What would you do?

I don't have the hand history......but I'd like to know what others would do in this spot:

Just made (ie. first hand of) final table on $10 NLHE FTP Double A: avg stack sitting @ 150 - 200K (going off memory)..blinds 5k - 10K + 1k (i think):

Hero in BB with: 2 2 (110K)
Folded to Bigstack (500K) next to button that raises to 40K
folded to hero......what is your line?

Played with bigstack at last table....calls loose pre, tight post....solid player.

Comments

• copycat!:D

(talking poker is never a bad thing of course) :)
  • if im reading right your in a 10bb or less shove or fold. i think he could definetly fold so that plus he's likely unpaired makes me snap shove. and you don't know his steal stats?
  • If hes calling loose pre Im pretty sure this is a fold from an ICM perspective.

Youre typically 55-45 behind what I assume his opening/calling range would be:
    22+, ax+, kx+, Q7+, J10+

Youre better off folding and open shoving wider over the course of the next 2-5 hands.
  • Also, youre note that he seems solid likely means that he understands stack sizes, and 4x pretty much screams please shove, so from a bet sizing perspective I doubt you're gonna see the bottom of the range I put above.
  • This spot for me is an easy fold. He maybe bluffing and you might push him off, but really your hand is too weak. If he calls you're either dominated or a coinflip (and he is going to call due to pot odds). Id rather wait for the BU and shove with a marginal hand like K7 then ship 22 against an open raise from a big stack.
  • LOL.....I kinda thought noone would take my line.

My thinking was, if I ship, he's calling 100%.......so I decided with the stop and go feature (assuming I get a decent flop), and hope he missed.

Result, I flat pre, ship 70K on an uncoordinated 10 high board, he snap calls and shows A 10......and I'm out quicker than the Blue Jay's in a pennant race.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    LOL.....I kinda thought noone would take my line.

My thinking was, if I ship, he's calling 100%.......so I decided with the stop and go feature (assuming I get a decent flop), and hope he missed.

Result, I flat pre, ship 70K on an uncoordinated 10 high board, he snap calls and shows A 10......and I'm out quicker than the Blue Jay's in a pennant race.

Its not a line I thought of, but it's a decent train of thought, and def. better than reshoving pre.

Edit - actually I dont like it as much based on stack sizes. Hes basically priced in to call with hands like AJ/AK on a 10 high board. And if the flop comes ugly you are basically check folding.
  • Agree that this is pretty much a fold, based on your description of the player and his expected range.

I think that your only two options are fold or shove, but definitely not to flat and play the flop. After your call, you have approx $70k left and once you shove you are asking a big stack to call $70k into a pot of approx $155k. If he is a decent player he has considered this before making his initial raise.

This reminds me of the 77 pocket pair thread...

Fold >> Shove >> Call
  • Agree that this is pretty much a fold, based on your description of the player and his expected range.

I think that your only two options are fold or shove, but definitely not to flat and play the flop. After your call, you have approx $70k left and once you shove you are asking a big stack to call $70k into a pot of approx $155k. If he is a decent player he has considered this before making his initial raise.

This reminds me of the 77 pocket pair thread...

Fold >> Shove >> Call

Pot will only be 94K, my thinking was if he misses he'd fold any unpaired / no draw hand....but I wasn't thinking his odds on 2 overs as Wetts stated.

Looking back, I think folding pre is the best option.
  • you know, this might be a big leak of mine, but if i see the sb call pre then ship post I'll call with AK hands. With the pot odds, if villian is bluffing half the time in this spot its a profitable call.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    Pot will only be 94K, my thinking was if he misses he'd fold any unpaired / no draw hand....but I wasn't thinking his odds on 2 overs as Wetts stated.

Looking back, I think folding pre is the best option.

The real question is if you thought he didn't have the odds to call with overs on the flop, why not check to him and get your money in ahead?
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    The real question is if you thought he didn't have the odds to call with overs on the flop, why not check to him and get your money in ahead?

This is a good question.
    Personally, If there is any chance he will fold i'd much rather take the pot without a showdown. Also by shipping you MIGHT get him to fold SOME worse hands. eg
    VILLIAN = 66
    FLOP = 984

It sucks in this spot if he ships and you call with a worse hand cause you think its best.... It's all real tough so I really don't like the flat call pre.