Tilting and causing a bad beat?

At times like many others I'll go on tilt and start getting in hands I should have never been in and be the aggresor even when it's obvious I'm beat. Most the time I'm obviously paying off whoever happens to be at the table with me but what about those times when your tilting and hit on the river causing someone else a horrible beat.

Do you feel bad about it or is that just part of the game? When you lose like that do you belittle and go off on the person that handed you the beat? My logic is the person should be glad I'm playing like that, odds are obviously in their favour. In this example I honestly thought my Jacks were good but if I wasn't tilting I would have stopped and thought about his bet and reraise.

I had "AA" a record amount of times fir me this morning. 6 times in about 3 hours, they only held up twice, two times losing to a third jack on the river.

Game #673624155 - (blinds $0.10/$0.25) No Limit Texas Hold'em - 2004/12/24-14:30:48.9 (CST)
Table "Apolima" (real money) -- Seat 7 is the button
Seat 3: TT-time ($16.60 in chips)
Seat 4: quasione ($45.20 in chips)
Seat 5: vvega2001 ($12.97 in chips)
Seat 6: ironmanap ($30.85 in chips)
Seat 7: ulegundo ($24.65 in chips)
Seat 8: jzln3271 ($33.68 in chips)
Seat 9: demics ($29.80 in chips)
jzln3271: Post Small Blind ($0.10)
demics : Post Big Blind ($0.25)
Dealing...
Dealt to quasione [ Td ]
Dealt to quasione [ Js ]
TT-time : Fold
quasione: Call ($0.25)
vvega2001: Fold
ironmanap: Raise ($4)
ulegundo: Fold
jzln3271: Fold
demics : Call ($3.75)
quasione: Call ($3.75)
*** FLOP *** : [ 9h Jc 7d ]
demics : Check
quasione: Bet ($6)
ironmanap: Raise ($12)
demics : Fold
quasione: Call ($6)
*** TURN *** : [ 9h Jc 7d ] [ 3s ]
quasione: Bet ($29.20)
ironmanap: Call All-in ($14.85)
*** RIVER *** : [ 9h Jc 7d 3s ] [ 8s ]
*** SUMMARY ***
Pot: $62.80 | Rake: $3
Board: [ 9h Jc 7d 3s 8s ]
TT-time didn't bet (folded)
quasione bet $45.20, collected $77.15, net +$31.95 (showed hand) [ Td Js ] (a straight, seven to jack)
vvega2001 didn't bet (folded)
ironmanap lost $30.85 (showed hand) [ Kd Ks ] (a pair of kings)
ulegundo didn't bet (folded)
jzln3271 lost $0.10 (folded)
demics lost $4 (folded)

Comments

• As a tribute to Leslie Neilsen, "I don't play poker to feel bad. I play bad poker but I feel good."

When someone hands me a bad beat, the best thing to say is 'Wow are you ever lucky'. Which is a nice way of saying 'You stupid jerk!'. You can laugh on the inside but at the same time encourage the idiot to keep on playing the same way so you can end up with all his money. My problem is, most of these tilters leave the table after taking down a big pot.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    My problem is, most of these tilters leave the table after taking down a big pot.

Guilty :)
  • Do you feel bad about it or is that just part of the game?

Its a deficiency in his/her game. Do you feel bad when someone played 72o and lost? No? Then don't feel bad when someone goes on tilt and blows up some bucks.
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    When someone hands me a bad beat, the best thing to say is 'Wow are you ever lucky'. Which is a nice way of saying 'You stupid jerk!'. You can laugh on the inside but at the same time encourage the idiot to keep on playing the same way so you can end up with all his money.
    my KK got rivered by some jerk holding A2o for a set of 2's. also happens to be the same jerk who capped it preflop :mad: ( this clown pretty much raises and reraises with nothin' ) callin' him a jerk is being polite :tongue:
    i've a few other word choice for him :tongue: and pkrfce9 please
    pass me a steel chair :tongue:
  • pkrfce9 please
    pass me a steel chair :tongue:
    Hey! Didn't I read about you in an earlier post???
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    Hey! Didn't I read about you in an earlier post???
    :confused: what u talkin' abot Willis? :confused:
  • check out 'is poker bad for my health' :tongue:
  • pkrfce9 wrote:
    check out 'is poker bad for my health' :tongue:
    OIC LMFAO ROFL.gif

Ruh Roh smilies-4974.png