Help me analyze this hand

Hey, First off I'm new here so hellow to everyone.
Ok heres the hand, I'm at a 8 handed $2/$5 Live game. Pretty much everyone at the table has $500 or more except for me ($350), I just received a "bad beat" which may be a factor and will say opponent #1($325). I'm second to act and under the gun folded, I call $5 with KQ off, opponent #1 to my left calls $5, fold, fold, Guy who raises a WIDDE range raises to $20, SB calls $20, BB calls $20, I attempt a steal and raise it to $105, Opponent #1 who i know is quite loose push's all-in to $325, and it gets folded back to me. Now heres how I analyzed this hand (you have to know I play with Opponent #1 alot and no that hes loose) So theres $490 in the pot and $220 for me to call. 490:220 = 2.3 to 1 (I have to be a 45% to make this call? correct?)
Than there's his hand range, the way he plays I dont see there being anyway he could be holding AK,AQ,AA,KK,QQ or any hand that dominates me. Therefore if my KQ is up against an under pair, I'm anywhere from 48%-43% and if my KQ is up against any A-X Im about 40%. SOOOO I called and he ended up having A-10 off and I was a 40% dog. (Neither of us hit and he won the hand by the way)
Sorry I wrote so much but I just want to know what you guys think? I thought this was a really bad play by me, but after analyzing it I didn't think it was that bad, just a few % short of a break even call which is still -EV so its not good but ya any input or thoughts would be helpful, thanks.

Comments

• Im going to give you the "GTA Poker" theory of cash games LAG style.

I believe it went something like this:

LOL at the fishes who watch me put in 3-4 BB pre almost every hand with rags but dont understand that when I put in 100BB pre I have the immortal.

The End.

In before GTA Poker comes and confirms this story to be true.
  • The Kid wrote: »
    Than there's his hand range, the way he plays I dont see there being anyway he could be holding AK,AQ,AA,KK,QQ or any hand that dominates me. .

I think these hands are definately in his range, given your description. LAG players wake up with hands too.

You 3 bet to $120, why would he do anything other than shove in this spot, given his image?
  • id like to see the bad beat hand too. but seriously....wtf....you played a bad hand badly....and lost to a better hand.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    I think these hands are definately in his range, given your description. LAG players wake up with hands too.

You 3 bet to $120, why would he do anything other than shove in this spot, given his image?

I no they wake up with hands, its becasue he called $5 pre I don't put him on those hands... I've played with him for over year and never seen him limp with a big hand.

And I'm not saying I played the hand right at all, I usually would never re-raise in that position with that hand, but thought it might be good opportunity at the time, I no the re-raise isn't a profitable play there (maybe its a loose all-in by him, maybe its a great read) , I just wanted to know what you thought about me calling his all-in , did I calculate everything out right? stuff like that
  • i don't need the math there....next time have the goods...if your gonna stack off, have the goods. heres the math

goods > less than goods
  • echo what wetts says above, oh and don't limp KQ oop.... His re-raise does tell you something unless he's loose aaaaand a donkey...
  • ^^^ This.

Fold pre or raise. I hate this limp so much.
    As played, fold to his raise or flat and hope for a miracle. You maybe ahead, but so what? you're never that far ahead. You know he's loose, so do the same move with you have AQ+ TT+ (imo a wide range) and watch his chips fly your way.

After your 3bet, you're pot commited. Call as played and hope you suck out. I can't see a situation where you're ahead.