Pulled the trigger

Yup, I will be heading to vegas tomorrow till July 5th....funny thing is this time I have no idea what I want to do (last year I had a clear schedule set and pretty much followed it)

So with that being said, everyone can follow me again on twitter (it's been a year since I used it..I liked leaving on a high note)

Ted Safranko (Tedinvegas) on Twitter

I am staying at IP as I got a full week comp'd there and I am by myself, so I figure I just need a place to sleep and clean up after 16 hour poker sessions....lol

If I get internet access I should be able to log trip reports on a somewhat regular basis as I am bringing my laptop.

Also if anyone is down there looking to meet up just shoot me a PM or what not, had a great time last year with a bunch of PFC members and I am always willing to sit and chat or whatever.

Comments

• Ted i'm there on the 1st and staying at IP as well. I'll send you an email later tonight with my contact info
  • Cheap bastards......I thought I was the only one who stayed at the IP.....good luck.

Location is second to none.......rooms are 2nd to most.
  • lol first time I stayed there they upgraded me to a suite. Jacuzi tub right beside the bed, and mirrored ceilings. wtf????
  • I arrive July 1st as well. I will send you a PM with my cell #, but you may already have it
  • Sorry for the delay in the trip report. Been trying to fix things that basically got messed up in Vegas…other than my bank account (literally).

1. First I appologize to Ash/Steve/Wes, my phone went on the fritz the day basically you guys all got in. My last texts were to Steve and Ash and then we lost connection. I really wanted to see you guys as it is always a good time down in vegas.

2. When going down to the states make sure you tell your bank everything that is going on, otherwise they lock your account and freeze your funds and you need to spend time trying to get it unlocked and that is not fun.

3. The IP is not as bad as people claim. For a poker player it is perfect. Central and relatively clean. Obviously when you compare it to the rest of the luxury hotels it is crap. I did stay at Aria for the last 2 days of my trip and the difference is night and day. But like I said for straight poker and sleep its perfect.

4. I have never ran so bad in my life in Vegas. I think every trip I have come back a winner, except for this trip. I won’t go into hand details but the major stack hands were posted on my twitter so if anyone wants to discuss feel free to ask away.

5. The play in vegas from the 1-3 to 5-10 level is absolutely horrible. Usually there was 1-3 good players on my table and the rest were total fish. The vegas regulars are total nits and most times unless they had the nuts they were folding a lot of the time. It was actually funny to watch. I tried this theory out on several occasions where the flop was checked multiway and I had position on everyone. It didn’t matter what the turn card was, if it was checked to me I would fire out 75% of pot. Very profitable play.

6. The money in vegas on the cash games is insane. The action is incredible and people will not fold any hand for any bet if they like their hand. Top pair top kicker were the nuts for the most part and if you happen to flop a set etc, you got paid handsomely. Unless you are like me where you flop a set and the guy turns a higher set…lol

7. The tournament play at caesars did not improve from last year and I did get knocked out of the tournament (the 4pm double stack) when I shoved from the BB with AK after there was a raise mp. We were relatively even stack and he sat for 3mins before calling off his tournament life with 88. The blinds were 600-1200 with ante and we had effective stacks of 20K….he made it 3.5K to go…I re-ship for 20K….I don’t think I make that call considering my image was pretty tight and I did show down a lot of winning hands.

8. Met a lot of guys from Toronto/Ontario including Max Greenwood and company (he won a bracelet in 2008). We had an awesome pineapple/NL/Omaha mix game going at Caesars one night. Really great guys.

9. The game play at Caesars and Aria is much softer than Venetian. The Bellagio is good for 5/10 as it has a 1500.00 cap and plays really wild. Stick it in with 1 pair and hope it holds…lol
  • 5. The play in vegas from the 1-3 to 5-10 level is absolutely horrible.

Would you say they were better or worse than Fallsview?
  • thought you retired... haven't seen you on here for a while. Sounds like my June :) When are you planning your next trip? I have a free airfare I need to use up by Oct.
  • Would you say they were better or worse than Fallsview?

Worse....by far....

And yeah I haven't been here for a while, on and off...just lurking...haven't had any time really to dedicate to my game and it was a spur of the moment trip.

I will try to get back on here regularly again....
  • Confirm or deny you went busto playing blackjack?:D
  • One of the highlights of my trip - sitting at the same cash table with actyper, sitting down about 10 seconds apart, our results were vastly different within the first orbit.

Not much of a trip report, but poker, craps, Blackjack, sports/UFC/MMA betting all were great to me. Tourneys on the other hand not so much.
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Confirm or deny you went busto playing blackjack?:D

I wish...it would have been a lot less painful....