$10,000 Guaranteed Tourney, Thursdays, bi-weekly

Hello Poker Lovers

I am running a new tournament (in addition to Woodbridge) every 2nd Thursday in the Markham area starting this Thursday, 6th January 2005.

Buy in is $200 for 2000 chips. Unlimited $100 re-buys for the first hour (re-buys can be taken if less than 2000). $100 Add on at the 1 hour mark for 4000 chips.

We guarantee $10,000 first prize in this event. We ran a trial tournament just before Christmas and had 92 players and the 1st prize was a whopping $13,000.

If you require any additional info, please email me at azim@thepokerresource.com or add me to messenger - thepokerresource@hotmail.com

Thanks

Comments

• Depending on how my day goes i may head down to this event, anyone else on the forum looking at it?
  • I will undoubtedly attend at least a few of these, for two reasons... the prize pool is nice, especially with the guarantee, and it's run by Azim, which means that it will be well-organized, and fair.

Tonight, however, the roads aren't great for the drive to Markham, and I have a couple of personal things I should take care of. What, you may ask? Well, my g/f's birthday is this weekend, and I haven't done a thing about it. I hate it when people have birthdays right after Christmas. If I was smart, I would have kept back a couple of her Christmas presents and given them to her as birthday presents, but it's too late now.

Regards,
    all_aces
  • all_aces wrote:
    What, you may ask? Well, my g/f's birthday is this weekend, and I haven't done a thing about it. I hate it when people have birthdays right after Christmas. If I was smart, I would have kept back a couple of her Christmas presents and given them to her as birthday presents, but it's too late now.

Regards,
    all_aces

How about tossing her 500 or 1000 bucks in a nice envelope! Perhaps I'm just warped because I'm married and Italian -- is she Italian -- it could work well after all.

Cheers
    Magi
  • magithighs wrote:
    How about tossing her 500 or 1000 bucks in a nice envelope! Perhaps I'm just warped because I'm married and Italian -- is she Italian -- it could work well after all.

Cheers
    Magi

Dude, it's his girlfriends birthday not a wedding.
  • magithighs wrote:

Cheers
    Magi

It's funny how a poker forum turns into a forum for relationship advise ... at least you didn't switch case you would have told him to buy a gift that was the stone cold nuts, while reminding him that it wouldn't be polite to slow roll her into thinking he hadn't got her a gift, cause the would idea would have been an utter flop, from which he's likely to end up at the bottom of the river .... and on and on like that.

btw aces ... happy birthday to your GF from everyone at pokerforum.ca
  • ROFL at this thread.
    btw aces ... happy birthday to your GF from everyone at pokerforum.ca
    Thank-you Chugs, I will pass that along. :)
  • magithighs wrote:
    How about tossing her 500 or 1000 bucks in a nice envelope!
    Dude, she's his girlfriend, not a hooker!
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Dude, she's his girlfriend, not a hooker!

That's why he suggested a nice envelope.

ScottyZ
  • Whatever you do, aces, do NOT re-gift that poker book you got for Christmas!
  • I need to post to clarify. Yes, this has gone on too far, but I cannot resist!

Yes I know it's a birthday and not a wedding. Just need to clarify that Itallians welcome cash for ALL occasions! It is the one gift that we really don't mind if it has been re-gifted.

Yes I know she's not a hooker. If she was, then cash would not be acceptable. I would be demeaning my hooker by giving her cash, as that's what she gets from people who really don't love her. Gifts are required for hookers. Just have a look at the Sopranos. Tony always gives cash to his family, and it's greatly appreciated. He never gives cash to his mistresses -- bad very bad.

And, yes I did say a nice envelope -- that's where the thought comes in!

Cheers
    Magi
  • Man, Magi you bust me up. I'm just wishing my wife was Italian!
  • Also for the purposes of clarification...

My girlfriend is not a prostitute.
    My girlfriend is not Italian.
    My girlfriend, therefore, cannot be an Italian prostitute. Even if she wanted to be.

And, I'm not going to give her cash for her birthday, regardless of how nice the envelope may be, although I will concede that in some cultures a gift of cash is not only OK, it's the norm.

:wink:
  • all_aces wrote:
    And, I'm not going to give her cash for her birthday...

After all this, you should at least give her a couple of bucks (in addition to the "real" gift(s)) and show her this thread. (:

[Note the clever use of a non-Santa smiley]

On second thought, scratch that idea. My crystal ball just tuned me into her saying something along the lines of your "posting on a forum where there are all these weridos"...

(;

I think it's cool that we now seem to have developed a forum "character" who never actually shows up in person, such as Vera from Cheers.

ScottyZ
  • all_aces wrote:
    My girlfriend is not a prostitute.
    My girlfriend is not Italian.
    My girlfriend, therefore, cannot be an Italian prostitute.
    What if she were a cop in a certain community west of Toronto? Then would the cash in the envelope be ok???
  • ScottyZ wrote:

I think it's cool that we now seem to have developed a forum "character" who never actually shows up in person, such as Vera from Cheers.

ScottyZ

To extend the whole thing out does that make you Norm, cause i can see all_aces as fraser.

everytime you post on the forum now scotty, we'll all just come in and post

'scottttty'
  • any chance of hosting a "freeze-out" from time to time?

• Back to the topic of the thread

Last Thursday (6th) we had 93 Players. Total Prize pool was $49,100 and the 1st prize was $15,000

As I have said before, this tournament will be held every 2 weeks and the next one is on the 20th of January.

We are also holding a $1000+100 freezeout on the 14th of July.

If you need more info, email me or add me to messenger.
  • azimk wrote:

We are also holding a $1000+100 freezeout on the 14th of July.

How do you do that Jaw Dropping smiley?!!!

What's the $100 for? You can either respond with "whatever you assume it to be for" or "for really expensive tables, chips and chair rentals...plus an amazing dinner for that night".

stp
  • Back to the topic of the thread
    I saw that one coming. Sorry Azim... this place needs a moderator to keep things on-topic...:wink:
  • all_aces wrote:
    I saw that one coming. Sorry Azim... this place needs a moderator to keep things on-topic...:wink:

Problem is good moderators are so hard to come by now a days
  • stpboy wrote:
    What's the $100 for?

Rental of Location, Food, Dealers, Security and of course, my fees!!
  • Fair enough...

stp
  • what time does it all start? and do you have to sign up beforehand?
  • Food from 7pm and the tournament starts at 8pm. No pre-registration required but we do cap the tournament at 100 players.
  • Sounds like a good time.
  • Just a reminder that the next tournament is tomorrow, 20th January.

Hope to see some of you there.
  • anyone thinking of going?
  • Yeppers, and I think Dick Hertz is planning to go, as well.
  • It could be ON tonight!, the battle of the Canadian Poker Player Magazine faces. Devin Armstrong (August), Vince 'Shampoo' Delao (November) and Kevin Mammavong (December) will all be at the tournament tonight.

Hope to see some of you there.
  • Lol - I think you mean Kevin "K"ammavong... He might be just a little upset if you make that same mistake too i think...

But shit - that is so awesome. I wish I could make it too.