On the button with Ks-Qd - everyone has over $200 at the table

UTG +2 - raise to $10
Cut off - calls
Button (hero) - calls

Flop - Ah-Jc-Ts
UTG +1 bets $25
Cut off calls $25
Hero: ?? - What does everyone recommend at this stage -

We have flopped the nuts on a rainbow board - do we just flat call ? Min raise ? Suggestions welcomed

Comments

• djgolfcan wrote: »

UTG +2 - raise to $10
    Cut off - calls
    Button (hero) - calls

Flop - Ah-Jc-Ts
    UTG +1 bets $25
    Cut off calls $25

We have flopped the nuts on a rainbow board - do we just flat call ? Min raise ? Suggestions welcomed

Raise.
    go to 65. One of these players obviuosly has something, time to massage the pot. Chances are you can get a weaker hand to call a bet, or 2pair/AK/set to put all their chips in. No point in slowplaying as live players generally hate to fold.

UTG +2 - raise to $10
    Cut off - calls
    Button (hero) - calls

Flop - Ah-Jc-Ts
    UTG +1 bets $25
    Cut off calls $25

I think the number one thing I would consider in this situation is how the table has been playing. Also, ur image?

IMO the only hands that stack off to you here are AJ/AT/AA/JJ/TT.

Min raising is my least favourite option as it gives away the strength of our hand to anyone paying attention. If hes been a very aggressive player post flop, just call and let him continue to bet at it. If he has been fairly passive, then raise him hoping for a call (or shove?). After all, it looks like he thinks he has the best hand right now when hes leading into a multiway pot in EP.
  • I raise to 100-125; if they got a set or two pair (or combined with a straight draw), they ain't going anywhere. They can still catch up so they got to pay. Likely pushing on the turn if I get a call. If you don't build pots with the nuts, you don't make any money!

It is player dependant obviously. If you expect a big bet on the turn, then calling might be a viable option.

btw, was this the RH game? Its pretty deep? I find the buy ins for most home games to be pretty shallow.
  • [ ] deepstacks

It all depends on your image and the image of the other players in the hand. NLH isn't an ABC formulated game.

Wetts' cat says fna;ng;uinfaqw94fiun

It depends.
    /thread
  • I like the flat call if we're shallower than 300 dollars here
  • I think a lot of you are mis reading the strengths of people's hands. UTG is most likely c-betting so I don't give him credit for a monster. Now the flat call looks like some sort of AX combo trying to make a 4 card straight. I can't see people slow playing the flop based on the action preflop.

In this sitution due to the action preflop (raise to 10 bucks) you have to assume most likely ranges are AX KX mid pairs etc....I have a feeling that if you raise this flop you may get 1 caller hoping to hit the turn but I don't think its the fireworks people think it will be.

Once again this is read dependant, so we would need more info on each of the players to make a more accurate assumption. Obv if the 2 players in the hands are nits you want to get it in and create action, but if they are both laggy looking to make draws and improve a lot of the time on the turn, thats the time to slow play.
  • agree with most here......this is a villain dependant spot

if villain UTG+1 has barrelling tendencies, I think I slowplay, and try to get it all in on turn, as the stacks indicate that can happen easily if he barrells another 60-80 on turn

usually with my cash game image, I'm better off raising the flop (to 60 or 70), as I'll get alot of Ax calling

either way, it's more easily answered with table images of all players involved
  • i can't stop salivating....whats the question?
  • I think a lot of you are mis reading the strengths of people's hands. UTG is most likely c-betting so I don't give him credit for a monster. Now the flat call looks like some sort of AX combo trying to make a 4 card straight. I can't see people slow playing the flop based on the action preflop.

Once again this is read dependant, so we would need more info on each of the players to make a more accurate assumption. Obv if the 2 players in the hands are nits you want to get it in and create action, but if they are both laggy looking to make draws and improve a lot of the time on the turn, thats the time to slow play.

I agree it's villian dependant, but given it's a live 1/2 game most people are generally loose.
    In this sitution due to the action preflop (raise to 10 bucks) you have to assume most likely ranges are AX KX mid pairs etc....I have a feeling that if you raise this flop you may get 1 caller hoping to hit the turn but I don't think its the fireworks people think it will be.

The point I was trying to make here is that unless both villians are stupidly loose, you won't see a lot of money going in on the turn when you slowplay unless:
    1)They allready have a made hand they're willing to spew with
    2) They improve to a hand they'll spew with.

Although a raise on the flop may get a fold, it's still worth it to massage the pot at this point. If we pop it to 65 or something, The pot will be about $150 with just ONE caller. With 2, it grows to 215. Everyone will have stacks of 125 and it will be much easier to get their stack in on the turn.
    On the flop given a lag player, He's probably calling with most Ax hands, combo draws, and shippnig his sets/2pair. Hell, they will probably call with any open ender draws.

Of course, this is given my experience and I don't give much credit most live players.
  • still think it is best to build the pot with a made hand; if they are betting/calling w air, your not going to make much anyway if you bet the turn/river. If they have decent hands, might as well start building the pot on the flop. If they fold, so be it. I think common mistakes are calling with a good hand and raising when you are on a weak draw.
  • Don't hate a flat here since it's rainbow. Would still be raising a good portion of the time depending on your image, most likely still 60:40 in favor of raising. Probably more like 90:10 for raising if this was 2 tone.

I wouldn't expect people to fold AT+ or JT and that should make up a decent amount of UTG+2 range along with sets. Any impression of him yet? Barreling tendencies -- also keep in mind he's going to rarely barrel an Ace high board out of position without an Ace himself on the turn after getting 2 callers unless he's crazy. The fact that he even cbet this into 2 people out of position makes me already lean towards AT+ if he's at all competent.
  • More info about the players in the hand. UTG+2 has shown to be a not so good players, loose, passive, always calling, never raising, usually with the worst hand. Cut-off, very loose and willing to chase the slimmest of draws.

UTG +2 - raise to $10
    Cut off - calls
    Button (hero) - calls

Flop - Ah-Jc-Ts
    UTG +1 bets $25
    Cut off calls $25
    Hero: I just call for $25 - Pot is now $105 and each of us has $150+ behind

Turn is Js - Board now reads Ah-Jc-Ts-Js

UTG+2 - checks
    Cut off - checks
    Hero: ?? - What do I do now ?
    More info about the players in the hand. UTG+2 has shown to be a not so good players, loose, passive, always calling, never raising, usually with the worst hand. Cut-off, very loose and willing to chase the slimmest of draws.

Wow.
    You HAVE to raise then. Checking is slightly better then folding. If UTG is allways calling never raising and all of a sudden he's betting at you, pop it up. He usually has something here and may go all-in, or his call will intice cut-off to call.
    Cut-off chases any draw, so raise. He's drawing to either a chop or runner runner flush draw. If he's usually calling here you gotta raise to get more money in the pot.
    djgolfcan wrote: »

UTG +2 - raise to $10
    Cut off - calls
    Button (hero) - calls

Flop - Ah-Jc-Ts
    UTG +1 bets $25
    Cut off calls $25

UTG+2 - checks
    Cut off - checks
    Hero: ?? - What do I do now ?

As played, I bet/fold this turn. You're either way ahead or way behind, and no-one has shown any real strength yet. You can make a nice suck-bet here like $40. You might get action from dumb players here. If you run into big action I think it's a fold.

Re-evaluate the river but if you get a few more checks i probably ship here.
  • bet $50 and see what kind of action you get; I'm not afraid of monsters under the bed. If you get a push, then you know where you stand. Don't see a slow played boat here. This is why you need to raise on the flop.
  • As played I'd probably check turn, I'm not really afraid much but if we bet we're representing a jack so we might fold out stuff. I'd probably go for value on the river
  • On the button with Ks-Qd - everyone has over $200 at the table

UTG +2 - raise to $10
    Cut off - calls
    Button (hero) - calls

Flop - Ah-Jc-Ts
    UTG +1 bets $25
    Cut off calls $25

UTG+2 - checks
    Cut off - checks
    Hero: - checks - (I'm a little girl, I know)

River is - 4s - Board is now Ah-Jc-Ts-Js-4s

UTG+2 - checks
    Cut off - Bets $50 - pot is $155
    Hero: ?? -

UTG +2 - raise to $10
    Cut off - calls
    Button (hero) - calls

Flop - Ah-Jc-Ts
    UTG +1 bets $25
    Cut off calls $25

UTG+2 - checks
    Cut off - checks

UTG+2 - checks
    Hero: ?? -

quits poker?
  • Not ever folding a straight getting 4:1 in a live game against bad players. Even on a paired 3 flush board. This is a Jx or Ax block bet way too often.

b/f turn to charge a crazy number of potential draws.
  • Never checking the turn if both call the flop....especially with that turn card.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    quits poker?

I know, I should, shouldn't I ? I plays so bad.
    I know, I should, shouldn't I ? I plays so bad.

So, did he show 67ss?
  • UTG +2 - raise to $10
    Cut off - calls
    Button (hero) - calls

Flop - Ah-Jc-Ts
    UTG +1 bets $25
    Cut off calls $25

UTG+2 - checks
    Cut off - checks

UTG+2 - checks
    Hero: ?? - Calls
    UTG +2 - calls

UTG +2 - flips over K-Jos
    Cutt off - flips over As-5s for the nut flush
    Hero: throws up a little in my mouth
  • Ok, back to the analysis. Does cutoff ever fold to a bet on the turn ? I didn't think he would have folded , even if I shoved, I think he calls, based on his play to date. And, I think UTG +2 calls with his three Jacks, giving cutoff the odds to call his flush draw (in his mind anyway).

I think I lost the minimum on this one. I think I have to call the river bet, since any Jack is probably betting there and may be even AK, AQ. I wouldn't, but these players would have bet the river with those hands.
    Ok, back to the analysis. Does cutoff ever fold to a bet on the turn ? I didn't think he would have folded , even if I shoved, I think he calls, based on his play to date. And, I think UTG +2 calls with his three Jacks, giving cutoff the odds to call his flush draw (in his mind anyway).

I think I lost the minimum on this one.

I think your looking at this all wrong; its not that you lost the minimum on this hand, but rather you missed out on maximizing the situation. You don't want the cutoff to fold chasing the flush or UTG+2. You want the call if you shove with two players way behind and you have a made hand (knowing what they called with). Granted one hit a runner, runner flush, but that's just the nature of the game. These are the situations where you make money (most of the time), where the other players have to catch up.

Just don't be afraid to bet your hand and get money in the pot. This will prevent a lot of players hitting runner, runner on you. If your gut tells you that someone has a boat when the board pairs, fold. Either raise or fold in this situation. Calling is the worse of the three options. If you have close to the nuts, calling sometimes makes sense to let them catch up.

Personally, I'm betting probably $50-$75 on the flop and pushing on the turn. I have no problem losing to runner, runner flush on the river if the other player decides to call me when I push.
    Ok, back to the analysis. Does cutoff ever fold to a bet on the turn ? I didn't think he would have folded , even if I shoved, I think he calls, based on his play to date. And, I think UTG +2 calls with his three Jacks, giving cutoff the odds to call his flush draw (in his mind anyway).

I think I lost the minimum on this one. I think I have to call the river bet, since any Jack is probably betting there and may be even AK, AQ. I wouldn't, but these players would have bet the river with those hands.

you're doing it wrong

you and Jah could have a great results-orientated conversation
  • I flat river here for sure, but you should have been betting all the way. TBH, you can puke only on yourself. If you were betting/raising all the way then you can puke on him.
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    you're doing it wrong

you and Jah could have a great results-orientated conversation

how would you have played the hand any differently?

Your not calling w the nuts on the flop or are you scared of a boat on the turn. So your likely betting on the turn (especially given the check-check).

This hand is so obvious I wasn't even going to comment. But consider this outcome.
    djgolfcan wrote:
    Flop - Ah-Jc-Ts
    UTG +1 bets $25
    Cut off calls $25

Personally I raise there, but whatever.
    djgolfcan wrote:

UTG+2 - checks
    Cut off - checks

You bet $50 (weak, but then again you merely called on the flop)
    UTG+1or2 (conflicting) shoves for ~ $150 (remember, he just turned trips with a gutshot).

Now, I don't know how bad your opponents are, but it shouldn't be an automatic call for cut-off. Sure, he just picked up a flush draw to go along with his top-pair-no-kicker, but a bet followed by a check-raise shove when the board pairs on the turn could easily be interpreted as someone filling a boat - which would leave him drawing nearly dead (maybe an A gives him a bigger boat; maybe not).

Scenario 1: Cutoff folds.
    Hero calls (more likely that he turned trips than filled a boat, and odds are good/stacks are so shallow that you can't fold your flopped straight here)
    River is 4s. Hero collects a big pot.

Scenario 2: Cutoff calls all-in.
    You just saw a check-raise all-in followed by a call when the board paired. You can curse yourself for not betting bigger on the flop and fold now, but it sounds like at least one of these guys just turned a boat and there's nothing you can do about it now. You fold and lose your $50 bet, but save the rest of your stack (same as checking and having to call a $50 bet on the river, I guess).
    River is 4s. Cutoff collects a big pot when he makes his back-door nut flush.
  • pokerJAH wrote: »
    bet $50 and see what kind of action you get; I'm not afraid of monsters under the bed. If you get a push, then you know where you stand. Don't see a slow played boat here. This is why you need to raise on the flop.

Sorry?
  • 800OVER wrote: »
    Sorry?

The proper response is sighhhhhhhhhhhh