Options

another crucifiction please?

what's a good roi for mtt's, and whats a decent sample size...im sure this all varies huge but my there has to be some general rules. and for anyone who moved up to mid or high stakes, when and why, and how did you do, comments on that please. i suspect there are still alot of wealthy donkey's out there, and if i make another decent cash im thinking of playing 6-10 55$ dollar tournies or something.....?

well here goes hoping for real answers.....that are useful...

*click*

Comments

• you need BR mgmt 1st and foremost

I'd say 1000 tourneys would be a somewhat decent sample size*. Any +ROI is a good thing.

*I don't think that is accurate by will give a general trend.
  • There are no general rules for ROI. There are theories out there about BI but thats about it.

Play within ur roll, take some shots when you feel frisky.
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    There are no general rules for ROI. There are theories out there about BI but that's about it.

ok i kinda understand because a 50% at a low level isn't worth maybe 10% roi at higher stakes or what ever. the thing about this brm is that i have little in my poker account but havn't had to use my own money to play since i started. i just keep adding back what ive cashed out. so i think it relates to profits, but ive never read anything saying that.

i guess it comes down to there's only one way to find out. ill prob save up 1k and try 4 or 5 and see how i feel....

thx both
  • Wetts1012 wrote: »
    There are no general rules for ROI. There are theories out there about BI but thats about it.

This....unless you're playing for a living, brm is what you make it. Myself, I withdraw regularly (or I like to think so anyhow), usually don't carry more than 1G in either account (FTP or Stars), and I'll deposit, if need be, to play the tournies I want to play.

My idea of taking a shot is playing an upto 10x normal buy in (my normal buy-in would be $20 - 25), so taking a shot means playing a $200 - 300 tourney. Which I don't mind doing, buy always try to Satellite in.

As far as ROI, I think anything positive is what you're aiming for. If you're reaching for the stars....look up Wetts.
  • T8urmoney wrote: »

As far as ROI, I think anything positive is what you're aiming for. If you're reaching for the stars....look up Wetts.

ya im looking at it going, I WANT THAT!
  • T8urmoney wrote: »
    This....unless you're playing for a living, brm is what you make it. Myself, I withdraw regularly (or I like to think so anyhow), usually don't carry more than 1G in either account (FTP or Stars), and I'll deposit, if need be, to play the tournies I want to play.

My idea of taking a shot is playing an upto 10x normal buy in (my normal buy-in would be $20 - 25), so taking a shot means playing a $200 - 300 tourney. Which I don't mind doing, buy always try to Satellite in.

I really like this but im a true gambler at heart.

Every once in a while I'll play huge MTTs out of my BR. (any tourny >90ppl I want 100 BI) .

Satellietes are a great way to go. I would highly recommend playing any satelliete within your BR. Even if you hate the tourny you're playing for, you can cash out in tournament dollars (on full tilt anyway) and play lots of sit n gos for free.
    I turned 2000 FTP into $400 in 2 weeks doing this.

Last April I scored huge in an MTT. I had $200 in my account and decided to do the $12 daily double on FTP (which I dont recommend, hitting the bonus is very hard)
    Hit first of 1400 in the one tourny paying out 2700. Satellieted into the Big Brawl and scored 1200 for 30th. I miss those days.....
  • i believe if your playing off of profits then your br doesn't matter.
  • I read this article somewhere recently.

A sample size of 1000 will get you within 10% of your true ROI, a sample size of 5000 will get you within 5% of your true ROI and a sample size of 10K will get you within 1% of your true ROI.

As for the ROI, it really depends on the game and the structure. A $5 game with the worst players in the world could net you a 100%+ ROI, but if it has a regular field of 10K runners, you likely will never see your true ROI.

As for taking a shot at the higher buy-ins. If you've grinded a nice tidy sum go for it. It's $550 if you take 10 shots. But if you're playing the PS Dailies which get over 1000 runners, do not expect to a true ROI because your true ROI comes with you making final tables lets say 1/60th of the time. But thats how you make the jump from low to mid/high stakes mtt, you take a shot you win and boom robusto your bankroll and now you have the confidence and roll to play it as your regular game.
  • Tilter wrote: »
    I read this article somewhere recently.

A sample size of 1000 will get you within 10% of your true ROI, a sample size of 5000 will get you within 5% of your true ROI and a sample size of 10K will get you within 1% of your true ROI.

As for the ROI, it really depends on the game and the structure. A $5 game with the worst players in the world could net you a 100%+ ROI, but if it has a regular field of 10K runners, you likely will never see your true ROI.

As for taking a shot at the higher buy-ins. If you've grinded a nice tidy sum go for it. It's $550 if you take 10 shots. But if you're playing the PS Dailies which get over 1000 runners, do not expect to a true ROI because your true ROI comes with you making final tables lets say 1/60th of the time. But thats how you make the jump from low to mid/high stakes mtt, you take a shot you win and boom robusto your bankroll and now you have the confidence and roll to play it as your regular game.

right on good info. ya its not an exact science but i think i get it enough to understand. over the next 3 months ill prob be hitting up the higher stakes for good.