Mike 'the Mouth" Matusow...don't drop the soap

Matusow is currently doing a 6 month stint in california on drug chrages, which shouldn't come a surprise to anyone who's seen him on TV last year where he looked seriously cracked out. Apparently he flew back after the UB Aruba WPT event and reported to court for sentencing. Oh, and he placed top 3 in Aruba! lol
I raise you 7 smokes, BIOTCH!

Comments

• Matusow is currently doing a 6 month stint in california on drug chrages, which shouldn't come a surprise to anyone who's seen him on TV last year where he looked seriously cracked out. Apparently he flew back after the UB Aruba WPT event and reported to court for sentencing. Oh, and he placed top 3 in Aruba! lol
    I raise you 7 smokes, BIOTCH!

Oddly enough, he's one of the brats I can really empathize with. I couldn't care less about the others like Annie, Hellmuth, and Arieh. But I really feel for Matasow. He's on one major tilt. The interview he did for ESPN at this year's WSOP hinted at him losing millions on a bad streak, after dominating. He looks like I did after I blew my first serious roll, I spent a year building from $50 bucks. Fortunately for me it was only fifty bucks I was out of pocket and I have a job to keep the income coming in.

I really don't think it's his true colours coming out. I believe it's a long, long period of tilt exacerbated by some drugs. I hope he can stay away from the game while in jail, and then stay away some more when he gets out. There will be many folks waiting to prey on him.

Cheers
    Magi
  • I kinda feel bad for the guy. I mean if he was dealing, well then he deserves the jail time he got. So I dont feel bad for him in that respect, just in the case of his poker going ons as of late. He was up seriously big time, and then BANG everything went down the drain. Lets say he doesnt play the best game a person could, but he was doing something right.

I dont know what to want for him, other than good health and a happy future once he gets out of jail.

Personally Im not sure if he should quit poker or not, if he does... get a job, a good life, become stable.. maybe do poker as a hobby from now on if you just cant leave it alone. I just hope he straightens out.

:)
  • Kind of a sad way to go. Money does that to some people. Party too hard. (Presuming it sped up the tilt process) Hope he does well after he's out.

And I really liked the 7 smoke raise. lol
  • thing is he isnt really playing that bad...like i said at the WPT event in Aruba he placed top 3, which is a hefty payday....mmmmmmmm......coke money
  • Mike is one of the best tournament players in the world. He won't be in jail long now.
    You are sadly mistaken if you think you want to face him at your table in upcoming tournaments. He'll be back and be near the top again some day soon.
  • Matusow is currently doing a 6 month stint in california on drug chrages, which shouldn't come a surprise to anyone who's seen him on TV last year where he looked seriously cracked out.

He isn't in California doing time he is in downtown las Vegas just down the street from Binion’s Horseshoe, The drugs were not for him also...... you can find out what REALLY happened here http://www.lasvegasvegas.com/pokerblog/archives/000230.php
  • I've never liked Matasow but I have gained alot of respect for him after this incident.

He did the crime, now he's doing his time.

He made the bet, but the gamble didn't pay off - now he must live with his decision.

He just lost that hand - remember, your poker life is a marathon.

Just think if he would have folded and named source - the outcome may have been much worse.

Stand up play worthy of respect.

Hang in there Matasow - don't let this bad beat tilt you out of the game.
  • i was reporting what i heard, and yes i stand corrected that he is in LV and not LA. but that still doesnt change the fact that he's in jail and im no dr but appeared to be on drugs at last year's WSOP...just my two cents