Poker Stars Billionth hand celebration

http://www.pokerstars.com/1billionth_hand_celebration.html

I was just wondering through reading the criteria, how would Poker Stars know that all the milestone hands will be dealt in one of the cash ring games? Doesn't hands from play money and tourney use the same hand generator? Or is it completely seperate?

What are the odds of those exact hands being dealt in a cash ring game considering there is so many other non-ring game hands being dealt as well?

Comments

• They probably count ring hands separately. Those are the only games that create rake on a per-hand basis. I'd imagine it's counted separately.
  • I predict the billionth hand will be a double gutshot straight draw on the river. lmao
    Gotta love riverstars.
  • i was wondering that also. As far as
    i ever thought, the ring games and tourney hands all just compiled in order. I guess I was wrong... unless PS promotion team is that dumb...
  • they will probably pick a hand out of the blue.

How many times have they reset the counter!
  • My table missed the 981,000,000th hand by 396 hands...which was probably only a matter of seconds given the number of tables in play at any given time. Oh well, maybe next time...:)
  • I think they actually use the same number generator for all their hands. It seems like this because the play money hand #'s are in the range of the cash ring game hands #'s.

Suspect....heh.
  • I believe stars' history is to award the prize to the 1st real money hand once the magic milestone has been reached.. So if 1KKK is a play money table, it'd be the 1KKK+1 hand that would win the cashola.
  • once a milestone hand is very close to being dealt all tables that are not cash tables that are about to deal a new hand are paused for 2 sec to make sure the milestone hand is dealt at a cash table.