Bottom set on Draw Heavy Flop

Hit the set but I don't like the re raise here at all. Even if he's drawing, its a race.

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with 3:spade:, 3:heart:
UTG folds, UTG1 raises to $0.40, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.40, CO folds, BU calls $0.40, 2 folds.

Flop: ($1.50) 9:diamond:, 3:club:, J:diamond: (3 players)
UTG1 checks, Hero bets $1.50, BU raises to $4.50, UTG1 folds, Hero raises to $11.25, BU raises to $32.07 (All-In), Hero ??

Comments

• seriously...? with a straight flush draw you still have him decently beat. i've been playing sets without worry of set over set for months and only came across it 2 3 times max. 90% of the time he shows aj or qq+ and you have him demolished. the rest he can show quads aces for all i care and take whats left.

anyways ya 9's or j's but make the call anyways.
  • I can't fold this either, easily could be top 2 pr or combo draw here. How much did you have left to call?
  • We were both large stacks, about 200bb each at this point. I'm thinking at best he's drawing, at worst, he got a better set. I seriously considered folding here based on either being way behind or racing. I couldn't put him on AKo, KK, QQ either on the read I had on him. He wouldn't re raise/push here.
  • Assuming you have him covered - you're calling $21~ into a $50~ pot getting almost 2.5 to 1.

Assigning him the range of 99, JJ+, J9 and T8s, you still have an equity of 70% with your bottom set. EVEN if his hand is only JJ, 99, J9 and T8s, you still have a 55% equity here. You can't fold
  • Call,

The pot is big.
    You have a set.
    You can't put him on "Only oversets"

Call.
  • I would like to wager the maximum amount.
  • I didn't see him playing an overset so aggressively on the flop, most likely drawing, just surprised he was aggressive enough to put it all on the line here.

BU raises to $32.07 (All-In)[/color], Hero calls $20.82.

Turn: ($65.64) T:club:
    River: ($65.64) 2:club: [color:blue](1 players)[/color]

He showed KdQd and hit his gutshot on the turn. I ran the hand through an equity program and I had a lot more equity than I thought originally. I was almost sure we were racing, but on the flop I made the right decision after all.

Guess I was more result oriented than anything else. Thanks all
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I didn't see him playing an overset so aggressively on the flop, most likely drawing, just surprised he was aggressive enough to put it all on the line here.

with his hand I ship 100% of the time. It really sucks when he runs into a set for him, as then he only has what maybe 40% equity?
    But a gutshot SF draw with 2 overs is a huge hand and i'll go to war with it. Think how much equity he has against any J, QQ, etc. even 2 pair combos he still has 12 outs. If you add on the fact you might fold to his shove its a +ev play imo.
  • This hand tracking program I'm using still has some issues with it, and I never noticed that I didn't put up the villain stats of this hand. I guess when I say his pushed surprised me was that he was a 12/6/103 player, so I was NOT expecting a push from him on any kind of draw. Usually with that TAG type of player, I suspect more a call and see move over a push w/o the nuts.

Like I said, think I was more result oriented when I posted this hand than anything else, and starting to question if calling his push was the right move considering. Before I ran the hand through my equity software, I suspected either being dominated by a higher set, or raising again AKdd or something like that. Equity on the flop actually had me at about 65% I think, so a call was the right decision, just a sad ending to the hand.