Bad Tourney Days..

I just needed to vent a tiny bit, im staying calm and realizing that my loss today happens to everyone...
$60 limit holdem tourney with one rebuy and add on.... I played as best I could had k's Q's, 10's straights, flushes getting cracked by calling stations hitting miracle rivers houses and four of kind's and calling all the way to the end after reraises with horrible cards, I was stunned..over and over agian...but after a while thought this must happen to everyone at least once, when you feel like youre making all the right plays, correct raises calls and folds but your getting nothing.... I will just move on to the next tornament and keep plugging away with the same strategy and everything should work out...
Anyone else have days where the cards are totally against you??

Comments

• Yes I do, and it even happens to the pros too. Keep plugging and don't let it phase you. Those swings go both directions. ;)

I used to play freerolls when I got in a slump. Or move down to the lowest priced tourneys I could play in. Just to let off steam. Now I take time off from playing for bit. Seems to help.
  • Considering my play over the past 6 months has been confined to $.50/$1, $1/$2 and a little $2/$4 online (and some $5 or $10 SNGs and some $5 + $.50 tourneys), my venture into the B&M world last week to play some live $5/$10 holdem could be considered stepping up in levels (at least financially, if not in terms of skill levels). Feel my pain then when I tell you that I played for about 4 hours and won a grand total of 3 pots, 1 of which was in the BB when it was folded around to me. Merry Fv(k!ng Christmas :mad:
    I got nothing to play....and i mean nothing. I'm a little on the loose side compared to some, and I still had a hard time finding cards to invest in. One hand sums it up, my first hand actually - dealt A Q suited, 3 limpers, I raise on my option, 3 callers call again. Flop comes 3 suited rags (another suit - not mine) and I muck it. Time and again the flops missed me entirely, while others at the table are winning with their A rag by catching on the turn or their 5 6 suited makes a runner runner flush.....
    Needless to say it was an expensive session, and sadly, it wasn't even enjoyable.
    So yes, to answer your question, I've had days where the cards are against me. You are not alone and it will not be the last time.
  • Played well last night, but alas my win rate was 4% of the total hands (350 in total). 2% of the wins were stealing blinds, and I had 1% hands won with a show down.

It was one of the few times where I considered folding aces pre-flop in an unraised pot. I get aces in MP, EP player limps. I go into the tank, well at least a couple of seconds and say NO I CAN'T fold aces pre-flop, and raise. Button, SB, BB and EP call. Flop T78 rainbow. SB bets, EP calls, I call (I know I should fold, but, well I CAN'T). Turn is a 5. SB bets, EP calls, and I raise. I just have to raise. SB calls, EP now comes to life and re-raises me. Well, I quickly fold, thinking he's a presto believer. SB Calls. River is a 7. EP bets, SB calls. Guess what? EP winds with T7o. Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle.

I later get QQ in the SB. I flop trips. River is the third to a flush. I check call and pay off the flush, holding J7 suited.

I love the Party Bad Beat tables, but this was too much! I won't be there for a few nights -- my psche has been damaged. It happens.

Cheers
    Magi