More Live 1/2!

After hearing hobbes' story of live poker, I bit the bullet after about a 6 month break and hit the tables. Interesting enough, a few sitiuations arose.

Hand #1:

Very first hand of a new table. I'm in the C/O with 9d5d.
4 players limp. lol.
I see the button getting ready to fold. I was contemplating limping, but I decided that I can't "talk the talk without walking the walk"
I raise to 15.
blinds fold, UTG calls, HJ calls.

Pot ~ $50
Everyone started with $200 except UTG who has $100.
FLOP:
Th 6h 5c

both players check. Hero -->???

Hand #2
I've been raising in late position quite often.
I'm in High Jack with AJo. 5 Limpers. I raise to 16.
Big blind calls as do 2 limpers. I have position on all.

Pot ~ $65
FLOP
7c8hKd
4 players check to me.
Hero ????

At this point I have around $300, some have 80, others have me covered.

Hand # 3

In C/O with AdQd

3 players limp. I make it 17 to go.
SB calls. Everyone else folds. SB has been loose/aggressive so far, raising with 42s utg, but pushing solid hands like combo draws, etc. and checking back hands he missed multi-way.
I've been playing somewhat loose/aggressive from late position as well.

Pot ~ $40
FLOP:
Qs 6s 3c
SB checks
HERO bets 30.
SB raises to 65
Hero ???

I started this hand with abuot 350, he has about 300 behind.

Comments

• 1. you can throw in a small bet to try and take it down. $25 will probably do it. You still have outs if you get a call. If I get a call, likely slow down on the turn, unless you hit two pair or trips.

2. Don't really like a bet here as much as hand #1. You don't really have anything, unless an ace comes on the turn (J is likely no good). If you have been betting more in position, more likely someone will look you up.

3. One of the tougher situations in a cash game, TPTK facing a re-raise. You can either call and see how he plays the turn or re-raise to see where you stand. I might re-raise to $120ish to see how strong his hand really is. If he tends to bets his draws, the re-raise may get him off the hand. Based on your description, I don't think he has air in this situation. Would he re-raise with a set or just call and let you keep betting at it? Are you willing to lose all your chips to TPTK?
  • Pretty much agree with most of what Jah said above..

1.You should bet here, your bet preflop will help sell your story that you're either ahead or that you have a serious drawing hand, I doubt people will want to play into you on that fairly dry board. If someone reraises it's not that tough of a fold and you don't lose much if you bet $25-$30

2.I check it here, with 2 callers oop to your 3 bet I think there is too good of a chance one of them has a king, since it's live you can take into account your physical reads on the guys, if you have a really solid read on both guys and think that there is a very good chance they both have absolute air ( chances are not ), try a $30.00 bet and if they call and you don't hit your ace then slow down, they won't call on that board with much that you can actually beat. I think checking is the right play 90% of the time.

3. Worst situation ever.. I can see myself going broke in this situation a lot, so take it for what it's worth but I definitely re raise, I think if he is on the flush draw and you reraise it over $100.00 he will probably lay it down. Obviously likewise with a bluff, If he has a set he will most likely reraise you and your lay down is a bit easier. This is tough decision but I think you want to get your money in the pot while your hand is most likely the best.
  • lol at needless live agression. We're playing full ring live, we just need to chill and play good TAG poker and we can make a good hourly profit imo
  • It sounds like you are playing many hands without any sort of plan at all or reads on players at the table.
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    lol at needless live agression. We're playing full ring live, we just need to chill and play good TAG poker and we can make a good hourly profit imo

I was going to say that, I don't know how long you were playing but I think there is a chance you would get less action on your button raises if you didn't do it everytime.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    It sounds like you are playing many hands without any sort of plan at all or reads on players at the table.

Sorry it sounds like this. These aren't 3 hands in a row, these are three hands over the course of 3 hours of playing. Hand #1 was the very first hand.

Hand #1

I make it 35 to go. UTG folds, HJ calls
    Turn = 3s (board = Th 6h 5c 3s)
    Villian bets $35
    Pot ~ $150

Hero ??

Hand #2

No point on commenting any more. THanks for the advice. I check it back, turn comes a 7, everyone checks to me again, river comes 2, everyone checks again as do I. A pair of 8's took it down.
    I was thinking that a bet on the flop would take this pot down, but the risk:reward ratio is bad so I didn't do so.

Hand #3

This player has been loose aggressive. I really don't see a point in re-raising half my stack (120) then folding.

Given my read on him, I push it all-in. He calls showing AQo. we chop. Thoughts on this move?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    It sounds like you are playing many hands without any sort of plan at all or reads on players at the table.

My plan was as follows:
    Own them.
    I raise to Isolate players. Cbet lots and win a lot of small pots. Show a loose image and be ready to pwn them with my monsters.
    These are 3 problem hands I had over the course of 10 hands I played in 3 hours. I really don't think that's a lot of hands, ~15%
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    These are 3 problem hands I had over the course of 10 hands I played in 3 hours. I really don't think that's a lot of hands, ~15%

these are the problem hands?? you had nothing better to raise with than 95d in 3 hours? talk about card dead.

1. I probably fold and wait for a better spot. You tried on the flop to steal it w outs and got called.

3. Problem w a push is the only hand that can call you has you beat. Prefer a good size raise that still leaves you with plenty of chips if he calls or pushes. You have only commited $50 to the pot and now are pushing another $250? Seems risky and desperate to me.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »

3. Problem w a push is the only hand that can call you has you beat. Prefer a good size raise that still leaves you with plenty of chips if he calls or pushes. You have only commited $50 to the pot and now are pushing another $250? Seems risky and desperate to me.

Fair enough, but if I think I have him beat, don't I have to push? My other option is to fold, flat and obviously face a big bet on the turn, or raise. Raising to 120-150 imo commits me. I think this is an all in or fold situation
    Fair enough, but if I think I have him beat, don't I have to push? My other option is to fold, flat and obviously face a big bet on the turn, or raise. Raising to 120-150 imo commits me. I think this is an all in or fold situation

except he's not gonna bluffcall you if you shove
    except he's not gonna bluffcall you if you shove

really? damnit.
    these are the problem hands?? you had nothing better to raise with than 95d in 3 hours? talk about card dead.

1. I probably fold and wait for a better spot. You tried on the flop to steal it w outs and got called.

No other suggestions?
    Well, what I did was raise to 75. I know that if I'm going to raise I need to make it more.

My thoughts were that he was making a move. It makes no sense at all for him to bet on that 3 unless he has exactly 4-7. What do you guys think of this move?

If you think you have him beat, why not milk him for the rest of his chips? I don't think he will call the shove, unless he has you beat. Raise enough so it doesn't give him odds to chase any draws he may have (flush). I don't recall pushing 125BB with TPTK on the flop recently.
    If you think you have him beat, why not milk him for the rest of his chips? I don't think he will call the shove, unless he has you beat. Raise enough so it doesn't give him odds to chase any draws he may have (flush). I don't recall pushing 125BB with TPTK on the flop recently.

Yeah, good point.
    To be honest, I haven't done this in a long time. It's the board structure the reason I thought I was good. So yeah you're right, mind as well milk him. Next time I'll go something like $150. That if he calls it'll give him 100 behind and have to call all-in.
    On the other hand, I think any raise he's willing to call, he'll call all-in. And it doesn't necessarily mean he's got me beat. I can't really put him on 6-3 or Q-6 or Q-3, and I think 33 and 66 is highly unlikely, So I thoguth a shove would be good.
    No other suggestions?
    Well, what I did was raise to 75. I know that if I'm going to raise I need to make it more.

My thoughts were that he was making a move. It makes no sense at all for him to bet on that 3 unless he has exactly 4-7. What do you guys think of this move?

I think it's fine if you mind your image, but go to at least 95 imo (although you already knew that)

Could be a blocker bet I suppose, didn't look at the board now but there might be some kind of draw out there, you might even be valueraising in some cases. It's a multifunction raise :P

Edit: Didn't realise it at first but we're even buying ourselves a free showdown much of the time

Edit: Didn't realise it at first but we're even buying ourselves a free showdown much of the time

My thoughts too.

Lots of draws out there. Anyway, he flats the 75 obv. Turn comes Ad, and villian checks.

We both have 65 behind us. If he has an A high FD he just beat me and is calling everything.

The question here is do we ship to bluff him off a TJ hand or a 67 hand? These both seem unlikely.

Results hidden...

I check it back.
    He says "I miss!" and shows 78o. lol. I cough and show my massive pair of 5's and scoop a big pot. Good-bye image, hellow 3/4 of a stack!
    I really don't know If I should bet this or not, whetehr its a good idea to turn my hand intoa bluff.