black friday

Comments

• moose wrote: »
    mmmm dimeage.

P1030763.JPG

just picked mine up and they are AWESOME!! only thing is I need to pick up some paulson racks, what's the best place to order these moose?

oh and str8 im sure jim will fix your order and ship those 100s so I wouldn't be too worried!
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    oh and str8 im sure jim will fix your order and ship those 100s so I wouldn't be too worried!

I don't doubt Jim whatsoever. Highly respected on ChipTalk. Just I was so excited, than got crushed to find I didn't get what I wanted. I'm sure he'll ship the balance, but I wonder who's chips I have now?

There was a limit on the $100's too, I just hope he didn't sell out and actually has them still.

BTW...very nice grey's jda! Kick myself now for not going with them. These Presidents are going to take a LONG time to clean up.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I don't doubt Jim whatsoever. Highly respected on ChipTalk. Just I was so excited, than got crushed to find I didn't get what I wanted. I'm sure he'll ship the balance, but I wonder who's chips I have now?

There was a limit on the $100's too, I just hope he didn't sell out and actually has them still.

BTW...very nice grey's jda! Kick myself now for not going with them. These Presidents are going to take a LONG time to clean up.

Yeah, for your sake I really hope this didn't happen. And yeah I'm rly happy with them, they'll work perfectly as dimes in my home game.
    Your primaries may be filthy now but you're gunna love them once they're cleaned up!!

btw so much for receiving the chips mid next week, hope I get mine soon like you guys did.
  • I'm sure he still has thousands of hundos left.

You got the grey roulettes?

pm xhawk on CT for racks. You can tell him I sent ya.
  • Well, we did pay for the speed. AJ, I'll have the balance for you on Saturday. My Pharoah's are officially packed in their cage. Sweet looking chips . . . now I just have to decide on a date for the cash game.
  • Milo wrote: »
    Well, we did pay for the speed. AJ, I'll have the balance for you on Saturday. My Pharoah's are officially packed in their cage. Sweet looking chips . . . now I just have to decide on a date for the cash game.

WHERE'S THE DAMN CHIP PR0N?!?!? You aren't allowed to get new chips and NOT post pr0n. Its against house rules. If you continue to ignore these rules you must forfeit all new chip purchases to the one who originally ordered!
  • Well, that isn't going to happen. As for pix, that will have to wait for now, as I am an idiot when it comes to that sort of thing.

And the rest of you yahoos can stifle yourselves with the smart-ass remarks . . . :)
    Well, that isn't going to happen. As for pix, that will have to wait for now, as I am an idiot when it coems to that sort of thing.

And the rest of you yahoos can stifle yourselves with the smart-ass remarks . . . :)

You have a teenage daughter. Get her to figure it out for you. Hell, mine can make my cell phone do things I never thought would be possible...like take pics and personalized ring tones...who knew?
  • Just heard back from Jim at ChipRoom. He's sending me my 100's ASAP and is letting me keep the extras as compensation.

Even with the issues with my order, I'd still recommend ChipRoom. Some of the best online customer service you'll EVER find.
  • Glad to hear it, AJ. But, given the state of some of those chips, thats a lot of extra cleaning to do . . .
    Glad to hear it, AJ. But, given the state of some of those chips, thats a lot of extra cleaning to do . . .

I don't mind really, gives me something to do during the week. They just won't be in play until I get them cleaned and oiled a bit. I'll take before and after pics of some the really bad ones to show the difference.
  • One tablespoon of TSP in 4 L of warm water. Soak 10 min. Give'em a stir and most of the dirt will be floating off already but electric toothbrush FTW. Finish with a wipe of Magic Eraser and don't forget the rolling edge. Easy peasy. As long as you have the time, you could easily clean 200 chips in that. It's slightly caustic so you will want a second bucket of water for rinsing.

My primary $5 and $25 are kind of beat up so if you find a newer one in your extra piles, I would like to trade.

Don't use TSP on hotstamps.
  • Thanks for the headsup Moose. I'll be sure to follow your instructions closely.

If I have any better than usual Primary, I'll let you know.
  • Okay, so why can you oil Paulsons, but not the Pharoahs? Better labels? Or is the "label" actually part of the chip on a Paulson?
  • CAUSE THEY'RE NOT PAULSONS!!
    Pharaoh's are labelled. PCA's are NOT. They are stamped inlays.
    Labels come off. Inlays do not.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    CAUSE THEY'RE NOT PAULSONS!!
    Pharaoh's are labelled. PCA's are NOT. They are stamped inlays.
    Labels come off. Inlays do not.

Put it on a friggin' t-shirt already . . . sheesh. I am just asking so as to edumicate myself, thats all.

And why aren't you getting on Wetts about chip pr0n? I'm sorting your daughter's Scout popcorn tonight, AJ, so be careful . . . ^-^
    Put it on a friggin' t-shirt already . . . sheesh. I am just asking so as to edumicate myself, thats all.

LOL

Label/Receipt Number: CQ34 5696 425U S
    Expected Delivery Date: December 2, 2010
    Class: Priority Mail International Parcels
    Service(s): International Parcels

be accurate, ONE TIME!
    And why aren't you getting on Wetts about chip pr0n?

He's putting his chips in play tonight at my game. There's a Last Longer Bet on for them, you should sign up ;)

Trust me...there'll be pics taken of those beauts tonight!
  • As stated, sorting popcorn tonight. Might even get your daughter's group #'s correct, too . . . I look forward to the pix of Wetts' hotstamps . . .
  • 2010/12/03 04:50 MISSISSAUGA International item arrived in Canada and will be reviewed by Customs

Getting closer!
  • Prolly Monday . . . enjoy your weekend. :)
    Prolly Monday . . . enjoy your weekend. :)

Ignore Milo, Johnnie. Since he has rec'd his order, he's forgetting how much of a pain in the ass he was during pre delivery. The rest of us still waiting understand your anticipation, and sympathize with you.
  • johnnieh wrote: »
    2010/12/03 04:50 mississauga international item arrived in canada and will be held for review in the new year by customs

getting closer!

fyp... :)
  • Knew there was reason to like the ol' bugger . . . :D

And AJ, you confuse sarcasm with banter. I know full well how frustrating it can be to wait . . . but I am glad to have my Pharoahs nonetheless.

Next purchase . . . PAULSONS.
    Prolly Monday . . . enjoy your weekend. :)

More likely Wed or Thurs, if the customs officers don't have a SnG with them first.
  • Your item arrived at the delivery Post Office in CANADA at 7:24 am on December 03, 2010. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Detailed Results:

At Foreign Delivery Unit, December 03, 2010, 7:24 am, CANADA
    Out of Foreign Customs, December 02, 2010, 1:13 pm, CANADA
    Into Foreign Customs, December 02, 2010, 11:35 am, CANADA
    Arrived Abroad, December 02, 2010, 11:35 am, CANADA

Sweet!
  • JohnnieH wrote: »
    More likely Wed or Thurs, if the customs officers don't have a SnG with them first.

Naaah . . . if they do that the stuff will be "lost in transit - written off".

Those are nice chips after all . . . :o
  • They cleared it in 1.5 hours so I hope that means no customs fees. Might come today.

Detailed Results:
    spacer.gifspacer.gifbullet_circle.gif Out of Foreign Customs, December 03, 2010, 6:02 am, CANADA bullet_circle.gif Into Foreign Customs, December 03, 2010, 4:50 am, CANADA bullet_circle.gif Arrived Abroad, December 03, 2010, 4:50 am, CANADA bullet_circle.gif International Dispatch, December 01, 2010, 8:31 am, ISC CHICAGO IL (USPS) bullet_circle.gif Arrival bullet_circle.gif Acceptance, November 29, 2010, 1:25 pm, MILFORD, MI 48381 bullet_circle.gif Electronic Shipping Info Received, November 27, 2010
  • I got the delivery notice, says to pick up tomorrow after 1pm :(: also says I gotta pay $38 bucks
  • My BCC chips are here!!!

More stamped than I would have liked though. Sorting them out now. There will be chips up for grabs for trade/sell once I figure out what I'm going to do with.

Right now, I think I can get a small set of blanks that I want to get personalized hotstamp, and maybe a small headsup set of the DP hotstamped ones. The purple spotted 500 has already found a home with my PCA's, which means the guitar HRC Darryl picked up for me are stragglers. Also have some 5000 spotted tournament chips in two different colours.

The biggest problem after sorting blanks from stamps from spotted is going to be colour matching. There's a few stacks just off one shade from the rest, not sure if it will that noticeable or not.