Options

whats are your lines.

Preflop and post flop please...

villains vpip is 9 and preflop raise is 4 after about 60 hands.

***** Hand History for Game 8829652332 *****
NL Texas Hold'em $2 USD Buy-in Trny:49701166 Level:11 Blinds-Antes(1,000/2,000 -75) - Wednesday, January 20, 18:47:45 EST 2010
Table $3K Gtd Rebuy (1838929) Table #3 (Real Money)
Seat 9 is the button
Total number of players : 10
Seat 7: GUILLERMO_85 ( 47,916 )
Seat 5: Maherhashbaz ( 66,268 )
Seat 9: Ribbenthrop ( 113,445 )
Seat 2: Shark_1972 ( 56,915 )
Seat 8: chadprewitt ( 21,700 )
Seat 4: cyril366 ( 22,135 )
Seat 1: hero ( 59,725 )
Seat 3: paperslinger ( 52,693 )
Seat 10: seb1348rad ( 19,210 )
Seat 6: the_oldfox ( 33,255 )
Trny:49701166 Level:11
Blinds-Antes(1,000/2,000 -75)
hero posts ante [75]
Shark_1972 posts ante [75]
paperslinger posts ante [75]
cyril366 posts ante [75]
Maherhashbaz posts ante [75]
the_oldfox posts ante [75]
GUILLERMO_85 posts ante [75]
chadprewitt posts ante [75]
Ribbenthrop posts ante [75]
seb1348rad posts ante [75]
** Dealing down cards **
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to hero [ Jh Jd ]
Shark_1972 folds
paperslinger raises [5,000]
cyril366 folds
Maherhashbaz folds
the_oldfox folds
GUILLERMO_85 folds
chadprewitt folds
Ribbenthrop folds
seb1348rad folds
hero calls [3,000]
** Dealing Flop ** [ 8d, 9d, Qs ]
hero checks
paperslinger bets [7,000]
here??

Comments

• vpip of 9, and ep raise...methinks we are behind from the get go..fold post flop.
  • Someone playing 9/4 over alot of hands is nutpeddling, and likely not playing around.

This is a fold imo.
  • Title grunch:

three-lines-of-coke-and-r-001-1.jpg
  • Is stating you are grunching when you are actually grunching the new thing, cuz I didnt know but it seems that way?

Should I save this for question week?
  • I think it is fair to let everyone know you've grunched.
  • DennisG wrote: »
    vpip of 9, and ep raise...methinks we are behind from the get go..fold post flop.

methinks perhaps too, so i consider a set mine, or maybe i can get checked to a straight. however, me also strongly thinks a hesitant Ak
  • 3bet preflop to ~12k and if he 4bets, it is a standard fold . Calling and having to check when any overcard hits is horrible.

If he calls our 3bet I would cbet for about ~12-14k. If raised I fold, people that tight are rarely bluffing here. If just called, re-evaluate turn.
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    3bet preflop to ~12k and if he 4bets, it is a standard fold . Calling and having to check when any overcard hits is horrible.

If he calls our 3bet I would cbet for about ~12-14k. If raised I fold, people that tight are rarely bluffing here. If just called, re-evaluate turn.

well your cheating cause i was asking about the decision here ;) . the only thing about re raising preflop is those damn guys who over play aks and aqs. it's possible i would lay down to a re re raise from a worse hand. still i really felt he had a hand that he wasn't sure how to play like ak. i re popped him post flop (to 21k i think) and he folded. i think it was a strong play that would be hard for most guys to come over top of without a hand. and i think it saved me chips compared to this play you wrote. which i didnt mind. but even though a guy is tight, doesn't save me from him overplaying preflop and me making a mistake and laying down....

all this...maybe.
  • darbday wrote: »
    well your cheating cause i was asking about the decision here ;) . the only thing about re raising preflop is those damn guys who over play aks and aqs. it's possible i would lay down to a re re raise from a worse hand. still i really felt he had a hand that he wasn't sure how to play like ak. i re popped him post flop (to 21k i think) and he folded. i think it was a strong play that would be hard for most guys to come over top of without a hand. and i think it saved me chips compared to this play you wrote. which i didnt mind. but even though a guy is tight, doesn't save me from him overplaying preflop and me making a mistake and laying down....

all this...maybe.

I agree he may 4bet shove here, but I am not sure, given your description of villain, he would do that AK (as AQ doesn't fold that flop). I know we don't want to get into a race here given stack sizes, but I think villain feels the same about his hand.

If he puts you on a 3bet range of AQ/AKs or 1010 or better, and being such a tight player, I would guess he flats your 3bet and folds to your flop cbet. He is probably an ABC player and he probably had AK/AJs there or maybe a medium PP.
  • HammerDad wrote: »
    I agree he may 4bet shove here, but I am not sure, given your description of villain, he would do that AK (as AQ doesn't fold that flop). I know we don't want to get into a race here given stack sizes, but I think villain feels the same about his hand.

If he puts you on a 3bet range of AQ/AKs or 1010 or better, and being such a tight player, I would guess he flats your 3bet and folds to your flop cbet. He is probably an ABC player and he probably had AK/AJs there or maybe a medium PP.

dont mind this. i've come up with a theory then that if an ace comes on the flop i can fold out of turn