Options

do i need to worry about this

well one leak for sure is i didn't see the ep limping, i may have still went for the steal though just added a little more chips. but pretend i'm first to act. generally i won't worry about set over set other than maybe folding to possible set of aces or kings on a king ace board. but should i try to protect myself from the higher flush game in a situation like this........

Full Tilt Poker Game #21540277432: Super Stack $10K Guarantee (165934237), Table 128 - 170/340 Ante 25 - No Limit Hold'em - 15:41:31 ET - 2010/06/11
Seat 1: jetakayao (18,565)
Seat 2: teneight1084 (6,176)
Seat 3: thefattestgirls (11,228)
Seat 4: forboon (6,375)
Seat 5: Exotic777 (11,274)
Seat 6: ApatoZAvR (10,531)
Seat 7: Ant_78_79 (31,187)
Seat 8: kontisnikos (11,232)
Seat 9: SWEENS12 (14,385)
jetakayao antes 25
teneight1084 antes 25
thefattestgirls antes 25
forboon antes 25
Exotic777 antes 25
ApatoZAvR antes 25
Ant_78_79 antes 25
kontisnikos antes 25
SWEENS12 antes 25
Exotic777 posts the small blind of 170
ApatoZAvR posts the big blind of 340
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to forboon [9d Jd]
Ant_78_79 calls 340
kontisnikos folds
SWEENS12 folds
jetakayao folds
teneight1084 folds
thefattestgirls folds
forboon raises to 850
Exotic777 folds
ApatoZAvR calls 510
Ant_78_79 calls 510
*** FLOP *** [6c Kd 7d]
ApatoZAvR checks
Ant_78_79 checks
forboon checks
*** TURN *** [6c Kd 7d]
ApatoZAvR bets 1,020
Ant_78_79 calls 1,020
forboon has 15 seconds left to act
forboon calls 1,020
*** RIVER *** [6c Kd 7d Td] [2s]
ApatoZAvR bets 8,636, and is all in
Ant_78_79 folds
forboon calls 4,480, and is all in
Uncalled bet of 4,156 returned to ApatoZAvR
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ApatoZAvR shows [4d Ad] a flush, Ace high
forboon mucks
ApatoZAvR wins the pot (14,965) with a flush, Ace high
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 14,965 | Rake 0
Board: [6c Kd 7d Td 2s]
Seat 1: jetakayao folded before the Flop
Seat 2: teneight1084 folded before the Flop
Seat 3: thefattestgirls folded before the Flop
Seat 4: forboon (button) mucked [9d Jd] - a flush, King high
Seat 5: Exotic777 (small blind) folded before the Flop
Seat 6: ApatoZAvR (big blind) showed [4d Ad] and won (14,965) with a flush, Ace high
Seat 7: Ant_78_79 folded on the River
Seat 8: kontisnikos folded before the Flop
Seat 9: SWEENS12 folded before the Flop

Comments

• I think this was played really well.

The only thing I would notice is that your flat on the turn with that stack looks super strong, but I doubt people pick this up.

Well played, gross cooler.
  • I probably fold the river. As Wetts said, your call on the turn screams you are fairly strong. For him to shove into you on the river screams of even more strength. And with 4 cards to the flush out there the Q or A (both are in a preflop callers range) I think I can throw up a little and fold.
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    I probably fold the river. As Wetts said, your call on the turn screams you are fairly strong. For him to shove into you on the river screams of even more strength. And with 4 cards to the flush out there the Q or A (both are in a preflop callers range) I think I can throw up a little and fold.

There is no 4 card flush.

Never ever fold here. Promise. Thank you.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    There is no 4 card flush.

Never ever fold here. Promise. Thank you.

Doh, mis-read the 6c as 6d, so I figured you both flopped the flush. As played, it is a cooler.

Although, part of me still thinks being lead into 2x once the flush hits makes me think we aren't in great shape unless the villain is spewy.
    I think this was played really well.

The only thing I would notice is that your flat on the turn with that stack looks super strong, but I doubt people pick this up.

+1

Your position preflop makes up for your marginal hand. I really have no problem raising with your hand here. Your raise is even good, although i usually put in a little more with a limper to discourage the blinds to call, like 900-1000. If villian misses he'll usually cave to a cbet which scores extra chips in your stack.

That being said you usually have to play aggresively on the flop. You're cbetting frequency has to be high.

Here however, you have a nice draw, good position, and 2 opponents. I check here most of the time, as I can hit an 8 or a T for a SD which gives me more outs.

When you make your flush on the turn and you know you're not folding, I think you should raise. Villian could easily be raising with a single Ad and pair. Get the money in when the going is good, I think there is lots of hands villian will call with.
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    Doh, mis-read the 6c as 6d, so I figured you both flopped the flush. As played, it is a cooler.

Although, part of me still thinks being lead into 2x once the flush hits makes me think we aren't in great shape unless the villain is spewy.

Don't fear the monster under the bed. He could easily lead out here with 2pair, Ad + pair, straight, and lower flushes. Theres lots of hands villian could bet with, and we beat the majority of it. Get the chips in.
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    Don't fear the monster under the bed. He could easily lead out here with 2pair, Ad + pair, straight, and lower flushes. Theres lots of hands villian could bet with, and we beat the majority of it. Get the chips in.

Just because I am not all that happy calling here, doesn't mean I don't nearly every time. ;)
    I think this was played really well.

i missed the comments on this thread. nice to know. i won't try to lay the under flush down for a while yet i think , in this spot anyways. the flat on the turn may look strong but im thinking opp is medium i'm going to induce the villian into making a value/bluff. too many hands lay down to a re raise on the turn that will call or raise the river with a weaker hand.
    +1

although i usually put in a little more with a limper to discourage the blinds to call, like 900-1000.

yes i would have done that had i have noticed him although i may not have made the play with him there.
    syphilaids wrote: »

That being said you usually have to play aggressively on the flop. You're cbetting frequency has to be high.

i got a free draw and could very possibly be check raised. when i hit my hand i'm well disused especially if i hit my straight on the turn. its a monster if utg has aa kk or ak, which seems quite possible.

syphilaids wrote: »

When you make your flush on the turn and you know you're not folding, I think you should raise. Villian could easily be raising with a single Ad and pair. Get the money in when the going is good, I think there is lots of hands villian will call with.

i think there is more he will spew on the river that he will fold on turn re raise. i'm not worried about a diamond, he has to have one and it has to come, i may try to get away from a four flush, don't know

checking the turn is a basic small ball play.
  • darbday wrote: »

checking the turn is a basic small ball play.

Well, first of all you're just calling the turn, but even so I disagree. All your chips are going in the pot, just like they did, which is why i say raise the turn. You know you're never folding, so mind as well build a big pot with your great hand against at least one villian who is drawing dead, the other probably drawing slim.

After a raise and a call, you should either ship it all-in or go for a min raise and ship the river. The min raise will likely get 2 callers here, but so may the all-in. Honestly I hate getting folds in the spot so I'm more leaning towards a minraise. Both will probably call and might feel committed on the river when you ship.
    Well, first of all you're just calling the turn, but even so I disagree. All your chips are going in the pot, just like they did, which is why i say raise the turn. You know you're never folding, so mind as well build a big pot with your great hand against at least one villian who is drawing dead, the other probably drawing slim.

After a raise and a call, you should either ship it all-in or go for a min raise and ship the river. The min raise will likely get 2 callers here, but so may the all-in. Honestly I hate getting folds in the spot so I'm more leaning towards a minraise. Both will probably call and might feel committed on the river when you ship.

yes calling the turn, still its small ball. i want to protect myself against a hand like AdKx or something where he has a pair but also a higher diamond. i'm really only worried about a diamond river and he will likely bet any river card anyways with alot of worse hands. if he hits the nut flush and value bets i save money. if he goes all in on a diamond i can largely consider laying down. if he checks to a diamond then hes not likely calling a bet (this check check is a main small ball theme). if no diamond comes he will likely make a value bet on top pair two pair or set or straight, or will likely call my value bet since i didn't give away my turned flush and no more scary cards can likely come except maybe and ace which would likely help him.

but im not against your suggestion, is this tourney survival vs cash game?

so this bring me to his "all in" and i have to decide if i need to learn to lay down this hand to possible bigger flushes. but i don't think so...not yet.