Update: First Tournament open to ALL registered members

We've decided to make a change and allow *all* Pokerforum.ca members to participate in the first tournament, regardless of their registration date.

In order to register, you must private message me on this forum with your iPoker.net username *by this Friday* (Apr 2). All the other details of this tournament remain the same (see the other thread for the tournament details).

The date & time of the tournament (and practice tournament) remain the same, and those who have PM'ed me already do not need to do so again.

The main tournament is Tues, Apr 6 at 8:30pm Eastern.

Note that the tournament is coming up soon (Tues, Apr 6), so if you wish to participate, be sure to fund your iPoker.net account early to allow enough time for the funds to arrive.

Anyone interested in the practice tournament, the tournament name is Pokerforum, and the password is vvpatten.

ScottyZ

Comments

• As a reminder, here are the prizes again:
    Whenever it may be..here is a listing of the kinds of prizes there will be to choose from.

Again, no prize will be assigned to any finishing place...1st place will get first pick from the prizes and so on.

-Year subscription to Canadian poker player magainze (if you already have a sub, it can go toward your 2nd year)

-600 capacity clear acrylic poker chip case (that locks and comes with a set of keys)

-300 capacity black vinyl poker chip case

-Deck of KEM cards

-PokerSupplies.com hat and Tshirt

Also, I've locked this forum section (I think) for easy reference. Posts can still be made in the "First Pokerforum.ca Tournament" section.

ScottyZ
  • Here are the list of people I have received a message from so far and are registered for the main tournament on Tues, Apr 6. Let me know right away if you are missing from the list and think you should be on it.

The list of eligible players is now finalized. Good luck!

Format: Pokerforum name = iPoker name

List of registered players (last update Apr 2, 11:59pm)

ScottyZ = scottyz

Dave Scharf = das_das

Jeremy = ontariojer

rroarr = rroarr

Hork42 = hork42

djw = djw

sloth = canadiansloth

vinsanity = vinsanity

Mark = timesmog

esool = esool

SirBry = sirbry

CanadaKev = canadakev

giggles = hectathrill
  • A couple of points for the tournament.

More time has been added for players to act. There was at least one time during the practice tournament where a player ran out of time while thinking, so I suggested to iPoker that they add more time to act, and they have added more time allowed to each player's action. In any case, *be careful* with your time because there is no "time bank" or anything like that if you run out of time. Also, there is no "timed-out all-in" protection. Your hand will be folded if you run out of time.

Even though I requested an unlimited number of raises per round, the most their software could handle was 3 raises (i.e. 4 bets) in any single round. (iPoker says they are working to remove this limitation.) Yes, I know this is not a good rule for no-limit. :) This rule (3 raise cap) was actually in place for the practice tournament, so I was watching for it carefully and it didn't seem to come up as an issue. While the 3 raise rule may have some unorthodox strategic implications, hopefully it won't matter too often, and at least all of us (who have read this-- and it's also in the iPoker "Tourney Info") now know about this unusual rule.

(Also, with the passing of the registration deadline, this section of the forum has been unlocked-- feel free to post replies here.)

ScottyZ
  • So there's no countdown of your time remaining to act like at other sites?
  • Yes, you will see a countdown when you are low on time.

There will be 35 seconds total to make each decision, and a countdown timer will appear (and count down) when you have 20 seconds remaining.

ScottyZ
  • Currently the "Pokerforum 2" tournament seems to have the password "vvpatten".

I actually sent in the list of participants to iPoker instead of supplying a password, but it seems like they just went with the old password (from the practice tournament) instead.

ScottyZ
  • Just a reminder that this tournament is today at 8:30pm Eastern. Good luck!

ScottyZ
  • This tournament should no longer need a password, but will be restricted to the players on the list above.

Let me know by PM if you're having problems registering. I'd suggest registering early just to make sure it works okay. Registration is currently open, and the tournament starts at 8:30pm.

ScottyZ
  • Thanks for organizing the game Scotty. It was a lot of fun, for the short period I was there anyway. :oops:

I hope you do another one soon so I can redeem myself. :shock:
  • Thanks to Sloth and Scotty. Very fun tourney. I'm looking forward to the next one.
  • The top 5 in order were:

1. SirBry
    2. Hork42
    3. ME
    4. Roarr
    5. Dave Scharf

Bry, please pm me your choice of the prizes, then I'll in turn contact the others with what is left :)

good game one and all.
  • Glad you enjoyed it... I did too & I'm also looking forward to playing again soon.

ScottyZ
  • Thanks to all who organized and participated. I had a really good time.

Look forward to playing another one.

My apologizes for taking more than my share of pots with pocket 2's.

hork.
  • Oh, and congrats to SirBry, who called my pure bluff at the end with his low pair and sorta-flush draw :)
  • Thanks guys for organizing...it was a blast. Wow, that puppy took a while too!

Fun poker all around...looking forward to defending my pokerforum.ca crown ;)
  • Even though Hork busted me out (6th, just out of the money) with his pocket 22's, I still had a good time. Thanks for organizng and for the prizes. Looking forward to the next one. And great job by Roarr to hang around for 4th. I think I remembered him really shortstacked compared to the others when I busted out. nice
  • Good to hear everyone had a great time! Wish I could have been there...count me in for next time!