Options

2 thoughts....

1) i can bring up the 2 + 2 poker forum up at work but pokerforum.ca is blocked as its a 'gambling' site....can that be changed, not sure who rates it or decides that 'tag'.

2) maybe no one cares but if you google your poker name any threads with your hand histories come up at the top of google. maybe we could make it so you can't google the posts.....?

Comments

• darbday wrote: »
    1) i can bring up the 2 + 2 poker forum up at work but pokerforum.ca is blocked as its a 'gambling' site....can that be changed, not sure who rates it or decides that 'tag'.

2) maybe no one cares but if you google your poker name any threads with your hand histories come up at the top of google. maybe we could make it so you can't google the posts.....?

1) Ask your boss to get the security guys in IT to change the proxy server config.

2) Dear google ..... Please stop indexing post on pokerforum.ca
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    1) Ask your boss to get the security guys in IT to change the proxy server config.

2) Dear google ..... Please stop indexing post on pokerforum.ca

1) that would prob defeat the purpose of them blocking sites from employees.....;) but i found a way around it through firefox and proxies...not sure if they're gonna found out but i uninstalled firefox when i left so i think im good....

2) hmm....is there no way around that....not a big deal i couldn't care less, thought it would be an easy solution....
    1) that would prob defeat the purpose of them blocking sites from employees.....;) but i found a way around it through firefox and proxies...not sure if they're gonna found out but i uninstalled firefox when i left so i think im good....
    If you think removing firefox removes the "evidence" that you have been surfing "forbidden" sites at work then think again... Any decent firewall device can give history as to what websites have been surfed from any internal IP address... If you go to sites you are not supposed to at work then iif they want top catch you they will... easily..
  • compuease wrote: »
    If you think removing firefox removes the "evidence" that you have been surfing "forbidden" sites at work then think again... Any decent firewall device can give history as to what websites have been surfed from any internal IP address... If you go to sites you are not supposed to at work then iif they want top catch you they will... easily..

no..... i know that they can do it comp, just not sure if they care, ill just play the stupid me didn't know it was wrong card....
  • If pf.ca is firewalled just use google translate to bypass.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    If pf.ca is firewalled just use google translate to bypass.

Interesting, how does this work?

Darbday, I have the Opposite problem. I cant get to 2+2 (gambling site block) but I can get here at work. Odd...
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    Interesting, how does this work?

Darbday, I have the Opposite problem. I cant get to 2+2 (gambling site block) but I can get here at work. Odd...

yes that is strange, will try google translate and see.

i used firefox and then typed in the url at Hide My Ass! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools - Surf The Web Anonymously and then all the sites worked normally with firefox..
    yes that is strange, will try google translate and see.

i used firefox and then typed in the url at Hide My Ass! Free Proxy and Privacy Tools - Surf The Web Anonymously and then all the sites worked normally with firefox..

Couldn't get on! Firewall says its a high risk site.
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    Couldn't get on! Firewall says its a high risk site.

are you using firefox?
  • Really, you want to risk your jobs over a forum.

Get tapatalk for iPhone/Android/BB
  • For all of you using tools, proxies, et al to bypass work filters, be very aware that any reasonably competent IT dept can easily see where you are surfing to...
    Takes your chances, maybe Philli can teach you how to find a new job...
    Now if your work really doesn't care then surf away....
  • Hobbes wrote: »
    Really, you want to risk your jobs over a forum.

Get tapatalk for iPhone/Android/BB

This!
    For all of you using tools, proxies, et al to bypass work filters, be very aware that any reasonably competent IT dept can easily see where you are surfing to...
    Takes your chances, maybe Philli can teach you how to find a new job...
    Now if your work really doesn't care then surf away....

yes i forgot to say, i don't really know what im doing with proxies and websites, so be careful, be for me ya i won't get fired....i work underground....would be the wierdest thing to get fired over....
    i work underground.
    Are you a miner or a sewer worker?
    Are you a miner or a sewer worker?
    miner ^-^