2pair +FD on turn ~200ishbbs deep

Villain is very fishy but also passive, playing 39/1 over 69 hands.

I guess he has the nuts on the flop here (T7) alot?
Is the turn always a fold against this passive villain?

Stage #C91188189: Holdem No Limit $0.50 - 2010-07-15 03:31:17 (ET)
Table: AERO AVE (Real Money) Seat #3 is the dealer
Seat 3 - KAHLANSDADDY ($89.98 in chips)
Seat 4 - POKERMAJESTY ($81.64 in chips)
Seat 5 - HERO ($112.52 in chips)
Seat 6 - LUDAA ($57.75 in chips)
Seat 1 - TEAMUSA80 ($60.39 in chips)
Seat 2 - VKONYAHIN_RU ($56.25 in chips)
POKERMAJESTY - Posts small blind $0.25
HERO - Posts big blind $0.50
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to HERO [6d 9d]
LUDAA - Folds
TEAMUSA80 - Raises $2 to $2
VKONYAHIN_RU - Folds
KAHLANSDADDY - Calls $2
POKERMAJESTY - Calls $1.75
HERO - Calls $1.50
*** FLOP *** [9h 8d 6s]
POKERMAJESTY - Checks
HERO - Bets $6
TEAMUSA80 - Calls $6
KAHLANSDADDY - Raises $12.50 to $12.50
POKERMAJESTY - Folds
HERO - Calls $6.50
TEAMUSA80 - Calls $6.50
*** TURN *** [9h 8d 6s] [Jd]
HERO - Checks
TEAMUSA80 - Checks
KAHLANSDADDY - Bets $45.50
HERO - ????

Comments

• Not sure I could put him on the nuts here, but definitely a better hand. With and AF of only 1, and he minraises flop and bets pot on turn, I'm leaning more towards a set moreso than the nut straight.

I think most of your outs are voided now. Fold.
  • I can see him with either T7 or JT here. I can't put him on a set after the flop raise, if he played it that way then he's a dumbass.
  • I would probably come back with a further raise on the flop. Problem with these low flushes is you often run into a bigger flush, IME. Without the flush draw, its an easy fold. The flush draw sucks you in.
  • what do you think the 3rd player has and will do, maybe that's more important? but i see jt doing this alot, i can see a loose weak player min raise that flop as if theyve already made their straight. and then jamming the jack....!!!
  • We are only playing .25/.50 here...many players are jamming when that flush draw hits to protect their tp/sd.. I can see 10J here or more likely 57...we still have outs but .... We are hopefully a coin flip (him having 10J) after the flop and same after the turn.. Are you feeling lucky?

edit- player 3 has likely 78, a10, k10...chasing the straight anyway..
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    Not sure I could put him on the nuts here, but definitely a better hand. With and AF of only 1, and he minraises flop and bets pot on turn, I'm leaning more towards a set moreso than the nut straight.

I think most of your outs are voided now. Fold.

the 1 is the PFR, not AF.
  • Loose passive villian. I assume he's passive postflop if he's a 1 preflop.

Why didn't you repop him to say, $24 on the flop?

// Getting the obvious out of the way.

This $45 turn bet is a pot committing bet. ... for everyone.

So you're playing for stacks here.

You can beat a worse 2 pair/Overpair or top pair or a bluff.

Can you see a loose passive betting here with something you can beat?

What is Villain 2 calling with? He gets to act behind you?

2 choices.

1. If you don't think V1/2 has a set or straight, Shove all in to fold out V2 if he has a better 2 pair/draw.

2. Fold.
  • tough spot for sure.

If it gets all in here I think we're beating the majority of his range, but I think he'll show up with 89, 9T, 77, 88 99, TT, 97, T7, 75, 78, J9, J7, etc.

I think his play makes sense with any of these hands, even though he is bad.
    I personally would rather make a blocking bet on the turn, something like 1/2 the pot. Me personally, I'm not folding to the raiser. It sucks if I run into a straight for sure, but we have redraw potential. You don't have to worry about a higher fd, it hink thats ridiculous unless he has exactly Td7d, but I highly doubt he'd bet the pot on the turn.

Hell this idiot could be slow playing AA here. Get it in and I think you'll be ahead abotu 65% of the time. Good enough for me against this type of player.
  • This is what happens when you start with non nut hands, you hit the best possible board for your hand and still lose.