WPT Borgata Poker Open

Im planning on going to this event September 18th-23rd. There is a Day 1A and a Day 1B, Ive never been to a WPT event, and I was just wondering if I just register when I get there, and if then I get to choose which day or they tell me which day I will play.

Comments

• You just register when you get there, and I am pretty sure you can pick which starting day you want
  • TR?

Tis customary around here to give a trip report (TR) when playing somewhere that is not your usual haunt... :)
  • O haha i c. Well main event didnt go well. Started off great as I got a real lucky hand early. Running my AA into QQ where the flop ran AQx. Started with 30k in chips and was up to 45k early. Got unlucky a couple time but also shouldve folded a few times, a guy was steaming bad at my table, even rambling about the play of a guy who had been getting very lucky. I ended up losing a 30k pot to him jj to kk. Then lost about 40k pot when my 88 flopped a set vs the very lucky guy who flopped a set of 9s. So I was now short with like 7k. Also had a very tough table draw, with a few fulltilt pros and ub pro tiffany michele. I was on BB with gazes(fulltilt pro) raises it. I call. flop k72. I check he bets prob around 750, I decide to raise to like 2200. he askes what i have left then just calls. turn A which I figured wouldnt help his hand so I decided to check and if he bet at me I wasnt going to fold. he checked also and the river was some rag card, prob a 2. I check again hoping he will bluff with like qq or jj and Ill snap call. I expected a push but he only bet like 2700, which kinda seemed weird to me, but i just couldnt fold and I called he had AA. So I had 1800 left, blinds 150/300 and I got back up to 7000 after tripling up QJ to 88. there was another caller but 88 chanced them away. Then a middle position raise followed by a call to my right. I decided to shove it in with A10 knowing the ranges of the 2 people were massive as they both played lots of hands. Original raiser folds, the next guy only has like 19k so if he calls hes committing a good size of his stack. He calls and flips over q10. flop 678 turn Q :( and that was the end of that. Was a rough trip haha but O well live and learn i guess.
  • naw, we didn't mean the pokerzz, we all play that! What about the hookers'n'blow?

Just kidding.. Nice try, must have been fun to play a few of the reg pros live..
  • It was definatly a lot of fun, learned a lot that will hopefully help me with a better result next time. Also got to see the filming of the final table, or at least for a few minutes, so that was neat haha.