Betfair poker

Does anyone play there?

When I was playing 10/20 at Brantford last Friday (where I had a really good day, and won $870!!), someone was telling me about it. The person who was touting it has some relationship, I believe, where she promotes that site and others.

I downloaded the software, and was looking at it, but I haven't officially registered yet, and wanted some opinions, if anyone had any.

macbb :canada:

Comments

• I haven't played there macbb, but congrats on your success in the Brantford cash games!

It would take a LOT to get me to play on a new, relatively unknown site. There usually isn't much traffic, and obviously new sites don't have a history of dependable cashouts.
  • I looked up this site on pokerlistings.com, and it got a pretty favourable review.

One of the perceived strengths was that is a "skin" of the William Hill group, which as some of you may know, is one of the biggest books in the UK. Betfair also has a sports wagering arm associated with it, and because of that, was given a good score for reliability of cash out, because of the connection to a sports book with a good reputation.

It allows you to play in British pounds, Euros, or US dollars. One of the downsides in the review seemed to be the software, but it's also supposed to have juicy games.

Because of the review, I'm not as concerned with the cashout, etc. I just wondered if anyone has played there.

• BTW, I know this is off-topic (as was my comment about my Brantford win earlier in this thread!), but just a quick congrats to all_aces for the great showing last night in the Stars 20 + rebuys (and Mooshoo too; gee try saying that 5 times fast!!).

• Thanks dude! 5th place, not too painful. Lots of interesting hands along the way, but I don't think I'll post many...

I moved in a few times against perceived BB steals with any 2, with much success. I called a preflop raise with nothing, and a flop bet, to try and take it on the turn and it TOTALLY backfired when CPCharlie either had a hand, or read the play beautifully and check-raised my turn bet. In any case, my chip count was generally good for the last half of the tournament, and I went in with the best of it on my last hand, so I have no regrets.

Thanks for wishing me well during the game!

Regards,
    all_aces
  • Yea the 20 + R was lots of fun last night
    Made some bad calls in the middle but managed to rebuild the stack...
    Got knocked out on 9/9/10/x board with ace/9, 10 on the river to CP who went on to get third i think...
    Gratz on all aces!
  • This one is part of the CryptoLogic poker network, which is currently ranked 8th in player traffic on

www.pokerpulse.com

ScottyZ