

Comments

• I've played with him and wasnt overly impressed
  • the_main wrote:
    I've played with him and wasnt overly impressed

Well, he's supposedly seeing Jennicide, so that's a bit impressive. :biggrin:

macbb
  • macbb wrote:
    Well, he's supposedly seeing Jennicide, so that's a bit impressive. :biggrin:

macbb
    lucky sob? :D
  • lol. He probably played for her, so she got a seat. Yeah, I think he was really lucky in the PL HE, but a nice guy overall. I hope he saved over 1/2 of his winnings!
  • yah apparently they are seeing each other, they were chatting a bunch with others during a few 10:15 tournies and a $100 PL tourney.
  • Tilter wrote:
    lol. He probably played for her, so she got a seat. Yeah, I think he was really lucky in the PL HE, but a nice guy overall. I hope he saved over 1/2 of his winnings!
    $270,420 ...wonder how much of that he pocketed ?
  • This young guy is going to be the future of poker.
    Gavin Griffin: From Poker High Roller to Low Stakes Grinder
  • Wow that is a long way to slide i have had a few conversations with him when he was on my tlb contest team on 2+2 during last years SCOOP he seemed like a nice guy seems black friday may have hit him hard I hope he can turn it around and make a come back.
  • Methinks that, regardless of the FTP shenanigans, there are more than a few stories like this to be told . . .
  • Milo wrote: »
    Methinks that, regardless of the FTP shenanigans, there are more than a few stories like this to be told . . .

Yup, just read 2p2, Erick Lindgren is not paying debts, story that Doyle Brunson is out of money, what's true or what's not is a different story but ya got to wonder.............
  • Yea a huge number of players are staked too and the whole FTP things hurt alot of backers as well as players
  • What's the old adage? 90%+ of all players are long term losers, or something like that. Me? I'll stick to Canasta . . . NO ONE is solid in Canasta.
  • Milo wrote: »
    What's the old adage? 90%+ of all players are long term losers, or something like that. Me? I'll stick to Canasta . . . NO ONE is solid in Canasta.

HU for Canasta roles?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    HU for Canasta roles?

I got winner
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    HU for Canasta roles?

Aaah CRAP, you play Canasta, too?!? Screw it, on to Boggle, although Al will probably pwn that on me, too. :D
  • eeetee2011 wrote: »
    I got winner

Nobody gets winner . . . you're born broke, you die broke, everything in between is variance.

So much for Cliche Sundays . . . back to regularly programmed drivel.
  • It's sad that most of the poker "millionaires" I saw on TV years ago as heroes :'( inspiring me to take shots are now busto.

- Erick Lindgren with $2 million/year from FTP still owes money
    - Phil Ivey degened away his multi-millions & owes money
    - Most of the other FTP Pros can't pay their debts to their ripped-off customers
    - Chino "Scumbag" Rheem
    - Gavin Griffin, Brad Booth, TJ Cloutier, etc., etc.
    philliivey wrote: »
    Yup, just read 2p2, Erick Lindgren is not paying debts, story that Doyle Brunson is out of money, what's true or what's not is a different story but ya got to wonder.............
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    It's sad that most of the poker "millionaires" I saw on TV years ago as heroes :'( inspiring me to take shots are now busto.

- Most of the FTP Pros can't pay their debts to their ripped-off customers
    - Chino "Scumbag" Rheem

Most people knew that almost all live, tv tourny pros were busto IRL, no? The live players that understand how poker works have always played live cash games for a living with the occasional shot at a tourney.
  • BlondeFish wrote: »
    It's sad that most of the poker "millionaires" I saw on TV years ago as heroes :'( inspiring me to take shots are now busto.

- Most of the other FTP Pros can't pay their debts to their ripped-off customers
    - Chino "Scumbag" Rheem

why is chino rheem a scumbag lol
  • why is chino rheem a scumbag lol

Owes ppl money lol
  • westside8 wrote: »
    Owes ppl money lol

Cant name a whole lot of poker players that dont lol
  • Cant name a whole lot of poker players that dont lol

I don't...... oh wait...
  • Any relation to Peter Griffin?

jhtsmv.png
  • Lol I just #drawsomething him