Loose Low limit Tourneys - What to do

My god, the boards been down and I have been looking for help this lesson I need to learn.

The weekly game I play in is a Bingo game. $20 buy-in, winner take all.

We start with 25/50 blinds, and about 2000k in chips, anywhere from 4-8 players.

Blinds go up every 20 minutes, usually to 50/100, then 75/150. And you usually get 2-3 orbits per blind.

Starting hands from other players are anything suited and anthing connected.
Any face will be raised 2-3x bb, and pockets are about the same.

If I catch some cards, I can break this game. However, it's when I don't catch cards I get short stacked quickly and the blinds raise up quickly so where is the breaking point, should I just be gambling more?

Here are some specific issues I need help with;

3x late blind raise usually has 50%+ call ratio, "I'm in for one, I'm in for 3" attuitude seems to take over. No raise, usually has 80% call ratio.
-- Hard to weed out cards, so two underpair takes alot of those pots combined with flush, str and sets.
-- Go all in with those hands and you will get the pot, but just the blinds
and if you wait till the flop without a set if your all in gets called your probably beat. 20% stack bet will get called by everyone with a peice, and 50% will get called by one with alot.

Where do you break out and how do you get value from monster hands in loose game?

If the flop shows rags, but 2 suited, 1 BB raise with a 4BB raise on the turn suited or river suited will get shown down. Same as a str, 2BB on connectors and 4BB on the matching turn or river, will get shown down. Calling station syndrome, very hard to bluff. Half the time I don't even know if they see the possibilties, so they truly believe high pair is boss.
-- Without the ability to bluff (steal pots) I am relying on cards, as far as I know I won't win too much relying on cards.

With 4-8 callers seeing the flop, I start to devalue the strength of top pair, or 2nd and 3rd button pairs ( I consider connected suiters as strong as jj, a/k off) so I see alot of under pairs but am having problem knowing the strength compared to that field? How strong are underpairs vs the feild on those flops?
for example - 78h, flop 3 8 10 rainbow?

Against a loose field, where a/8, 8/3 suited, and k/10 off are all real possibilities, what do you expect from players holding those hands?

Most of my value is coming from suited connecters, where I turn a flush draw and str draw, which only happens a few times a game but when it does my all in will be called 90% of the time and I typically bust a top pair or over pair.
What other hands should I be looking to do this on, knowing how many times I will be called where the flush or str isnt even seen?

Loose players means tight play, however with the blinds rising that quickly
how tight should/can you afford to be?

Any other pointers for these types of games? any books or theories you wuold suggest?

Thanks

Comments

• Call a 3X raise pre-flop, go all in on the flop with the worst of it and suck out. Ooops, that's what your opponents are doing.

You're making it too complex.

1) Position is much more important in a bingo game. So, play any two cards in late position, and fold way more in early position.

2) Increase the size of your raise as the number of players in the hand decreases and your postion improves.

3) Early stages, only bet a made hand, and fold to resitance or someone betting into you.

4) Your skill isn't that much of an edge in the early stages -- have fun and keep em in a gambling mood. Try to make it to the final four -- that's where the skill starts to be a factor. In fact, there's a strategy to effectively sit out, until the middle stages when the field is thinned out and you can use your skill more effectively.

Cheers
    Magi
  • Played in three of these this week.

6 entrys and 5 wins, folded most marginal hands that I was playing out of position.

Took the vocabulary, "implied odds" out of my mind.

Also realized that even though the blinds raised quickly, I could pick up a 500 or 1k pot every couple of orbits. Left stealing and pushing out of the play book until the heads up or 3 people and FOLDED ALOT.

Funny how perspective changes things.

Red