Hello Canada from Daniel Negreanu

I recieved an e-mail pointing me in this direction so I thought I'd give a shout out to the boys in Canada! Everything is going great with the tournament thus far and tomorrow I go for $1.8 million yankee dollars. I added a journal at my site which you can find at www.fullcontactpoker.com.

Take care,
Daniel Negreanu

Comments

• hey dan,

i just wanted to congratulate you on your amazing run thus far earning you the POTY -- especially within the context of your 'back against the wall' journal entry. absolutely amazing in my opinion, and im sure in many others' as well.

interestingly, i just wanted to mention that i live very close to where you grew up, and i recently read an article about your success in the Bayview Post, and i would have gone to AY Jackson had i not been accepted into a private school--most of my best friends graduated from there. its amazing how small of a world we live in sometimes..lol

best of luck (although im sure you wont need much),

mike
  • loving your site also, daniel.

hope we see you on this site from time to time also.

maybe you want to post your quiz questions here, and see the canadian perspective. :)

congrats on POTY also, your comeback and just sheer play in the final tournamnet at bellagio is inspiring.

It seems like you've simply willed yourself into winning this time, it just show what can happen when a person is determined.
  • Hello Daniel. Thanks for stoping by and saying hello to all of us. Congrats again on the player of the year honors. Good luck on winning the tourny.

cheers

Zoran
  • go canada go
  • Thanks for the link Daniel. We're honored bud. Take em down.
  • Dan:

You are an inspiration! Thank you. Congrats again on POTY!

• FINALLY. The Poker Gods have acknowledged Pokerforum.ca !!! YAAAAY

Daniel, you are an inspiration.
    I have been following your POY race from the onset, and actually had the pleasure in knocking Juanda out of one of the events for you.
    You said you'd do it and u did it.... a true champion.

I hope u take first.

HG
  • Wow! Daniel Negreanu has graced out forum! GL @ the Bellagio, not that you need it with over 6 million in chips!
  • this is why i come to this forum. To read posts by my favorite player this is awsome. Hey could someone pass daniel an invite into the next members tourney if he could ever find time in his schedual that would be what i like to call friggin tits! he is now a member after all!!!
  • Welcome!!

I have been following you for quite a while (stalker) :redface: . I mean career.

You do us proud :canada:

Maybe you can drop in now and then and give us your two cents (3.5 US)worth every now and then on our questions.

Good luck.
  • Congrats on your POTY honors. As with any sport or occupation it is great to have a fellow Canadian that we can look up to and hope to emulate. All the best in the future!
  • how do we know its really him? he didnt take the time to fill out any of the bio stuff but took the time to add the take care quote? i hope its him cuz i was pumped but i dunno
  • i could be wrong but i think the take care line is in the post and not a signature as my signature is always below a solid black line.
  • Before any conspiracy theories get out of hand I can assure you it is Daniel that made that post. I emailed him through his website and he was kind enough to reply and stop by and say hello to his many fans that post here.

Red
  • no i fig'd it was him i just wwanted to make sure cuz everyone (including me )got pretty excited and i just wanted to know for sure
  • JuiceMan wrote:
    how do we know its really him? he didnt take the time to fill out any of the bio stuff but took the time to add the take care quote? i hope its him cuz i was pumped but i dunno
    Remember that post about the personally autographed books??? :D

Can someone convince Danny to come to the poker cave? Can posting here make it so? I want him and Schoppsy at my table! Then I can take them both out.

I hope it was him. That would be cool. But it's kind of like the avatars of pretty girls on PokerStars. You hope it's real. At least you can dream it is. That's what really counts. A man's got to have his dreams.
  • Welcome to the forum Daniel, and thanks for dropping by. We'd love to continue hearing from you. :cool:

I've personally been a fan of yours for some time, and I'm sure you have a lot of followers both in Canada and in the rest of the poker world.

I found the automatic forum rating system amusing: "Daniel Negreanu... What's Poker?" ;)

To the "is it really Daniel?" skeptics, I think it's natural (and probably a sound strategy) to treat most things you see on the internet with a healthy dose of caution. In this case, I'm convinced that this really is Daniel Negreanu since the "Daniel Negreanu" post comes from a Las Vegas IP address.

ScottyZ
  • ScottyZ wrote:
    To the "is it really Daniel?" skeptics, I think it's natural (and probably a sound strategy) to treat most things you see on the internet with a healthy dose of caution. In this case, I'm convinced that this really is Daniel Negreanu since the "Daniel Negreanu" post comes from a Las Vegas IP address.
    BUT (!) if he had signed it 'Danny Niegro' then we'd really know it was him :D What a great case for using authentication certificates.

It is a great shot in the arm for this forum to get Danny to post here just after it was down for a week. A big endorsement for this site, for sure.

Would it be realistic to expect him to post here regularly? I doubt it. That would lessen the value of his own site. It is great to think that a guy who juuuuust pulled down 1million plus could take the time to post here, though. What a classy guy. Must be a Canadian.
  • I really do hope its was him. I am a bit skeptical but if scotty checked his ip i am now positive its him.
  • hahaha 'if it's him', 'I hope it's him'... lol cman It's so unbelievable? He posts on his own site, and he contributed an article in the last CPP which means Dave has probably been in touch with him about this forum.

I don't think poker pro's are so out of reach as to make this such a big deal. No offense to Daniel.

Anyhow, nice to see you on the forum Daniel, and congratulations on your WPT win, the WPT player of the year award, and all-time WPT money winner! Nice work!
  • Hi Daniel, I enjoy reading your site while I am bored at work, thanks for the good reads!:) Pimp out that Toyota truck!