Set when river flush came in

Full Tilt Poker Game #18891904462: $3 + $0.30 KO Sit & Go (143568862), Table 4 - 80/160 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:41:10 ET - 2010/03/01
Seat 1: ACEUPHODOWN (4,800)
Seat 3: J McSkill (10,206)
Seat 4: syphilaids (9,150)
Seat 5: Lindsey6 (2,465)
Seat 6: BigLilmitz (5,810)
Seat 7: klockslip (4,330)
Seat 8: AAsara83 (4,120)
Seat 9: kelfiedler (1,540)
klockslip posts the small blind of 80
AAsara83 posts the big blind of 160
The button is in seat #6
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to syphilaids [2h 2c]
kelfiedler folds
ACEUPHODOWN folds
J McSkill calls 160
syphilaids calls 160
Lindsey6 folds
BigLilmitz folds
klockslip calls 80
AAsara83 has 15 seconds left to act
AAsara83 checks
*** FLOP ***
klockslip has 15 seconds left to act
klockslip bets 320
AAsara83 folds
J McSkill folds
syphilaids has 15 seconds left to act
syphilaids raises to 800
klockslip has 15 seconds left to act
klockslip calls 480
*** TURN *** [9c]
klockslip checks
syphilaids bets 1,200
klockslip calls 1,200
*** RIVER *** [6d]
klockslip bets 2,170, and is all in
syphilaids ????

pot is over 6000, do we fold here even getting 3-1 odds? I put him on a FD, but it could easily be a desperation bet.

Comments

• Bad turn bet.

I woulda jammed.
  • Why do you put him on a flush draw? Did the thought of the straight not factor in on the smooth called turn? Or even Kx... Limped pot, villain is sb. I find it hard to narrow it to just a fd that hit the river, and with you out chipping him, even a call leaves you 5k behind, and as you pointed out, the odds are there at 3-1. The blinds are still low enough that you can make that 2k call back with comfort instead of panic.

I would be interested in others input on this hand as well.
  • Sharantyr wrote: »
    Why do you put him on a flush draw? Did the thought of the straight not factor in on the smooth called turn? Or even Kx... Limped pot, villain is sb. I find it hard to narrow it to just a fd that hit the river, and with you out chipping him, even a call leaves you 5k behind, and as you pointed out, the odds are there at 3-1. The blinds are still low enough that you can make that 2k call back with comfort instead of panic.

I would be interested in others input on this hand as well.

There's no reason for him to slowplay on the turn then jam the river if has JQ, given that I bet 1/3 his stack and im pot committed. Betting with a straight on the river just doesn't make sense.

He could have lots of Kx holdings, but a TP would usually want to either check the river or jam flop/turn. The only thing I could really put him on is a flush
    boogeyman wrote: »
    Bad turn bet.

I woulda jammed.

Turn bet is fine. I dont know why you want to jam him out of the pot. By making this bet I deny him odds to chase a flush, I give him a chance to try to bluff me off the pot, and I put him in a spot where he's so pot commited if he just smooth calls that he's going to have to call a river bet if he has anything at all.
    Jamming only works if he has something. If he has middle pair or less he's not calling. If he has TP he may or may not call. FD also wouldn't call. two pair or better it doesn't matter what i bet he's going to c/r the turn no matter what.
  • syphilaids wrote: »

Turn bet is fine.

I kinda disagree. Based on the action on the flop I think you lose alot of value with your turn bet sizing. Villain has clearly stated hes not going away, so extract that value!

As played, never folding.
  • villian had about 3400 behind, pot was about 2200, how much would you bet?
  • jammed^^

ur the leader at this point.
  • syphilaids wrote: »
    villian had about 3400 behind, pot was about 2200, how much would you bet?

~1800 imo