Options

ultra nit

ive been running vpip/pfr of 9/4-14/14 for a year now.....could not for the life of me get it higher....

been reading alot of cash games stuff for some ideas....looking forward to the change.....

Everything i read says play super tighter early but after reading some new stuff im guessing thats too tight....

comments?

Comments

• Don't think of stats and changing your game because of them, you will be worse off! TRUST ME.

Just play the way what works for you and what makes you $$$.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Don't think of stats and changing your game because of them, you will be worse off! TRUST ME.

what are you playin these days brah
    Don't think of stats and changing your game because of them, you will be worse off! TRUST ME.

there is skewed implied logic in here....not sure if you care to understand it though....
  • darbday wrote: »
    what are you playin these days brah

old school!
    old school!

lol

im coming to join you at your table on my time off....^-^
    lol

im coming to join you at your table on my time off....^-^

weeeeeeeee:wink2:.
    weeeeeeeee:wink2:.
    weeeeeeeeeeee

what are we playin ????
  • lol

Your just soooooooo cute darbday.:p
    ive been running vpip/pfr of 9/4-14/14 for a year now.....could not for the life of me get it higher....

I play about 18/16 and Im pretty comfortable with that. I think 14/14 is fine so theres not much need to get it higher.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I play about 18/16 and Im pretty comfortable with that. I think 14/14 is fine so there's not much need to get it higher.
    ya i can understand that....prob a big different between like 6/6 and 12/12 i figure its an exponential kinda thing....i open first in any chance i can get and steal like crazy too which is weird...but i just read tons of post flop books over the last week so ill see what that does....

my game is gunna be a mess!

thx for the info.
  • trigs wrote: »
    mt

mt = modified twitter?
  • mt=more tokes
    Everything i read says play super tighter early but after reading some new stuff im guessing thats too tight....

comments?

Early on when stacks are deep, you can play a little looser to take advantage of big implied odds; e.g. calling a raise with small suited connectors, small pairs, etc, when you're getting a decently high SPR. It's like a cash game. As stacks get smaller relative to the blinds, implied odds dry up and you're stuck with playing more premium hands and/or taking advantage of position (or exploiting opponents' tendencies). As stacks continue to get smaller relative to blinds, you need to become more and more aggressive and expand your 3-bet and shoving ranges - but you're pretty much restricted to hands with good showdown value (e.g. AXo rather than 67s). That's pretty much "basic strategy in a nutshell."

If "everything I read" is Harrington and Sklansky, then sure, they'll say that mathematically speaking, there isn't much to be gained by taking down small pots early on, and you should gradually go from uber-TAG to uber-LAG as M decreases. But then you're missing out on a lot of potential value, assuming you know how to play with a deep stack after the flop. Besides, its more fun to play more pots early and outplay weaker opponents.
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    Early on when stacks are deep, you can play a little looser to take advantage of big implied odds; e.g. calling a raise with small suited connectors, small pairs, etc, when you're getting a decently high SPR. It's like a cash game. As stacks get smaller relative to the blinds, implied odds dry up and you're stuck with playing more premium hands and/or taking advantage of position (or exploiting opponents' tendencies). As stacks continue to get smaller relative to blinds, you need to become more and more aggressive and expand your 3-bet and shoving ranges - but you're pretty much restricted to hands with good showdown value (e.g. AXo rather than 67s). That's pretty much "basic strategy in a nutshell."

If "everything I read" is Harrington and Sklansky, then sure, they'll say that mathematically speaking, there isn't much to be gained by taking down small pots early on, and you should gradually go from uber-TAG to uber-LAG as M decreases. But then you're missing out on a lot of potential value, assuming you know how to play with a deep stack after the flop. Besides, its more fun to play more pots early and outplay weaker opponents.

thx

all this was my strategy and usually leaves me with tight stats, even when i feel like im making ridiculous loose openings im still like 9/9. my deep stack game sucks but playing micro cash games will get me used to it.
    thx

all this was my strategy and usually leaves me with tight stats, even when i feel like im making ridiculous loose openings im still like 9/9. my deep stack game sucks but playing micro cash games will get me used to it.

If you're playing 9%, then your range is:
    88+, ATs+, AJo+, KTs+, KQo, QJs. Are those really the only hands you play? Maybe when you're in the 10-30xBB range, but you can play a lot more hands when you're 40+xBB (well, technically when effective stacks are 40+), and you will have to open with a bigger range when < 10xBB, so on average you should be at least 12-14 vpip. And then you should have at least some bluffing percentage (like 50% of times when folded to you on the button or cut-off, etc.)... and if you do this at all, then you must only be playing top 7% from other positions: 88+, ATs+, KTs+, AQo+. That's uber-nitty (says a known nit).
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    That's uber-nitty (says a known nit).
    ya and ultra is above that...and the weird thing is my steal stats are 30%. and i open all pp first in....even utg.....i feel like i must be folding AA and KK first in preflop...
    mt = modified twitter?

i was going for mistype since i read the OP wrong and wrote a comment that didn't make sense. less drinking, more thinking.