Multitabling bankroll requirements

Hi all,
I recently started playing shorthanded .05$/.10$ NL (on Stars ;)) after having built my bankroll to what I consider a sufficient amount for these stakes..
I started with approximately 25 maximum buy-ins and eventually got it up to 35ish, at which point I considered starting multi-tabling..
Now I'm wondering if there's any "safe" way I can multi-table (at two tables at a time) these games while still applying a good bankroll management strategy.. The best setup I thought of was to buy-in for a little less than the maximum buy-in (8$ as opposed to 10$) on both tables..

Do you think this is on the safe side, or should I consider moving down to the .02$/.05$ ?
Also, any comments, suggestions or feedback regarding multi-tabling and bankroll management are really appreciated.

Thanks for your time guys
UTG

Comments

• Hi all,
    I recently started playing shorthanded .05$/.10$ NL (on Stars ;)) after having built my bankroll to what I consider a sufficient amount for these stakes..
    I started with approximately 25 maximum buy-ins and eventually got it up to 35ish, at which point I considered starting multi-tabling..
    Now I'm wondering if there's any "safe" way I can multi-table (at two tables at a time) these games while still applying a good bankroll management strategy.. The best setup I thought of was to buy-in for a little less than the maximum buy-in (8$ as opposed to 10$) on both tables..

Do you think this is on the safe side, or should I consider moving down to the .02$/.05$ ?
    Also, any comments, suggestions or feedback regarding multi-tabling and bankroll management are really appreciated.

Thanks for your time guys
    UTG

30bi for a winning player at that level should be fine for 2 tabling
  • GTA Poker wrote: »
    30bi for a winning player at that level should be fine for 2 tabling

I agree with GTA... 30bi should be enough.

Most sources suggest a bankroll of 20 to 100 buy in's.

Personally , I'm a fan of 100 buyins... but I'm an uber-nit.
  • I don't see any parellel between number of tables and bankroll. If you're rolled for .05/.10, it should not be affected by the number of tables you are playing. I do suggest starting with only two tables and adding more over time as you become more comfortable (read as bored). Just watch your roll closely for the first while until you see it steadily climbing and NOT shrinking.

Don't recommend you playing anything less than full stacks at all tables. Set the auto topup feature to ensure you are always at 100bb's minimum.

If you got tracking software, use it. If you don't have one, get one. Invaluable tool for multitabling.

I also suggest maybe shortening your session time length down for the first while when you first decide to multitable. Then reveiw your play, and adjust accordingly.
  • STR82ACE wrote: »
    I don't see any parellel between number of tables and bankroll. If you're rolled for .05/.10, it should not be affected by the number of tables you are playing. I do suggest starting with only two tables and adding more over time as you become more comfortable (read as bored). Just watch your roll closely for the first while until you see it steadily climbing and NOT shrinking.

Don't recommend you playing anything less than full stacks at all tables. Set the auto topup feature to ensure you are always at 100bb's minimum.

If you got tracking software, use it. If you don't have one, get one. Invaluable tool for multitabling.

I also suggest maybe shortening your session time length down for the first while when you first decide to multitable. Then reveiw your play, and adjust accordingly.

THIS
    its exactly what i was going to say.

Also I suggest getting out of micro stakes as fast as possible (read bankrolled) as the rake is HORRENDOUS at these levels. (5-10% rake, cap at 25bbs last time i checked)

EDIT: And get rakeback!
  • IMO, too many people buy in for max. There are better players than me at every limit, why buy in for max oop vs someone I know will be putting me to really tough decisions and slicing me up if I make a mistake?!

Sometimes I'll buy in for like 60BB, then when I see a very exploitable player, I'll fill it up to 100BB

You will likely improve faster if you always BI for 100 BB, but it will cost you :).
  • Im half way through ace on the river - kinda pointless read but interesting. Barry Greenstien will consistantly buy in for the minimum, look for a quick double up then grow his stack from there. I guess it depends on your style, but when I stack off I want to REALLY stack off
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    THIS
    its exactly what i was going to say.

Also I suggest getting out of micro stakes as fast as possible (read bankrolled) as the rake is HORRENDOUS at these levels. (5-10% rake, cap at 25bbs last time i checked)

EDIT: And get rakeback!

Hopefully I'll be able to do just that..
    Thanks for your advice guys

Alas! no rakeback on PKRStars