What Is Your Tournament Strategy?

Comments

• My "basic" strategy is to be the last player with any chips . . . I think that, once you've mastered that, you have a pretty good chance to win it all.

Of course, there is always the Wetts strategy of "waking up in the morning and pissing excellence", but not everyone can do that . . . most who try just end up dribbling on the seat, and that just gets messy after a while . . .
  • TooTall wrote: »
    Just wondering what everyone's MTT strategy is? What is your playing style during the game? Early in the game do you play very loose trying to build a good chip lead, then tighten up mid-way, and then play super tight once you've made it into the money and are now working towards the final table?

Wow, you sure found an effective way to turn the conventional mtt strategy 180 degrees there ^^'
  • my strategy in a MTT depends on the size of my chip stack at the present time as well as the size of the blinds and antes at the present time. therefore, my answer is: it varies.
  • Generally I guess you want to play as tight as possible during the early levels, especially without antes. Don't do like the wannabe pro's in the 1,5k event on malta and open K7s UTG with 400 BB's effective and no antes or flat 84s from the SB just to outplay someone. If you must insist on 3betting early on, polarize the fuck out of that range when playing people who recognize you (for example 70% QQ+ and 30% 93o)

If you gain chips early fine, try to exploit the other stacks at your table once antes come into play. If you don't get chips early, try to conserve what you have and get them any way you can really. Don't bother with the average stack, just look at your stacksize and focus on competing with the stacks at your table --> grind for 8 hours --> profit?
  • I am just happy to wake up and still be able to take a piss.

Build a big stack and fold to a MIN CASH LMAO................
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    93o

hand doesn't exist....
  • It depends.