Should I have pushed on the flop???

NLH 1/2 B+M 10 handed

UTG Fold
+1 Fold
+2 Fold
+3 ($250) (QQ) Raise to 15 (pretty Standard)
+4 Fold
Me ($210) (KK) Re to $45
fold to +3 and he calls.

Flop T,J,K rainbow.

+3 Checks
I Bet 65
+3 Goes into tank and finally calls.

Turn A

+3 Checks
I go all-in for $110ish
+3 calls

River is 7

+3 QQ for a straight.

I think that my mistake was not pushing on the flop. Even if I checked behind on the turn and he moved in on the river I can get away. I put him on AK because of the slow call on the flop.

His mistake was calling on the flop. Even if he catches an A or 9 I still have 9 outs to redraw to the win and 2 outs for the tie. He must have put me on AK and thought that a Q was good as well.

I think that if I push on the flop he can't call.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Your flop bet is too small on a board like this (i.e. if he is calling a bet, he'll call probably any size of pot and under since lots of his hands are pairs + straight draws and live players generally suck), which made your turn decision tougher.
    Next time bet $80-90 on flop, then be committed on turn and hope the board pairs.
  • We have to be able to give him a card without pushing him out here imo.. betting 1,4x pot or wtv it is seems to be giving up value ( but feel free to tell me I'm wrong)
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    We have to be able to give him a card without pushing him out here imo.. betting 1,4x pot or wtv it is seems to be giving up value ( but feel free to tell me I'm wrong)

I never said to bet 4x pot though...
  • $93 in the pot on the flop.
    you have $165 behind.
    draw heavy board.

got to bet the flop bigger here imo. you could argue pushing the flop. i don't mind that play. i'm sure some people disagree however. if he really flopped the nuts, nothing you can do. QQ might still call your shove. JJ and 1010 are for sure calling i think. two pair probably call too. he raised preflop and called a reraise so i'm not putting him on Q9 (although does depend on player), so i'm assuming he hit some part of this flop - in which case i'm betting out.

even if you make a 3/4 to full pot bet on the flop and he calls, that A turn shuts me down for sure. JJ and 1010 are most likely raising your flop bet, and even if they flat, the A kills the action anyway. two pair will probably raise the flop too since calling there would be pretty bad. i think his flat call definitely suggests a draw with a Q.
  • I actually put him on AK when he called the flop and called my re preflop. But in my excellence at sucking I didn't bet enough to define his hand on the flop. When the A came on the turn I thought it was a Gin card for me. I like what trigs said about JJ and tt raising the flop. So I guess I made 2 mistakes. Not defining my hand on the flop and not slowing down on the turn. I did think that maybe he had the Q, but I still had outs.
  • the check on the turn was nice; one of those hands that just play themselves out; even if he pushes on the flop, are you folding top set? if he has AQ, such is life IMO. Don't see Q9 calling $45 pre-flop. Bigger flop bet likely wins the hand but getting him to chase is not a bad thing and if the turn is a blank, then he is likely committed at this point.
  • jdAA88 wrote: »
    I never said to bet 4x pot though...

Neither did I lol. Just saying, we flopped a monster, what hand are we really afraid is gonna get to buy a card for a 2/3 pot bet such that it is a bad deal for us?
  • Richard~ wrote: »
    we flopped a monster, what hand are we really afraid is gonna get to buy a card for a 2/3 pot bet such that it is a bad deal for us?

You are right, there is no way I was getting away from it even if he shoved on the flop. The only thing that I thought was that I should not have given him the odds to call the flop with a q. But you guys are right. Him trying to suck out against top set is exactly what I wanted. I should have checked behind and saw the river. Maybe I could have gotten away on the river.