I Lol'd

Comments

• Looks like one of dj's . . .
  • Probably his first time...

US student gets stuck in vagina sculpture, rescued by 22 firefighters

man-stuck-vagina-sculpture.jpg?w=720&h=480&crop=1

US student gets stuck in vagina sculpture, rescued by 22 firefighters - National | Globalnews.ca
  • Well if he took a little more time with the sculpture in the beginning instead of just rushing to wedge himself in there, this would have gone better.
  • 7 - 1 :o
  • Milo wrote: »
    7 - 1 :o

brazil-meme-10.jpg?w=1100&h=1524
  • If that's the one I think it is, (slow loading --phone) the name is my fav part,
    "The Ugly Kardashian"
  • InsaneGuy wrote: »
    uh oh

mskvit.png

prices have sure gone up over the years.
  • trigs wrote: »
    prices have sure gone up over the years.

Ah the good ol days....
  • Thought that was your hand writing.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Thought that was your hand writing.

early printing press....
  • More of ewwwww ouch than lol

walk it off

• BELLEVILLE, Ontario, February 2, 2015 (LifeSiteNews.com)

-- A poster campaign by an Ontario public school board advises its 15,000-or-so students that it is not appropriate for them to use words such as mother and father, husband and wife, or even Mr. and Mrs.

Instead, the Hastings & Prince Edward District School Board located in Belleville, Ontario, says that students should say "parents/guardians," "partner or spouse," and call adults by their first names rather than say "Mrs. Smith."

The posters put up in the board's schools run the gamut of politically correct speech, from "gender inclusive language" to "sexual orientation and sexual identity inclusive language," with the admonitions that "inclusive language uses terms that include a range of possibilities in relationships and families," and "language that depicts all relationships as heterosexual denies the complexity of human relationships."

The series of posters also includes inclusive language suggestions for more universally applicable subjects such as disability, economic status, race, and faith.

The poster on gender tells students to avoid all use of the word "man" in conjunction with other descriptors, so they are enjoined to say human beings or people instead of mankind, while chairman, policeman and "manning the display booth" are also forbidden, apparently even if the person referred to is a man.

Under a rainbow marker, the sexual orientation poster offers the definition of "gender identity" as being an "internal sense or feeling of being male or female" that may be at odds with a person's actual sex as determined by their chromosomes.

A request by LifeSiteNews to Kerry Donnell, the board's communications officer, for a comment on how the poster campaign has been received by parents with children in the board's schools was not responded to by press time.

However, the board is currently soliciting community members in Hastings County and Prince Edward County to take its 2015 Public Survey to collect input for its next 5-year plan.

“We’re looking for input from everyone,” said Director of Education Mandy Savery-Whiteway. “As the local public school board, we want to hear from community members, students, employees and families as we review our goals and priorities for the coming years.”

The electronic survey will be live only until February 8, 2015, so the opportunity to comment on this poster campaign or any other concerns about the education provided in the board's schools is limited.

Advertisement
    Hastings & Prince Edward District School Board
    Director of Education Mandy Savery-Whiteway
    Phone: 613 966-1170
    Fax: 613 962-1048
    Email: directors.office@hpedsb.on.ca
  • It has nothing to do with being passive aggressive. I think it is absolutely hilarious that this is where our country is going and it might be time to move!

Prophet22
  • So..

It's hilarious that we're trying to be respectful of others? That we're starting to understand that the traditional, conservative, overly simplistic ways of looking at sexuality, gender, and such may be outdated?

That's about as funny as those ditzy broads wanting the vote, or the Negros wanting to sit near the front of the bus. People that complain about these things aren't thinking right about them. 100+ years ago we didn't care about Alzheimer's research because everyone died by like 50. Our technology / medical science is bringing us to new and exciting territory that we have never been to before (living, on average to 80+ years). With these advancements we now have challenges such as geriatric concerns which is relatively new for us.

Analogous to this, just as we are learning enough to overcome health concerns such as nutritional deficits and pathogenic fatalities, is the fact that social science, sexuality understanding etc. is overcoming some of the things that held our understanding back (this might be another proof this last few posts belong more in your religion thread). We have a greater understanding, and requires us to rethink our definitions and causes of issues (just as medical science went from "possession by demons" to mental health issues).

It's evolution of our way of thinking... feel free to join us or the dodo.

Mark
  • I suddenly feel like making a snowbeing with my kid today.
  • moose wrote: »
    I suddenly feel like making a snowbeing with my kid today.

Have fun and be sure to LOL.
  • I'm supposed to remain neutral as a mod, but damn, I'm with Prophet on this one. Ridiculous...! ainec...
  • modherator/modhimator

Better no?
  • DrTyore wrote: »

It's evolution of our way of thinking... feel free to join us or the dodo.

Mark

There is so much wrong with that statement, it only deserves this response.

When will enough be enough? Even if you could write something to justify a policy like this, it would be wasted time reading it, along with the money being wasted (to the tax payer) on this campaign.

Prophet22
  • There is so much wrong with that statement, it only deserves this response.

When will enough be enough? Even if you could write something to justify a policy like this, it would be wasted time reading it, along with the money being wasted (to the tax payer) on this campaign.

Prophet22

You think inclusive language, evolving our understanding, and explaining complex social, interpersonal issues that will reduce ignorance, enhance understanding and empathy, and thereby lessen hate and bigotry is a waste of time and money?

I withdraw my earlier comment... this does belong in the lol thread.

Mark
  • DrTyore wrote: »
    You think inclusive language, evolving our understanding, and explaining complex social, interpersonal issues that will reduce ignorance, enhance understanding and empathy, and thereby lessen hate and bigotry is a waste of time and money?

I withdraw my earlier comment... this does belong in the lol thread.

Mark

Perfect, except for the fact they you believe the above.

Glad we can finally agree. Let's find something else to agree upon and make the world a better place!

Prophet22