Interesting WPT blog updates....

Hi all,

Those who play at Stars probably saw this site advertised in their lobby last night, but those who didn't see it might want to check out http://caribbeanpokeradventure.blogspot.com/

It's a blog from the Bahamas for the WPT Stars event that is underway today. The person responsible for the updates is a very good writer, so if you like trip report type-things, you'll probably like reading his reports.

Regards,
all_aces

Comments

• Okay - that just made me ridiculously jealous that I am not on Paradise Island - getting ready to play a big money tournament - when the snow is falling sideways outside and it's -15.

Thanks for that D.

BTW on a semi-related note - I checked into the Aviation Club - and they are having a huge tournament there that ends the day before I arrive in Paris. Doh! I think it is the European Poker Championships - so that totally sucks, because I would have loved to see some of that action, and maybe get in a side game or two.

I also read that they have a Tuesday night 30 Euro weekly tournament - but it's dealers choice? Have you ever heard of a dealers choice tournament? Weird. I've heard of rotation events, but dealers choice?

They also have a Saturday 100 Euro No limit hold em as well that I hope to get in on.

EDIT: I just found there web site - oh yeah - lots of action. There web site is sweet.

http://www.aviationclubdefrance.com/poker_uk.html

I would love to play some backgammon to - but I would totally get crushed there. I got my ass handed to me the time I play this guy down outside Sam The Record Man...Lol. He was trying to hussle me so bad - I teased him a bit, like I didn't know what he was trying to do - he won $20 off me - then I split before it got ugly.
  • PokerStars' staff has been stuffing these big red duffel bags full of stuff that, frankly, I'd like to be taking home with me. Three or four nice shirts, beach hats, beach shoes, frisbees, teddy bears, and a whole bunch of things that I can't remember at the moment.
    i want 1 of those bags :D
  • Okay - that just made me ridiculously jealous that I am not on Paradise Island - getting ready to play a big money tournament - when the snow is falling sideways outside and it's -15.
    Me too, brother, me too.
    I also read that they have a Tuesday night 30 Euro weekly tournament - but it's dealers choice? Have you ever heard of a dealers choice tournament? Weird. I've heard of rotation events, but dealers choice?
    OK, that is bizarre. There must be SOME stipulations, like, you can only choose between hold'em, stud, and omaha, or something. Could you imagine one guy getting the deck and saying 'OK, first we all put all of our chips in the middle. Then, I deal one card apiece, and the highest red card....'
    They also have a Saturday 100 Euro No limit hold em as well that I hope to get in on.
    Now I'm jealous of the Bahamas people AND you. Maybe you'll run into that obnoxious prick from Australia who was in the WPT Paris event. Tony G or something? Beautiful club, though... you'll have a great time, I'm sure. And yeah, stay away from the backgammon. Those guys have probably played more games of backgammon than we've played hands of poker.

Cheers,
    all_aces
  • Ummm... for those who are interested in pictures of 'jennicide', there are many provocative ones to be found if you look around the blog a bit. Particularly, read the 'comments' in the 'peddling jennicide' section.

Who knew!?
  • Apparently, she's got a relatively hairy pussy.

http://jenn1c1de.tripod.com/images/jenandkitty3.jpg

ScottyZ

Note: If you have trouble using this link try either pasting the URL directly into your browser, or try here instead:

http://jenn1c1de.tripod.com/images/images.htm
  • Apparently, she's got a relatively hairy pussy.
    Scotty, I just about fell out of my chair. The LAST words I expected to see you post on this forum, and lo and behold, there they are!
  • all_aces wrote:
    Scotty, I just about fell out of my chair. The LAST words I expected to see you post on this forum, and lo and behold, there they are!

;)

Well, it pays to be obvious, especially if you have a reputation for subtlety.

ScottyZ
  • Niiiiice... old school baby, old school....
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    Apparently, she's got a relatively hairy pussy.

[

that's not what i saw ;)
  • all_aces wrote:
    Ummm... for those who are interested in pictures of 'jennicide', there are many provocative ones to be found if you look around the blog a bit. Particularly, read the 'comments' in the 'peddling jennicide' section.

Who knew!?

Otis has removed comments from the blog, dammit.
  • I did not read the whole post here....just thought there was a link to a wpt blog.....I am at WORK and almost got fired for looking at that site !

Man. You guys scare me :)
  • the chip leader is from toronto (chosenkid) good luck to greg 18 left.
  • BIRDO wrote:
    the chip leader is from toronto (chosenkid) good luck to greg 18 left.

Is this Big Birdo from Pokerstars. If so, is Cookie still in?

Cheers
    Magi
  • yes its me,cookie was bounced 3 hrs. in on the 1st day.
    do i know you?
  • BIRDO wrote:
    yes its me,cookie was bounced 3 hrs. in on the 1st day.
    do i know you?

Tough break for Cookie. I Just fired you a PM. Just know Cookie from last year's WSOP.

Cheers
    Magi
  • One of the final 9 is a guy named Nenad Medic.

I know someone by that name. I believe he's from Niagara Falls. He played a couple of years of basketball at the University of Waterloo (I know of him, because we recruited him for McMaster, but he decided to go to Waterloo).

It's not *that* common a name. I did a google search, and the first 10 items shown were all about the basketball player. Anyone know a way of finding out if it's him? Teach, would you have any contacts?

macbb
  • macbb wrote:
    One of the final 9 is a guy named Nenad Medic.

I know someone by that name. I believe he's from Niagara Falls. He played a couple of years of basketball at the University of Waterloo (I know of him, because we recruited him for McMaster, but he decided to go to Waterloo).

It's not *that* common a name. I did a google search, and the first 10 items shown were all about the basketball player. Anyone know a way of finding out if it's him? Teach, would you have any contacts?

macbb

Just answering my own message ...

Talked to someone from the University of Waterloo basketball team, and it turns out my suspicions were correct. The Nenad Medic at the final table is the same guy who went to Waterloo.

Very cool!

macbb
  • And, according to the PokerStars blog, Nenad has made the TV table (see below).

Sure, he's short stacked, but even if he busts out in 6th, he makes $112,500 US.

Not too bad for a 22 year old from Niagara Falls. Surely some of you Waterloo guys must know him from his days at the University?

macbb

Final prize pool for televised table
    First place: $865,600 plus $25,000 seat into WPT Championship
    Second place: $484,700
    Third place: $306,400
    Fourth place: $207,700
    Fifth place: $155,800
    Sixth place: $112,500

posted by Brad "Otis" Willis at 2:30 PM

Final table chip count going into televised table
    Seat 1: John Gale, England (gizzimow) $1,330,000
    Seat 2: Patrick Hocking, Medford, OR, USA (The Hawk) $527,000
    Seat 3: Nenad Medic, Niagra Falls, Canada (serb2127) $142,000
    Seat 4: Mikael Westerlund, Gothenburg, Sweden $1,072,000
    Seat 5: Miami John Cernuto, Las Vegas, NV $291,000
    Seat 6: Alex Balandin, New York, (ignatiusj) $1,261,000
  • That's amazing. If anyone ever sees this guy, please ask him to post a report here if he's so inclined.

BTW, I was REALLY hoping that 'The Hawk' was the same one from this forum, but it doesn't look like he is, because the dude in the WPT is from the USA, and The Hawk on this forum posted something on Saturday.
  • all_aces wrote:
    That's amazing. If anyone ever sees this guy, please ask him to post a report here if he's so inclined.

BTW, I was REALLY hoping that 'The Hawk' was the same one from this forum, but it doesn't look like he is, because the dude in the WPT is from the USA, and The Hawk on this forum posted something on Saturday.

I'm working on getting his e-mail address, and if I'm successful, I'll ask him to post something.

macbb
  • macbb wrote:
    I'm working on getting his e-mail address, and if I'm successful, I'll ask him to post something.

macbb

He was in my computer and math classes first year (2002-2003 school year). I don't know if he's still at the school but his name is still in the school directory which shows his school email address. Go to www.uwaterloo.ca and you can search for students' email addresses there.

Peace
    KM