My first tournament win

Saturday at the river rock i hit my first tournament win.
160 people at 150 each equals nice payday for me.

Im not sure of the purpose of this thread, but im thrilled and feel i needed to share it.

Comments

• Congrats on the win. Always nice to have a little extra tax free cash in the jeans. Enjoy it.
  • congrats!
    whatd you haul in? 10k?
  • if 25% he got $6000
    if 40% for first, he got 9600 ish.

Dam, very nice!
  • 8137 was total haul for first prize
    thank you it was a nice.
  • Good Job!! Congrats on the win!!!
  • Nice win. Did you get like a trophy or anything? Did they also let you keep like the two cards you used to win, and maybe even a chip from the tourney as a memento?
  • no trophy ,no cards ,no chips, they put my name and results up on a board at the entrance for the next month. They also have a list of top tournament money winners(top 50) so i should be on that somewhere.

I asked if i could keep the cards i was informed there was no chance.(i guess thier afraid i could use them to cheat)

all said and done the stack of cash they gave me more than makes up for the lack of a trophy.
  • Congrats!!1 I will probably see you in there in the or I already have!
    Im on the tournament board, but unfortunately havent won it all yet :( always close but never had top prize...I will one day though!!! Are you gonna go into the tourney on the 26th?
  • im hoping to be in vegas for the 26th but if i dont get my act together and book a trip i'll be there.
  • Congrats!!! At least I know the level of competition that I'm facing in the forum tourneys and I don't feel so bad about my lackluster finishes. Keep up the good work!
  • twosnaces wrote:
    Congrats!!! At least I know the level of competition that I'm facing in the forum tourneys and I don't feel so bad about my lackluster finishes. Keep up the good work!

I was gonna say the same thing twosnaces.

One thing the forum tournaments will do for me, even if I've only cashed once, is make me a better player, because I'm playing against better competition.

macbb
  • Saturday at the river rock i hit my first tournament win.
    160 people at 150 each equals nice payday for me.
    Niiiiiiiiice. WTG dude.