The we love IVEY thread

All the love here:)

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

IVEY IVEY IVEY!!!!!

Live Reporting | 2010 World Series of Poker | Event #37: $3,000 H.O.R.S.E. | PokerNews

@ers:wink2:

Must have been my new signature;)

Comments

• Do we need to even ask this question?, of course I am!:wink2:

World Series of Poker: Is Phil Ivey the greatest player of all time? - ESPN
  • philliivey wrote: »
    Do we need to even ask this question?, of course I am!:wink2:

World Series of Poker: Is Phil Ivey the greatest player of all time? - ESPN

Not taking anything away from Ivey but...

I find it remarkable that Stu Unger isn't included in the article...
  • Another final table for me! weeeeeeeeeeee:D, wpt Bellagio

Seat 1: Phil Ivey - 1,595,000
    Seat 2: Justin Smith - 2,100,000
    Seat 3: Rob Akery - 1,980,000
    Seat 4: Eric Afriat - 620,000
    Seat 5: Moritz Kranich - 2,715,000
    Seat 6: John Caridad - 5,120,000

353 entrants.
    Payouts:
    1 $875,150
    2 $594,755
    3 $363,650
    4 $237,902
    5 $169,930
    6 $118,950
  • Hand #6: Phil Ivey Wins a Pot Worth 2.4 Million

Level 26: 30,000-60,000, 5,000 ante
    John Caridad raises from middle position to 165,000, and Phil Ivey calls from the cutoff. The flop comes Aspade.gif6spade.gif3spade.gif, Caridad bets 140,000, and Ivey calls. The turn card is the Kclub.gif, Caridad bets 350,000, and Ivey thinks for nearly four minutes before he calls.

The river card is the 4heart.gif, and Caridad thinks for about 30 seconds before he bets 500,000. After nearly three minutes, Ivey calls. Caridad shows pocket sevens (7-7) for a pair, and Ivey shows A-J to win the pot with a pair of aces as the crowd cheers the loudest they have so far this evening.

Pot Size: 2,430,000

Seat 1. Phil Ivey - 2,750,000
    Seat 2. Justin Smith - 2,640,000
    Seat 3. Rob Akery - 1,795,000
    Seat 4. Eric Afriat - 650,000
    Seat 5. Moritz Kranich - 1,535,000
    Seat 6. John Caridad - 4,760,000
  • Finished 3rd ($363,650).

Just money for the craps tables;)
  • That's right I use the back door, and tourny staff bag my chips.:wink2:

The Ivey Effect | PokerNews
  • No offense, Philli, but don't you have to have chips to bag?

I keed . . .
  • In communist Russia, cheeps bags you!
  • lol, Ivey playing the wpt London event.

An odd situation saw a huge pot develop between Erik Seidel and Luke Schwartz – two of the bigger stacks at the table.

We joined the action on the river, where Schwartz’ stack was all in the middle, called by Seidel – but his pocket tens were looking pretty impregnable on the T-9-3-8-8 board and Seidel just mucked his hand.
    With Seidel forced to hand over the bulk of his stack to the rampaging young Englishmen, Schwartz couldn’t help but ask, “What did you have” as he swept up the miserable-looking Seidel’s stack.

Ivey laughed and shook his hand, leading Schwartz to go on the attack.
    “What are you laughing at??” he said.

“You’ve just won a huge pot off the guy and you’re asking him what he has,” Ivey responded.

“What does he care, he’s a multi-millionaire!” exclaimed Schwartz.
    “That’s not the point, you don’t do that” said Ivey.

“I just wanted to find out how big a cooler it was. It’s nothing to do with you anyway,” fired back Schwartz.

“Well you asked me what I was laughing at…so I told you,” Ivey said, unfazed by the brazen Schwartz’ approach.

Whatever the rights and wrongs of the situation, that pot has left Luke Schwartz as the chip leader of the tournament with around 340k, whilst Seidel looks down and out having returned amongst the chip leaders – reduced to a mere 50k or so.

Ivey has a stack capable of threatening Schwartz however – his 140k meaning a good run could see him get revenge on the youngster for “Team America.”
  • Yes..... yes I do pawnz the pokerz.:wink2:

Ivey pwnz: Phil Ivey had a huge week at Full Tilt’s high-stakes cash-game tables — he was up about $1.4 million, and he overtook Tom Dwan for the 2010 profit lead. More here. Gus Hansen also had an awful week, and is now down $9 million during his Full Tilt career.
  • Raiseonce won the 25k heads up wcoop event, I think that pretty much confirms that it is Ivey playing under that name.:)
    Raiseonce won the 25k heads up wcoop event, I think that pretty much confirms that it is Ivey playing under that name.:)

I didnt know this was in question. I thought this was common knowledge?
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I didnt know this was in question. I thought this was common knowledge?

Well going by the 2p2 thread their is still question? lol

I have not kept up with it till today.
  • Oh yaaaaaaaa boyzzzzzzzzzzzz.

I am still number 1! (of course):wink2:

The best in the world?: ESPN released its latest power rankings. Not shockingly, Phil Ivey is still No. 1, and Vanessa Selbst has entered the rankings after another win. Story here, rankings below:
    1. Phil Ivey
    2. Jason Mercier
    3. Michael Mizrachi
    4. John Juanda
    5. Tom Dwan
    6. Tom Marchese
    7. Eric Baldwin
    8. Vanessa Selbst
    9. Alexander Kostritsyn
    10. Patrik Antonius
  • I thought the World Champion was Jonathan Duhamel? Kind of changes things, no?

(yeah yeah . . . donkaments) :D
  • Has Phil won a tournament at all this year?
    I gotta start reading these posts a little more lol
    Sorry........
  • wpt 5 star diamond event

1 ANTONIO ESFANDIARI 485,600
    2 DANIEL FUHS 397,500
    3 FARAZ JAKA 364,400
    4 DOUGLAS LEE 355,000
    5 VANESSA ROUSSO 334,100
    6 SOREL MIZZI 332,400
    7 KEITH GIPSON 325,100
    8 PHIL IVEY 308,100
    9 DOYLE BRUNSON 295,400
    10 NICHOLAS MITCHELL 290,100
    wpt 5 star diamond event

1 ANTONIO ESFANDIARI 485,600
    2 DANIEL FUHS 397,500
    3 FARAZ JAKA 364,400
    4 DOUGLAS LEE 355,000
    5 VANESSA ROUSSO 334,100
    6 SOREL MIZZI 332,400
    7 KEITH GIPSON 325,100
    8 PHIL IVEY 308,100
    9 DOYLE BRUNSON 295,400
    10 NICHOLAS MITCHELL 290,100

Ivey was eliminated yesterday in 80th place though lol
  • Had to go play craps at the Bellagio................

At least they were right and the bubble burst quickly.
  • See what a great guy I am, I took a 5 minute penalty to update you guys on my phone:D.

But this is great cause now Phil is mad and we all know what happens to Ivey's opponents chips when he gets mad!:)

The 2011 Aussie Millions Main Event kicked off Sunday and by the time the seven levels of Day 1a were in the books the top of the leaderboard looked a little bit like a commercial for Team Full Tilt Poker.

Erick Lindgren finished the day atop the chip counts with 186,000 while Patrik Antonius ended up third with 176,5000. Sandwiched in between those two is Australian Luke Brabin. Also lurking in the top ten is Phil Ivey, who sits sixth with 134,200.

The first day of play featured something that just might be a first, at least in recent memory, a Phil Ivey penalty. The eight-time WSOP bracelet winner was given a five-minute penalty for using his phone at the table. Tournament rules prevent players from being on the phone, texting, tweeting or surfing the web on their phones while at the table and despite a short protest from Ivey he was given a five-minute penalty.

Perennial BLUFF Online Player of the Year contender Chris Moorman also cracked the top ten with 116,900 chips. Erik Cajelais rounded out the top Full Tilt domination of the leaderboard with 108,700 chips, good enough for eighth overall.

Sunday was the first of three starting days for the Main Event with 238 players putting up the the $10,000 buy-in. Last year the first day drew 233 runners so tournament organizers could be looking at a moderate increase in field size from the 746 in 2010.

A number of big names didn’t make it through their opening day including Justin “BoostedJ Smith, Maria Ho, Eli Elezra, Tony Dunst and Terrence Chan. The biggest name though not to make it through the day was Tom Dwan who wasn’t able to match his Day 1a performance from a year ago where he was among the leaders.
    Aussie Millions Main Event Day 1a Chip Counts
    1. Erick Lindgren - 186,000
    2. Luke Brabin - 177,200
    3. Patrik Antonius - 176,500
    4. Carter Phillips - 167,500
    5. Brian Furness - 141,800
    6. Phil Ivey - 134,200
    7. Chris Moorman - 116,900
    8. Erik Cajelais - 108,700
    9. Dale Marsland - 102,000
    10. Andrew Starkey - 97,000
  • SirWatts 70,000 (a bit above avg)
  • Moving up player of the year standings after a 8th place finish.

Not a 1st place again in another tournament for him :(

Player of the Year Update -- Ivey and Steinberg Climb - Poker News
  • I'd rather watch Tom Dwan.
  • You keep your romantic proclivities OUT of this poker thread, okay?
  • Freerolling on stolen money and you still love this guy? Is he not a symbol of all the bad in the game of poker?
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    Freerolling on stolen money and you still love this guy? Is he not a symbol of all the bad in the game of poker?

not at all
  • costanza wrote: »
    not at all

good point
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    good point

ty u2
  • Idolizing a poker celebrity is so 2005