Options

noobie question

***** Hand History for Game 8853246304 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $2 USD Buy-in Trny: 49833246 Level: 2 Blinds(30/60) - Wednesday, January 27, 15:19:30 EST 2010
Table $1K Gtd Speed (1843397) Table #18 (Real Money)
Seat 10 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 6: Kroat555 ( 2,930 )
Seat 8: Roodsky ( 2,970 )
Seat 7: Swenniepenny ( 2,910 )
Seat 3: fliszi555 ( 3,210 )
Seat 5: hero ( 6,930 )
Seat 10: mrfmn ( 2,000 )
Seat 4: patkan541 ( 1,830 )
Seat 1: rdogg115 ( 2,940 )
Seat 2: tha_e0ne ( 1,370 )
Seat 9: weltheld ( 3,370 )
Trny: 49833246 Level: 2
Blinds(30/60)
** Dealing down cards **
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ 3s 3h ]
fliszi555 folds
patkan541 folds
hero raises [150]
Kroat555 folds
Swenniepenny calls [150]
Roodsky calls [150]
weltheld calls [150]
mrfmn folds
rdogg115 folds
tha_e0ne calls [90]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 3c, 5h, 8c ]
tha_e0ne checks
hero checks
Swenniepenny checks
Roodsky bets [780]

if i had him exactly on a flush draw, basically over card clubs do i want all his money in right now? i know its a tight range, but i'm not worried about the hand just trying to understand the concept. because i used to play small pots so i could try and see the river to know if im ahead, but im starting to try and get the most money as soon as i feel im ahead,

if i had him exactly on a flush draw, basically over card clubs do i want all his money in right now?

Comments

• Unless you have him on a set of 5's or 8's, you want all his money in now.
  • darbday wrote: »
    im starting to try and get the most money as soon as i feel im ahead,

Score 1.
    A 3bet here would pot commit him and you would playing for his stack. Push it in now. I believe a flush draw works out to like 27% he will hit it (quite possibly wrong here), so you're getting the best of it everytime and making him pay for drawing out on you. Also remember you have outs to a boat as well if the board pairs up, so even if he did hit his flush on the turn, you still have like 25% (?again, not postive) to boat over him.
  • You are the table chip leader! Jam that sucker!
  • You definitely want to raise here. He might also have something like TPTK (in which case you're WAY ahead) or top-two pair or something. And if he does have a higher set, so be it.

You want to raise enough that he doesn't get correct odds to chase a flush.

After you "call" (not that you're calling, but just for calculation), pot will be 600 + 780*2 = 2160. His odds against hitting the flush on the turn are 4.22:1; he's 1.86:1 against hitting by the river. Given that there are other players in the hand who might also be on flush and/or straight draws, I'd suggest raising somewhere between 50% and 100% of the pot, so ~ 1100-2100 on top of his bet; that's about 1900-2900 in total... which is pretty much all-in to any of the players in the hand.

In principle, villain could have something like :6c :7c, in which case he has a much better chance of hitting (smaller odds against), and that justifies closer to a pot-sized raise... or he might have :ac :5c and think he has more outs than he actually does (to trips or Aces up... but those outs are dead given your set).

In summary... SHIP IT!
  • hero raises [1,560]
    Swenniepenny folds
    Roodsky is all-In [2,040]
    hero: watchin kroat? i may not get this but...
    hero calls [1,260]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 9c ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
    hero shows [ 3s, 3h ]three of a kind, Threes.
    Roodsky shows [ Qc, Kc ]a flush, King high.
    Roodsky wins 6,420 chips from the main pot with a flush, King high.

boo yah, i lost but i dont care!
  • okay gotta revamp my moves to fit this line of thinking... thx all
  • darbday wrote: »
    hero raises [1,560]
    Swenniepenny folds
    Roodsky is all-In [2,040]
    hero: watchin kroat? i may not get this but...
    hero calls [1,260]
    ** Dealing Turn ** [ 9c ]
    ** Dealing River ** [ 4d ]
    hero shows [ 3s, 3h ]three of a kind, Threes.
    Roodsky shows [ Qc, Kc ]a flush, King high.
    Roodsky wins 6,420 chips from the main pot with a flush, King high.

boo yah, i lost but i dont care!

Good play (although the raise was a little small); unfortunate result. He sucked out. C'est le poker.
  • iNano78 wrote: »
    Good play (although the raise was a little small); unfortunate result. He sucked out. C'est le poker.

i fine with the suck out from what we decided. i can't say i can use this play all the time, but its clear to me at the tables im playing this man want to go all in with a flush draw, from here i just need to evaluate the times i get beat by an over set, which never happens to me maybe 2 times in three months. the comments in the chat box are about me setting a guy with aces the same way 2 hands or so before.
  • Lead flop imo. You are the pfr and having it check through would be ass and having the pfr CR that flop looks pretty strong.

Ie, you check, A8 bets you checkraise...A8?!

But you bet flop, bet turn, bet river A8 may decide to call you down. Or 77 as well thinking you're full of ****, but CR will lose some customers.
  • Tilter wrote: »
    Lead flop imo. You are the pfr and having it check through would be ass and having the pfr CR that flop looks pretty strong.

Ie, you check, A8 bets you checkraise...A8?!

But you bet flop, bet turn, bet river A8 may decide to call you down. Or 77 as well thinking you're full of ****, but CR will lose some customers.

ban....off topic