Poker table Felt

I have found that Fabricland has "end cuts" which is left over pieces from the end of rolls, in many of their locations. The only problem is finding a large enough piece as 2 M seems to be about the max, with 1.8m being the normal length (54" to 60" wide).

The bonus is that it is only 19.99 / M, if you can use a peice this small, and the one I am going to is giving it to me at half price from that even.

I was looking at a 6' long oval table, but I may see if I can work to 5' and change instead.

Colours are green, burgandy, black and sometimes purple.

Worth checking out for sure if you are making a smaller table.

Comments

• I just returned form Fabricland Woodbridge, where I found a piece of pool table felt 2.4m long, for half price, or $10 per metre.

$27.57 all included and I should be in business. The only colour they had this long was burgandy, but since I didn't know what colour I wanted anyways (the only green was the light shade of cheesy looking pool table felt) I happy. I think they had one more peice that was around 8' long, that was wedgewood blue. Not a bad colour.
  • Kevin is that you?
    When are you making the table?
  • Let me know how you like the felt, and how it stands up to a few games (regarding pilling etc). I was warned away from the fabric type felt, so I'd be interested to know what you think of it.

Post some pics!
  • This is pool table Felt, not fabric felt. Usually $88 per metre. As I understand it, this is the stuff that should be used on the poker tables.

Am I missing something?
  • to save a bit of $$, without going with craft felt, i used thin denim on my 1st homemade table...it matched my couch and loveseat perfectly, so it was easy to convince my wife that it "belonged" in the livingroom

:lol: